This team is not in disarray! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This team is not in disarray!

From dictionary.com:

dis·ar·ray ( P ) Pronunciation Key (ds-r)
n.
A state of disorder; confusion.

Sounds like the Fins to me. Not full fledged pandomonium, but disarray might fit the bill.
"Disorder" works, as we have replaced coaches, held onto coaches we SHOULD have fired, and Marino leaves before he starts.
"Confusion" works, as we have no idea where we are going with the QB position, we are unsure of major players like O-gun, Madison, etc, and we can't figure out why we underachieve despite being loaded with talent.
"Confusion" also works simply because every time Dave Wannstedt has been seen in public, his facial expression looks about as confused as knat trying to solve the pathagarian theorum.
So by definition, I guess it is disarray.

"Confusion" works, as we have no idea where we are going with the QB position

Are you saying "WE" (the fans) don't know where we are going with the QB position or "WE" (the organization) don't know.

If you're stating the former, very accurate....nobody (fans) knows at this point.

If you're implying the latter, you care to provide some links or proof?

I do agree with the Wanny-Confusion though ;)

I hear the word talent thrown around so much, the bottom line is that the Dolphins O is not that talented. Outside of Ricky who is a bonafide pro bowler and up and coming CChambers and the big TE, Miami has no talent. We have no WR, OL is weak, and QB (well, no need to beat a deadhorse).

I propose that the 2003 Dolphins played as best as they could and 10-6 is very good most years, just not last year because of the strength of the AFC. All we need are some changes on offense to possibly elevate the team.

Bitching about Wandstedt at this point is useless, we would have to go 8-8 next year for him to get fired.......maybe.

Originally posted by FFiB

a 10-6 team is in disarray? How so? Explain, all mighty one.....

One of only 12 teams NOT to make the playoffs in the last 2 years.

Phins are on a deep downward spiral.

That article was completley accurate.

In today's NFL, that is not THAT big of deal. C'mmon, Carolina was 1-15 two seasons ago!! You can turn your team around in no time these days.

For Gods sake, the Pats were 1-15 in 2000 and won the SB two years later, it doesn't take THAT MUCH.

I meant 5-11 in 2000; but that is much worse than 10-6.

Originally posted by Rick 1966

So. Is it the fact that you disagree with me that makes you assume I am somehow a megalomaniac, or are you simply incapable of asking a question without throwing in an insult?
A 10-6 team is in disarray when they have the talent to be much better but aren't. When the game that costs them the playoffs is at home, in their home opener, against a second-year expansion team.

take it as a compliment...or are you so insecure that you have to take it as insult? (BTW< that was a question, not a statement)

:lol:

Originally posted by A.J. Fin

As usual, you can't just ask a question, you have to throw out the sarcastic insult.
I'm surprised they still let you post here with all the insults and sarcasm you've used over time.
Why can't you just ask the question without trying to show your superiority?

For the record, my opinion is this team is not in disarray, but I do agree that until we fire Wannstedt (instead of &quot;rewarding&quot; two years of underachievement with an extentions!), we will never go the dance.

Read my response to Rick and "who are you?"

Originally posted by PatsFanTX

One of only 12 teams NOT to make the playoffs in the last 2 years.

Phins are on a deep downward spiral.

That article was completley accurate.

If we would have gone 4-12 and 5-11 the last two seasons I might agree. BUT..we went 9-7 missing the playoffs on a tiebreaker and 10-6 being the first AFC team in 16 years and first NFL team in 12 years to miss the playoffs with that record.

Call it bad luck, call it breaking down in critical moments but disarray is wrong....

what are the records of the other 12 teams over the last two years? I bet we find some teams in disarray there.

Plus, how can we talk about disarray when we just made a change in responsibility? Isn't that what fans wanted? I still hear the cries "if Rick would have been in charge"...now he is.....

And how can we talk about disarray when a person left the organization who hardly would have made an impact anyways?

And finally, how can we talk about disarray if FA hasn't even started yet?

You know PatsFanTX...this team is gonna be good again...hopefully all the pressure will be off of this team...they are picked almost every year to do well and represent the AFC...the Pats on the other hand...never get picked...lets take about disarray...5-11 in 2000...you clowns get into the playoffs the next year at 11-5...winning the division...but same record as the Fins that year...on a fluke call the Raiders lose the game...next season 9-7...same record as Miami...both out of the playoffs...what happened PatFanTX in 2002??? Agains this season...you guys won another superbowl..congrats but your team catches a lot of lucky breaks for sure...14-2 could have easily been 12-4 or even worse...but lady luck strikes again...don't tell me that you don't fear the fish...i hope NE goes into next season as the favorites...its funny how you guys still don't get much respect...Miami will be tough and ready for you clowns next season...hopefully Mare can hit some FG's for us.

If we would have gone 4-12 and 5-11 the last two seasons I might agree. BUT..we went 9-7 missing the playoffs on a tiebreaker and 10-6 being the first AFC team in 16 years and first NFL team in 12 years to miss the playoffs with that record.

Call it bad luck, call it breaking down in critical moments but disarray is wrong....

Maybe disarray is not the right word.

Right now however, the Dolphins lack the stability (from the FO to the CS and down to the players) necesssary for a championship team.

Even though I feel the Phins will be better off without Marino, the way the situation played out is nothing short of embarrassment.

Wanny & Company will never be the staff to lead you to the promised land. His blunders alone in 2002 in NE (I have never seen a worse coached NFL game in my life) cost the Phins a trip to the playoffs.

Here's my take on the Phins for next year. Your FA signings and draft selections are critical to what happens on the field. Phins need to create more depth across the board. Need to find some 3-5 round sleepers who can contribute immediately.

Fiedler is not the problem. When he plays "his" game he is very effective. It is when Wanny & Company ask him to try and do something that he does just not have the physical tools to do so.

Carolina was 1-15 two seasons ago, 11-5 in 2003
The Pats were 1-15 in 2000, 14-2 in 2003 and won the SB
The Dolphins were 11-5, then 10-6, and this year 9-7.

To me this would show a pattern of teams headed in the opposite directions. The Pats and Panthers improving and heading upwards and the Dolphins digressing and heading downwards.

This wouldn't at least give a hint of a team in disaray?

Dude, get your facts straight, 10-6 in 2003, that is better than 2002. Duh!

take it as a compliment...or are you so insecure that you have to take it as insult? (BTW&lt; that was a question, not a statement)

I do take it as a compliment. I always take it as a compliment when someone for whom I have no respect insults me.

Back
Top Bottom