This soft team reflects the coach | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This soft team reflects the coach

Sadly this is partially true. We’re a finesse team. On offense and sadly on defense too.

Bills always play aggressive and physical against us on both sides of the ball and we’re rally able to match their intensity!
Last year at home was the most Physical game we played against them in years and we won the game. We were soft today because Fangio plays a soft defense he is not aggressive. Leaving Koduo on Diggs with no help is one of the worst coaching displays in years.

the playcalling today has been abysmal on the offensive side of the ball. the defense doesnt look like they are actively coached week to week.

in tight spots, McDaniel still seizes up with his play calls.

as it turns out punching us in the mouth completely details our game. just like Mike Tyson said.

this team doesn't have a lot of bite at all that's for sure. it's very very soft.
4th & 1 and throwing when we were ripping off 6, 7, and 9 yard runs🤦‍♂️

We are a from running arena league team.

Can not tackle

Passing in every 3rd and 4th short

Collapse under any pressure.

Tell me how this any difference than Gase?
It's different than Gase because his offenses were bottom 10 in the NFL, they weren't good at rushing or passing. Miami is probably still the best statistical offense in rushing and passing after a bad week. So to break it down very simply for you the best offense is better than a bottom 10 offense that's how it's different. Hope that helps

Last year at home was the most Physical game we played against them in years and we won the game. We were soft today because Fangio plays a soft defense he is not aggressive. Leaving Koduo on Diggs with no help is one of the worst coaching displays in years.

It’s not only that. Even when we tackle guys it’s soft. It’s more like trying to “gently” bring the ball carrier down.

It’s does have “authority” behind like you want to destroy the other guy.

Heck he guy on offense Diggs, The TEs, seemed to be the defensive players. The caught the ball and looked to punish the defensive players.

It’s sad…you can win playing side ball like that against a team like the Bills.

Bengals beat the helm out to them in the playoffs by bullying the bully…

Yeah, offense is perfect for the most part. Anyone who thinks otherwise is unrealistic. The issue is this defense. Boyers defense was leaps and bounds. Far better than Fangio‘s.

This oline is not physical like that bro, they are a zone blocking team.
The offense looked okay to start, but they weren't explosive like last week, possibly because Eichenberg was in at Center for Williams. And, when Armstead went out, the offense went downhill fast. IOW, the o-line is still a problem.

And, Boyer's defense put more pressure on Allen than what we saw today. The problem was that Miami's defense isn't very good at tackling and Allen usually broke tackles to escape.

The problem was that Miami's defense isn't very good at tackling and Allen usually broke tackles to escape.

We did not have speed at edges. We played Lawson and Ogbah, who are slow to pursue the likes of Allen and Lamar and Fields, etc.
But now we have speed, now we have Phillips and AVG, and we can play 5 men front. But now that we have it we do not do it. We play 4 men front.

It's different than Gase because his offenses were bottom 10 in the NFL, they weren't good at rushing or passing. Miami is probably still the best statistical offense in rushing and passing after a bad week. So to break it down very simply for you the best offense is better than a bottom 10 offense that's how it's different. Hope that helps
The results are the same though. Big game on the road= getting killed.

it's a results oriented league. right now the results are trending towards more gase than not. i love mcdaniel but getting blasted on the road in a divisional game after winning, what now looks like games against complete shitty teams, is about as gase as it gets.

look if we lose against the Giants and lay another egg it will become a boiling hot topic - that's how appalling this performance was. it all looked way too familiar and you can't blame anyone for reacting

it's a results oriented league. right now the results are trending towards more gase than not. i love mcdaniel but getting blasted on the road in a divisional game after winning, what now looks like games against complete shitty teams, is about as gase as it gets.

look if we lose against the Giants and lay another egg it will become a boiling hot topic - that's how appalling this performance was. it all looked way too familiar and you can't blame anyone for reacting
Bingo people want tot throw stats yet it needs to be simplified...just another coach who failed in a big game.

I'm no Gase fan, but he didn't have half the offensive personel as McD does.

Sadly this is partially true. We’re a finesse team. On offense and sadly on defense too.

Bills always play aggressive and physical against us on both sides of the ball and we’re rally able to match their intensity!
The Dolphins have been a finesse team for the last decade. The last time they had a physical team was when Tony Sparano was the head coach.

you guys are amazing. Bitching about the finesse stuff. Of course we are finesse. Our wideouts are fast but small like duper and clayton. Nobody cared when we were scoring and winning. We are a zone blocking scheme not power. It didn't bother anymore before that we were finesse on offense.

And if you thought fangio was going to come here and win with our talent on d quickly. I don't know what to tell you.
Fangio defense needs an elite pass rusher to be really really good. Von Miller or Mack when he was with bears.
IF it does not have that then it needs good pressure from the front four.

We don't have that and I don't know why people are suprised. I think we just overrate some of our own players.
Wilkens is good but not a pass rusher.
Phillips when playing is not elite pass rusher. He is 8-10 sack guy. He reminds me of guys who get sacks because of their motor

This defense will struggle unless we get pressure and I don't know who can get pressure. Maybe we can be more creative with blitzes when we get ramsey back.

But two things I thought going into our season.
Bills don't have pressure on them because people said their window is closed. I knew they would be really good. Was hoping we didn't have any big injuries yesterday and kept it close. I never thought we would win. But we got our ass kicked and now armstead is hurt again.

And I knew our defense was going to struggle without a good pass rush and I didn't think phillips ,chubb, wilkens would provide it on constant basis.

With that said. If we win next we we are 4-1 and will be our best record in a long time after 5 games.
We started off 3-0 in 2002 and got killed my rams in game 4
3-0 in 2013 and saints killed us

3-0 in 2018 and pats killed us.

3-0 last year and lost to bengals and lost tua.
the 4th game is always bad for us after these starts.

I saw it coming. Not sure how some of you guys missed it. But we will bounce back because we are better than most teams. We just are not better than bills, chiefs, eagles, niners, probably even ravens if it is on the road.

Back
Top Bottom