This was not a bad loss | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This was not a bad loss

Yeah so I hate a lot of you. I hate what you stand for as fans. I hate that you've become some mutant form of a fan that crawls around on its knees slurping anyone for a few scraps "oh shucks we didn't lose too badly." LOSING TO THE JETS IS ALWAYS A BAD LOSS. That is in your ****ing DNA as a Dolphins fan. If you have any ****ing pride in you then you HATE losing to them.

Thank you.

There is no good loss... in the words of Vince Lombardi. “Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don’t do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”

It wasn't a loss as much as a push. Game went back up and closed Jets -3 at game time. You have to look at it that way.

All of the rookie quarterbacks were saddled with low spreads this week and so far all four have failed. I hope it's 5 for 5.

No matter what it looks like, rely on rookie quarterbacks in 50/50 games and more often than not the team winds up on the short end. They need a spot, like +8 or whatever Griffin got against the Saints.

The Dolphins are an admirably physical team, far beyond any impression from preseason or late last season. I think that's a great foundation. The shift to the 4-3 hasn't softened the run defense, as I feared, and the offensive line gets a terrific push. When Miami had the ball at the 1 yard line you knew it would be a simple touchdown. When the Jets were 1st and Goal at the 1 they might be there all day if they had to run it in.

It won't maintain at that level but right now it's beautiful to behold.

I still have no idea how the Dolphins brainstormed to roll right on 3rd and 1 during the first quarter. Incomplete. The Jets hadn't stopped a basic run and didn't appear capable of doing so. You have to seize advantage at that point. It reminded me somewhat of the Houston game, when passes appeared out of nowhere for no apparent reason.

Also, I've never been a Davone Bess fan but grudgingly I have to concede he's a weapon. This season he appears slightly faster. If Tannehill had targeted him twice as frequently today during passing situations I don't think the outcome would have been the same.

It wasn't a loss as much as a push. Game went back up and closed Jets -3 at game time. You have to look at it that way.

All of the rookie quarterbacks were saddled with low spreads this week and so far all four have failed. I hope it's 5 for 5.

No matter what it looks like, rely on rookie quarterbacks in 50/50 games and more often than not the team winds up on the short end. They need a spot, like +8 or whatever Griffin got against the Saints.

The Dolphins are an admirably physical team, far beyond any impression from preseason or late last season. I think that's a great foundation. The shift to the 4-3 hasn't softened the run defense, as I feared, and the offensive line gets a terrific push. When Miami had the ball at the 1 yard line you knew it would be a simple touchdown. When the Jets were 1st and Goal at the 1 they might be there all day if they had to run it in.

It won't maintain at that level but right now it's beautiful to behold.

I still have no idea how the Dolphins brainstormed to roll right on 3rd and 1 during the first quarter. Incomplete. The Jets hadn't stopped a basic run and didn't appear capable of doing so. You have to seize advantage at that point. It reminded me somewhat of the Houston game, when passes appeared out of nowhere for no apparent reason.

Also, I've never been a Davone Bess fan but grudgingly I have to concede he's a weapon. This season he appears slightly faster. If Tannehill had targeted him twice as frequently today during passing situations I don't think the outcome would have been the same.

Good Points. Lucky for me I got the Dolphins at +3.5 @-150

I didnt expect a pick 6 and I expected a better completion percentage then 44%.. I do not think that is too much to ask even from a rookie QB[/QUO

What you're forgetting is that he's a ROOKIE QB going up against one of the best DB tandems in the league, one of the worst receiving core's in the league. Odds are he's not going to look GREAT. I though he did an excellent job considering the talent he was up against and the telent on his side of the ball.

as opposed to what are these the same exact dolphins in '94 or how about '2000 or even 2004 your mad at the franchise and thats ok not a lot wisdom has been used in the past few decades but give THESE Dolphins the chance they deserve a different era a different team can you honestly say ther isnt a single bright spot this team?? or are you bring miserable for the sake of being miserable?

Give the team a chance? This team sucks and that was pretty obvious before the season when they decided to trot out bums for WR's and our laughable preseason. I'm not miserable now since another bad season was obviously coming, but another offseason with Jeff Ireland as our GM and I will be.

Everything is fine! We're rebuilding, what do you expect? Look at the POSITIVES from this game. Who are WE to question the front office and coaching staff? Those guys could never do anything wrong, and we're just a bunch of armchair quarterbacks

/sarcasm

:rolleyes:

I swear, some of you guys buy everything this front office/coaching staff sells you. Its like continuing to dump money into a known ponzi scheme or something. Any loss is a bad loss, especially one like this. Carp effed up, but the coaching staff didn't help. And i consider myself a Philbin supporter. This whole rebuilding thing is a myth in my opinion. Look at the Falcons and 49ers. We've been "rebuilding" for the better part of a decade while they have kept on rolling.

/rant

Back
Top Bottom