This is why I like Fiedler, and I HATE Gadsden | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This is why I like Fiedler, and I HATE Gadsden

ckparrothead

Premium Member
Reaction score
"If they do open the competition up, I'm not going to back away from that," Fiedler said Friday before the team's first 2003 minicamp practice.

"I've been competing my whole life. I was a backup for the first half of my career looking to take someone's job away, so I know what the second- and third-string guys are thinking while I have the starting position. I'm not going to slack because I've been handed the starting job."

"We've got a lot of work to do," Fiedler said. "Whoever is going to be the starter needs to get as many reps with the starting unit as possible. But I'm not going to back away from any competition that's going to be there."

Notice the STARK CONTRAST in these sentiments from what Oronde Gadsden started saying last year, when the coaches publicly announced that the spot opposite Chris Chambers was open for competition in training camp between Oronde Gadsden and James McKnight.

OG started bytching and whining, saying stuff like "after all i've done for this team" and stuff and questioning why its HIM thats competing for a job and whatnot, saying he deserves the unquestioned start based on his play over the years.

And our coaches, the pu$$ies that they were, gave into his whining and closed the competition before training camp even began.

And now Gadsden's agent is STILL tryin to talk about all he's done for the dolphins and stuff....as he desperately is trying to get a decent contract for his client in a dried up free agent market that already basically said they don't want Gadsden.

Gadsden's cojones are like pebbles next to boulders compared to Fiedler's

Actually McKnight did end up winning in training camp. He took not starting. Then he took blame for two fumbles!!!(OMG)

Then at the end of the season he gets a little tired of it and says no I won't re-structure. He gets pissed on treatment. Third next to Fiedler and Fletcher. Hwo can you expect a guy to not get sick of that after a while?

He will be good this year. Could be a late bloomer, has no injuries almost in his career too.

Agreed.

Let's hope Gadsden signs with Jax soon, as reported in today's Sun-Sentinel, and we can all move forward.

Not to mention Gadsden quitting on the team last year because he was worried about free agency. That vet minimum is sure looking good for OG right now.

Makes a good point. As much as Gadsden is liked by the players and probably the coaches too......this appears to be his fatal flaw: His unwillingness to compete for his job. More specifically, his PRIDE.

I mean, he came in just like Fiedler. A street FA who had to work his way up to starting. Both men's jobs aren't 1000% secure. Heck, Gadsden doesn't even HAVE a job. But the difference is, Fiedler is willing to take on all comers.

Also, McKnight is very perseverant. He tore an ACL in '99 shortly after signing on in Dallas. The very next season, he comes back to catch 52 passes for 17.8 ypc. And that came with him being the only visible WR on the roster and a very shaky QB situation. It also came ON TURF.

McKnight will come back strong in 2003.

Originally posted by ckparrothead

Or booyeah_ ;)

I agree. Fiedler is a team player and class act. Gadsen is very stubborn and arrogant when it comes to "his God given starting job".

:lol: For those of you who don't know what that means, CK said Gadsden's balls are lik pebbles next to boulders compared to Fiedler's. :lol: :lol:

Good one CK, I like the spanish influence there :lol:

Thanks for clearing that up Migs, I thought cojones was when 2 or more drug addicts go through withdrawal together... they "co-jones"...

Good night! Don't forget to tip your waitress...

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol: :lol: :rofl:

I have to make sure everyone an understand posts you know :D ;)

No prob Migs. But I think the word 'cojones' has become so well known heck you could probably put it in the English dictionary by now heh.

J-Mac did his fair share of whining but unlike OG he had reason to do it. JM welcomed the competition, expressed disappointment when he was declared inactive for 4 games but also said he's not going to let it get to him or be a distraction for teammates. Then he bytched when the Cris Carter signing was announced just before the Buffalo game where he was slated to start in place of Oronde Gadsden...he "question the timing of it all"etc...but honestly he had a right to. Why you say? Because they brought in Carter and they didn't put him in there to be 3rd WR and work his way into the starting lineup, they brought him in to START immediately and replace James McKnight

And by the way, talk about your all-time boneheaded moves on the coaches part even though we as fans I know probably agreed with it at the time. But in retrospect you took this man who was out of football, working a STUDIO job, who hadn't even practiced for an NFL team in like what, almost a year? You sign him, and immediately pronounce him a starter, and allow him to start a game for you at WR after only 10 days of practice in the hot humid florida sun, when he played all his career in Minnesota, where its only hot during part of training camp (but it gets awefully hot during that time just ask Korey Stringer). Then we all act SURPRISED when the dude ends up in the hospital with total kidney failure? We also acted surprised when he was obviously out of sync in the Green Bay game, dropping passes he had no business dropping and fumbling the ball etc.

So lets list all the things we did wrong to James McKnight.

1. Competition feint, opened up for competition the #2 receiving spot just long enough to get JM's hopes up then closed it before he could even compete for it.

2. Put him on the INACTIVE list for 4 games.

3. When he finally got a chance to start, Buffalo, we agree to terms with Cris Carter a day or so before the game which is to be JMs big start. Act surprised when it gets announced on ESPN and all the players in the locker room hear it...go ahead

4. Supplant JM with a guy who's been out of football practice for a year, is nowhere NEAR in condition to be starting, after only 10 days of practice.

5. Then on top of it DW calls out the WR corp after the season ends. Says we need to upgrade at WR, but that Chambers still can be a good #1 WR. Gee lets see, who does that leave standing alone for DW to be talking about? Hmm...I wonder.

And after all this, we ask him to restructure his contract and take an outright pay cut in return for incentives that by all means should be easy to earn....if the coaches didn't keep double crossing McKnight at every turn.

If I were him I would have told them to shove those incentives right up their @sses....all up in the colon.

No prob Migs. But I think the word 'cojones' has become so well known heck you could probably put it in the English dictionary by now heh.

It is in my Microsoft Bookshelf. Only they clean it up some. :)

cojones (noun)

courage: gameness, pluck, spunk, cojones, guts, heart, great heart, stout heart, backbone, grit, stamina

The Original Roget's Thesaurus of English Words and Phrases (Americanized Version) is licensed from Longman Group UK Limited. Copyright © 1994 by Longman Group UK Limited. All rights reserved.

I really hope the Jags sign OG. I DO NOT wonna see him back in a Fins uni. Does he think he is that good or something? He is getting old now, and his feet aren't helping. He isn't WORTH our money..

Originally posted by finheavenfan
Edited out due to post removal :D - Wharf

:rolleyes: Someone just had to find a way to ruin this thread.

I guess because I translated cojones for balls I'm into a man's lowerbody anatomy :rolleyes:

Why was this moved? It is Dolphins related.

Back
Top Bottom