This needs to be Hickey's first big FA signing! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This needs to be Hickey's first big FA signing!

Fisher looked about as good as Jonathan Martin did in his 1st year at RT
That didn't work out too well for us switching him to LT in his second year.
Maybe KC should reconsider.

I was just thinking the same damn thing.

I would offer him the same damn thing as Long got in St Louis.

If he says no go, sign McKinney for half that.

Dont think we need to spend this kind of money on this guy,I prefer to pick up a good 1st round pick that can do the job
and save the money to help fill other needs as well. There are several guys in the draft that have graded high and should be there for us, I just dont think Alberts worth the kind of money he's going to demand

No thanks. Terrible injury history, average to below average run blocker and the injuries have sapped some of his athleticism. He's last on my list at OT, give me Collins unless Veldheer or Monroe test the market which is a long shot.

Yeah, Collins is probably the better player at this point and less expensive...

..which is exactly why we'll end up with someone like Albert.

=(

Didn't he have a back injury at the beginning of the season? Does anyone know how that held up?

I didn't follow KC last season so I don't know and KC letting him walk makes me a bit concerned though he would be a lot of their salary.

He played the entire season and was one of the best LT in the league so Im assumingit held up Ok

Brent Grimes first, and then worry about Brandon Albert. I am not truly impressed with him to tell the truth.

He played the entire season and was one of the best LT in the league so Im assumingit held up Ok

He played 12 out of 17....story of his career.

One of the best LT in the league is stretching it too, pass protecting sure but his inability to stay healthy and mediocrity as a run blocker....for reference this is where he ranks for PFF.

Pass: 11th, 7th among LT's (behind Monroe)
Run: 40th, 24th among LT's (behind Collins and Monroe)
Overall: 28th, 18th among LT's (behind Collins even though he had more snaps)

Last edited by a moderator:
Who are they? or is this just another way to knock someones opinion?

To answer for UK, I'm pretty sure he thinks there are better options out there and there certainly are in my opinion. Depends who hits the market, Veldheer and Monroe are better options but will likely not make it to the market. Collins has a very similar game, is more athletic and will come cheaper. To me he is a better option. Albert's gonna be 30!!! halfway through the season, with a history of leg and back issues. If you're gonna give him a Jake Long type contract, 4 years @ 34 mil it's too rich with those red flags. Only played 16 games 1/6 years. Poor investment. Unfortunately there isn't a ton sitting out there as far as LT's in FA go, but I'd rather address it in the draft and find a solid RT in FA.

BPA? don't mean squat if they don't use him, and it need to be a player that can step right away, if Sammy Watkins is there at 19 do they pick him? when there is no need?

Back
Top Bottom