This team is worse than any Philbin team | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This team is worse than any Philbin team

Nawledge

Scout Team
Reaction score
Joe Philbin was a lousy coach.

Adam Gases team is drastically worse, with pretty much the same players on offense. For as bad as Philbins team was at least they were competitive. At least they moved the ball. The offense looks 10 times worse and Gase is supposed to be an "offensive guru" but i havent seen it through 5 games.

The whole team look unprepared and undisciplined. EVERY phase of the game, offense , defense, special teams. Players are making stupid penalties (ex. fede), poor tackling, theyre out of position, they arent getting open consistently, not blocking, dropping passes, throwing bad passes, the list goes on and on. This cant be placed on any one player because it is EVERYONE. You can point to the fact the players arent executing and i would agree to a certain degree. Also the fact the offensive line is abysmal ruins any chance of playcalling anything down the field.

Now, i dont want this to be a Tannehill bashing thread...take that crap to one of the 30 other threads. But how is it under offensive guru quarterback whisperer has Tannehill and even the whole offense regressed...and not slight regression im talking this is way worse than under Philbin and Lazor. I dont see creative playcalling on offense. Its actually been worse than Lazors. I dont see adjustments. I dont see gameplans that are specific to the opponent. I dont see anything from any coaches on this staff that gives me confidence they are fit to be the longterm coaches or that they have the right direction for the team. Poor tackling, out of position, stupid penalties, not being in shape etc, thats ALL on the coaches. This team is consistently unprepared this season and look like a high school team out there.

Im not sold on Gase AT ALL at this point. He seems to be in way over his head. Tannehill isnt great but i still believe he isnt the biggest problem on this team. He also isnt helping it right now tho either. Of course he will get all the blame but there has to be blame placed on Adam Gase because this team looks significantly worse than any Joe Philbin team. Its pretty much the same offensive players too so you have to ask yourself why is it worse? First thing that comes to my mind is Adam Gase. Maybe he finally gets it down the road but right now his team has no identity other than being a doormat. He looks like a deer in the headlights on the sideline. He talked the talk in the offseason and preseason but he isnt walking the walk. Wheres this explosive hurry up uptempo offense? Im not saying thats the answer but wasnt that offense what was preached to us all offseason long? i havent seen it once yet thru 5 games...

This team is a disaster from top to bottom. Like i said if you wanna make it all about Tannehill take it to another thread...this one is to discuss Gase and the rest of the staffs blame for this steaming pile of **** thats considered a football team. This team is so poorly coached and they deserve lots of blame

Cam Cameron, part deux!

cam-cameron-dolphins.jpg

It's practically the same roster that dolt had. Gase isn't winning with the same bad OL and average QB at best. I've always been a Tanny fan but I said if Gase couldn't fix him then he's hopeless.

Dip**** Ross and his half measures have killed the Dolphins.

It's practically the same roster that dolt had. Gase isn't winning with the same bad OL and average QB at best. I've always been a Tanny fan but I said if Gase couldn't fix him then he's hopeless.

But the thing is, how does tannehill look worse under gase? Gase was supposed to be some qb whisperer but Tannehill looks worse. I know the line is still a mess but Tannehill looks even more stiff in the pocket than maybe he ever has. He doesnt look comfortable out there. Only so much blame can be placed on execution, preparation deserves blame too. The players look lost out there. Theyre getting gashed on the ground. Going into todays game id say at least 90% of fans knew the Titans were gonna pound it on the ground all day. Dont you gameplan to try n stop it? Make mariota throw? They had over 200 yards rushing probably and mariota had 3 touchdowns. All coaching on this team is poor at the moment and they need to reevaluate what theyre doing because what theyre doing isnt working at all.

Seriously, Gase wins on points by not protecting his QB and allowing him to sink or swim. Philbin micromanaged the QB to death, Gase we are gonna find out about Ryan in 2016. Philbin had a 10 year plan.

Maybe Tanny looks worse because the coach actually gives him more responsibility than he can handle. Philbin limited tanny thus he didn't have to process as much information on the field.

There's a difference between a **** coach like a Philbin or a Mularkey and a wildly unready coach like Gase and Cameron. Almost 10 years since we've seen the 1-15 level of play and it's back. Only to be real there is a hell of a lot more talent on this roster than that 07 one.

But the thing is, how does tannehill look worse under gase? Gase was supposed to be some qb whisperer but Tannehill looks worse. I know the line is still a mess but Tannehill looks even more stiff in the pocket than maybe he ever has. He doesnt look comfortable out there. Only so much blame can be placed on execution, preparation deserves blame too. The players look lost out there. Theyre getting gashed on the ground. Going into todays game id say at least 90% of fans knew the Titans were gonna pound it on the ground all day. Dont you gameplan to try n stop it? Make mariota throw? They had over 200 yards rushing probably and mariota had 3 touchdowns. All coaching on this team is poor at the moment and they need to reevaluate what theyre doing because what theyre doing isnt working at all.
Looks to me like the more freedom they gave Tannehill, the worse he looks. Which justifies why the last two OC's didn't let him audible.

The only issue with this arguement is we dont have any proof of whats being called by gase and whats being called by tannehill so its a pointless debate to have honestly...it could be true but theres no definitive proof to say one way or the other

The Dolphins were on a downward spiral last year that was momentarily "stopped" by putting Dan Campbell as the interim HC. That move made us win a couple more games than we should've, just based on the motivational aspect of Campbell's coaching style, but make no mistake, this team was already dreadful last year.

Now you add an inexperienced HC that doesn't get involved in anything other than the offense, an inexperienced defensive coordinator, players learning a new complicated system, and a team decimated with injuries, and you get this.

I agree that Gase has been a disappointment, and if we continue to play like this for the rest of the season I'm not sure *I* would keep him for 2017, but the fact is he inherited a horrible team that Philbin built, while Philbin inherited a decent team and completely destroyed it.

Looks to me like the more freedom they gave Tannehill, the worse he looks. Which justifies why the last two OC's didn't let him audible.

Thank god, we would of been having these same debates on 17 through the duration of his contract in 2020

The only issue with this arguement is we dont have any proof of whats being called by gase and whats being called by tannehill so its a pointless debate to have honestly...it could be true but theres no definitive proof to say one way or the other

But we have proof of Jay Cutler being improved under Gase and the vouching of Gase by Peyton Manning, while Tannehill has been a babied mess for 4 years and at his low point when he finally gets freedom.

Not saying Gase is a great head coach, but his track record certainly is worth backing over Ryan Tannehill.

Not saying he is changing to the wrong play, what's not debatable is it requires more thinking pre snap on the field.

Back
Top Bottom