This needs to be Hickey's first big FA signing! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This needs to be Hickey's first big FA signing!

dolpns13

Taste the Burn
Club Member
Reaction score
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-to-let-branden-albert-walk-into-free-agency/

The Chiefs couldn’t work out a long-term deal with left tackle Branden Albert last year, and it doesn’t appear they’re going to try to again.
According to Danny Parkins of 610 Sports Radio in Kansas City, the Chiefs have decided to let Albert head into the free agent market.
They used the first pick in last year’s draft onEric Fisher to play him at right tackle, figuring the left was his eventual home. They’re also planning to use Donald Stephenson as their other starting tackle.
The 29-year-old Albert should have plenty of suitors in free agency, and the Chiefs likely knew he’d be difficult to sign. After finding a reasonable fill-in with Stephenson and using so much draft currency to get Fisher (and with an extension for quarterback Alex Smith on their mind), keeping the former franchise player became a luxury.

This has "let the Dolphins bid up the price before going back to the Chiefs" written all over it...

Fisher looked about as good as Jonathan Martin did in his 1st year at RT
That didn't work out too well for us switching him to LT in his second year.
Maybe KC should reconsider.

kc better be careful depending on eric fisher especially if they play it at left tackle...he's not that good...i would be more inclined to give stephenson a look there first...he's more that kind of athlete...fishers from what i see run of the mill

anyways didn't albert get a lower leg injury that looked pretty serious at the end of the year??? watching him he'd help no doubt but he's not a great move athlete anymore and he got owned by some edge guys a couple times i saw him...barely out of his stance owned...he's not worth what he's demanding but we also can't stick with status quo...

miamis in a pickle

1. Monroe
2. Collins
3. Albert

My LT list, I question Albert kinda for what hoops said and are we sure he won't just get that contract and be lazy? Pickle indeed

Didn't he have a back injury at the beginning of the season? Does anyone know how that held up?

I didn't follow KC last season so I don't know and KC letting him walk makes me a bit concerned though he would be a lot of their salary.

Question is, if we got one of the top 3 tackles, would we still target one in the first round? We would still have a glaring need on the other side.

Personally, I'd rather have Collins and not break the bank for Albert

Theres Tackles id prefer to albert

1. Monroe
2. Collins
3. Albert

My LT list, I question Albert kinda for what hoops said and are we sure he won't just get that contract and be lazy? Pickle indeed

This, times 1,000.

Question is, if we got one of the top 3 tackles, would we still target one in the first round? We would still have a glaring need on the other side.[/

I would still want to draft Martin at OG and solidly the left side and center. Even with the top LT free agent, we still have 3 other spots to fill on the line.

Back
Top Bottom