This team is not in disarray! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This team is not in disarray!

finfan54

Active Roster
Reaction score
Because Dan decided he didnt want the job? How are we any worse off than before? The media is full of crap as always. You think spielman is sitting there and worrying about Dan realizing he doesnt want the job? No way, he is just going to go ahead with his plan. If anyone thought this was a figurehead job, then doesnt it make sense to OK this move by Dan? You cant have it both ways.
Bottom line is Dan quitting is not going to put this team into a tailspin at all. I think we have coaches in place to make it happen. Dan wouldnt have been invovled with anything right now anyways. What is the big hairy canary? Ill tell ya what it is, it gives people like Rome to talk smack about something. big deal. It wont mean anything when spielman starts making moves.

finfan54,

I agree with what you said but what it does do is show instability in the organization. I believe in Rick...I think he will make some great moves this offseason. Dan never really began his job...and really "blindsided"(footnote 1) this organization...in the end it probably will work out for the best...but it shows that things in Miami are "up in the air." It "taints" this organizations credibility. For example...if you're an investor and you're looking to invest some capital into XYZ but find out that the CEO just got fired...do you do it...probably not...the company is experiencing instability...so its really not a good time to invest. Replace "Investors" with players, coaches, and exectutives,...and "XYZ" with Miami Dolphins...it shows that things are not to strong in Miami right now!!!

Go Fins!!!

Footnote 1 - DrAstroZoom article. J/K!!!

Dan's departure has little or no effect on the 2004 Dolphins other than perptuate the perception that the FO is the same as the 2 the did not bring us to the playoff the last 2 years.

Dan was supposed to be the Pres of the future, not the man of the present

Man....the following article has REALLY knocked me down a notch or two.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/7869902.htm

I'm usually very upbeat...but I have to admit that this guys negative spin has even ME down. I think I need some time to recharge my batteries on my team. The SB and then this has me emotionally drained.

FA and the draft...and some really sound management decisions can cure all this. Man..... Speilman.....if ever we needed magic, it's right about now!

Brunnel, Rivers, ANY second WR and TONS of work on the OL....and I will be a new man....:D

This team has been in disarray since the loss to the Patriots in 2002. It will continue to be in disarray until Wannstedt is fired.

Originally posted by Rick 1966
This team has been in disarray since the loss to the Patriots in 2002. It will continue to be in disarray until Wannstedt is fired.

a 10-6 team is in disarray? How so? Explain, all mighty one.....

Originally posted by finfan54
Because Dan decided he didnt want the job? How are we any worse off than before? The media is full of crap as always. You think spielman is sitting there and worrying about Dan realizing he doesnt want the job? No way, he is just going to go ahead with his plan. If anyone thought this was a figurehead job, then doesnt it make sense to OK this move by Dan? You cant have it both ways.
Bottom line is Dan quitting is not going to put this team into a tailspin at all. I think we have coaches in place to make it happen. Dan wouldnt have been invovled with anything right now anyways. What is the big hairy canary? Ill tell ya what it is, it gives people like Rome to talk smack about something. big deal. It wont mean anything when spielman starts making moves.

Right now, we are still a 10-6 team.....so no disarray. I like to know what moves we should have made to guarantee us an improvement or what we have done or not done to make us a team in disarray?

Originally posted by FFiB

As usual, you can't just ask a question, you have to throw out the sarcastic insult.
I'm surprised they still let you post here with all the insults and sarcasm you've used over time.
Why can't you just ask the question without trying to show your superiority?

For the record, my opinion is this team is not in disarray, but I do agree that until we fire Wannstedt (instead of "rewarding" two years of underachievement with an extentions!), we will never go the dance.

Originally posted by FFiB

So. Is it the fact that you disagree with me that makes you assume I am somehow a megalomaniac, or are you simply incapable of asking a question without throwing in an insult?
A 10-6 team is in disarray when they have the talent to be much better but aren't. When the game that costs them the playoffs is at home, in their home opener, against a second-year expansion team.

So. Is it the fact that you disagree with me that makes you assume I am somehow a megalomaniac, or are you simply incapable of asking a question without throwing in an insult?
A 10-6 team is in disarray when they have the talent to be much better but aren't. When the game that costs them the playoffs is at home, in their home opener, against a second-year expansion team.

Go Rick!! You da man!
:drinkers:

I supported Wanny from the start but I have to agree that Wanny must go and it was a mistake to keep him imo. I'd be very surprised if all of a sudden he is a different kind of coach that can adjust when things are not working. I'm not gonna say that we are in disarray but is not exactly smooth sailing either with our team right now. I think we need to have one of our best offseasons ever in order for us to have some confidence on this team again.

Ozzy rules!!

FFIB may of been a little sarcastic but it doesn't diminish the point. A team like the Giants going 4 -12 losing their last eight games is a team in disarray.

I actually think it can be traced back a little farther. After an impressive win over the eventual AFC Super Bowl representative Oakland Raiders, the Dolphins were sitting pretty at 9-5, with the inside track to a at least a bye, if not homefield advantage. They then went into Minnesota and lost to the 4-10 Vikings, then followed that up with the New England collapse. So, since that Raiders game, the team has been 10-8, hardly imposing. I might not use the word disarray, but when a team with this much talent misses the play-offs two years in a row, things are going wrong.

Originally posted by finfan54

Good point but it all hinges on just how we may actually "want" to define" disarray. Dysfunctional may be a better word perhaps? But just to avoid an argument, I'll say that it would mean that the Dolphins are way out on a limb that is cracking at the tree trunk. You know, in a very precarious situation but not in a taotl downfall as yet. With that said, I don't think the marino iussue [should] affect the team one bit in itself. The team itself put it's own self there, not Marino. They were aleady there b4 he even came into the picture. At this point, I am of the opinion that Marino was actually brought in to be just "that" figurehead" to boost ticket sales. I don't see for any other immediate reason since he held a title in which Wann/speil answers directly to him but had no real authority over either. But as more "facts" become available, i'm sure my thinking will change with it.

Anyway, back to the out on a limb thing. We put ourselves there, where we are. The players by obviously playing with all the intensity and desire that they should. That could be perhaps mostly the mental makeup of the players or may be Wannstedt's inability to motivate them. In either case, he is responsible more for that than anyone else SINCE he had total control of personell matters which also translates to the severe lack of talent on O. Again, Wannstedt's fault and we can't blame the lack of talent on the player's we needed to be here but Wanny didn't get. But i won't go much deeper into this right now other than some folks say it's not Wanny who missed the plays, etc. This is true but then again, it was Wanny's sole responsibilty to get those players which he failed to do.

So really, the ONLY change we have done thus far is simply swapping Wann/spiel in the personell control dept. Alot of ppl seem to think Spiel will do a better job this off season. I would expect him to also but hell, you or i could as well. It doesn't take a PHD to figure out what this team needs. So let's review how all this crap got started. Wayne hires JJ as HC. He quits after 3 yrs only to come back after Wayne agrees to let him hire and ***'t. Soooo, he brings in his good old buddy Dave, gets embarrasssed by jax the next yr and Dave gets the hC job by default. Then dave hires Spiel since he's got all the control now................so you see where this is going yet? So now, This team basically has Dave's stamp on it now, save for a few of JJs boys and after the first couple of yrs in which he did ok with JJs boys has it slding backwards with more of his own. Thus sliding farther out on that limb. now Spiel gets to make all the "no-brainer" personell decisions and we won't really get a good grip on what's going on with him likely til '06 or later even. but what will make us slip further out on that limb will be Wannstedt. Even IF Spiel gets us the ppl we need, Wannstedt will still be coaching them and he has not shown me where he can do it. I'm very tired of just simply being a good team. I'm ready for us to move up to bigger and better things which Wanny will not allow. He has shown he can not deal with the whole team aspect. As a DC he could deal with that part but not the team as a whole. I don't know what it will take for alot of ppl to realize that.

So you see, IMO, marino had nothing to do with our current situation by whichever means/way you want to describe it. It starts at the very top first and just rolls downhill from there. The snowball has been rolling along and getting bigger each year.

Back
Top Bottom