This Team Is Special | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This Team Is Special

Originally posted by dolphinron
We were 7-1 about 3 or 4 years ago when we beat 6-1 Tennessee on a Monday night and everybody thought we were going all the way. We fell apart after that game and it was the same old Miami. I've learned to never expect anything being a Miami fan. I won't get my hopes up until we get a first round bye and homefield advantage for once.
but we did not have Ricky Williams :rolleyes:

Originally posted by dolphinron
We were 7-1 about 3 or 4 years ago when we beat 6-1 Tennessee on a Monday night and everybody thought we were going all the way. We fell apart after that game and it was the same old Miami. I've learned to never expect anything being a Miami fan. I won't get my hopes up until we get a first round bye and homefield advantage for once.

Negative bad! Positive good! These guys want it soooo bad. They didn't give up even at the end when even we had a hard time believing they could do it! I remain cautiously optimistic!

Or Chambers, or Norv, or Konrad....

The list goes on and on.

I can't believe Jay threw the way he did tonight with that broken thumb and damaged index finger. Unreal.

Originally posted by Muck
Also.........how about our ANNOUNCERS!?!?!?! Is there a better combo in the league than HOWARD DAVID and JIM MANDICH?? I don't think so!!!!!! David is truly a big game announcer. And Mad Dog......well, what can you say?? :D

I thought you were on crack for a minute there. I thought you were talking about the ESPN announcers. What idiots they are.
Half the time the called the players the wrong names. Called Griese ~ Fiedler and Mare ~ Anderson. And their play reviews....

Joe Theisman doing a screen pass to Ricky in the game...

" What you see here is Ricky catching the pass and turning it upfield"

That's some expert commentary! :rolleyes:

I think I'll turn down the TV announcers and listen to the radio broadcast from now on!

Originally posted by girlphan
Everything you said is so true Muck. My 11 year old son who is in his first year of tackle football was talking about this exact thing after an awesome game he played yesterday. I asked him where he got the energy to play the entire game on offense and defense and play so awesome and he said, "Mom, I just think of Zach and J.T. and all the other players on the Dolphins and I think if they can do it so can I." I let him stay up to watch tonight and I am so glad I did. Those guys just proved his point. And yours.

Thats a great story Girlphan.

And what a great mom letting her kids stay up to watch the Fins!:up:

Originally posted by Trekbiz

I think I'll turn down the TV announcers and listen to the radio broadcast from now on!

I tried to do that listening to WQAM on the west coast but it was at least 30 seconds behind the plays.

speaking of special the Pats and Jets are real special. :nesucks: :jetssuck: its tough to lose that many games in a row :lol:

I'll remain cautiously optimistic after this one. We escaped with a very lucky win. No doubt we deserved it, but sometimes the ball bounced the right way for us. Holding penalty on a FG to end the half that would have changed the makeup of the second half...that ball tipping through Al Wilson's hands just right...its football, but still. The game was just what you would expect, close, and monstrously tough. We were 7-1 two years ago and all the players thought we were going all the way in Marino's swan song. The wheels fell off though. I remember in that year us thinking we had a good running game on the way being delivered by the trio of KAJ, Cecil the Diesel, and JJ Johnson. Didn't end up happening. You can label a myriad of things that we have now that we didn't have back then, but we were a different team then...not necessarily a better one. "Typical Miami" is like two different teams. They are one way from September to November, then in December they are a different team...a tired team. I'll wait until December to pronounce us different. At least tonight we know that our team has the guts, heart, and determination to win the close ones in hostile territory...that will help in the playoffs.

Five Things I Liked Most...

1. Norv's play-calling at the end of the game...can you say AGGRESSIVE and CONFIDENT?

2. Ricky in Red. When in the redzone, he and the OL all the sudden flipped on a switch that gives them instantaneous success. Too bad he couldn't do it between the 20's.

3. Jay's toughness. Broken thumb, ligament damage in forefinger, still throwing a pass that got Olindo close enough to win it for us.

4. Olindo's toughness. Having a rough year (4 misses...twice his total from last year), he kicks a win-or-lose 53 yarder to win. He's 6 of 7 in game-winning kicks. How, Vinietieri-esque.

5. D-Fence. Can't run on us. Jamar Fletcher looking good all the sudden. Madison and Surtain both coming up with picks in the same game for the second week in a row. Derrick Rodgers blitzing (needs to be done more). Jason Taylor...what do you say about him...for all the time he spent breathing down Griese's neck he should have had like 4 sacks.

I can tell you that being allowed to stay up for Sunday and Monday Night Football games were a treat when I was a kid. There was just an excitement about it. Being up past my bedtime on a school night, watching the Phins with my parents after all that anticipation.....it was awesome.

My first memory of Monday Night was back in '85 when Lorenzo Hampton ran that long one up the middle in the first quarter (like 44 yards or something) against the Jets.

Originally posted by Muck
My first memory of Monday Night was back in '85 when Lorenzo Hampton ran that long one up the middle in the first quarter (like 44 yards or something) against the Jets.
45-3 - had to admit, but to me that is great game. I am losing years off my life on these nailbiters and getting pre-maturely gray. Ok not pre-maturely I am almost as old as Jerry Rice ;)

I have a treat for you Muck. Sitting in Saggio's watching the game. Everyone in this freaking town is a Bronco fan. All orange shirts, except for me in my Brock Marion jersey. Elam kicks that 55 yarder. The place erupts, and I'm getting teased sick. Mare hits the 53 yarder. You all seen that commercial with the one guys on the Jets bar? That was me. It was great. I thought I was going to get jumped......

Originally posted by dolphan39
45-3 - had to admit, but to me that is great game. I am losing years off my life on these nailbiters and getting pre-maturely gray. Ok not pre-maturely I am almost as old as Jerry Rice ;)
WHATYA MEAN, ALMOST!:p

Back
Top Bottom