This Week's AP Poll | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This Week's AP Poll

HysterikiLL said:
WVU ahead of Louisville is some bull****. Arkansas got blown apart by USC, so if ND beats USC, they should jump Arkansas -- even though Arkansas would probably jump them in the BCS if they win the SEC.

Not to sound like a WVU homer, but the reason we're ranked higher could come down to two reasons.

1. We at #3 in the country lost to the #5 team in the country at their house. Bad, but not terrible. Louisville at #3 in the Country lost to Rutgers #15 in the country at their house. Who then decided to lose to cinci, which makes your loss to rutgers even worse.

OR

2. The voters, like I do, believe that WV is the better team. We came into a hostile environment and played our worst game since we lost to Va Tech last year. We had a numerous fumbles, muffed kicks, and a key injury to Slaton in the 3rd quarter. This was uncharacteristic of recent WV football. WV gave Louisville the game, and I believe 100% that on a neutral field if they were to play again, WV would beat them soundly.

there will always be some controversy, but a four team playoff is the best solution to this mess.

Pocoloco said:
there will always be some controversy, but a four team playoff is the best solution to this mess.

:yes: This system is awful.

UF Fin Kat said:
an 8-team playoff would be better. and a 12-team playoff would be perfect.

Can't argue with that. Their main arguement against the playoffs is "it's too many games", but most of the kids playing on the teams that would be in the playoffs are going pro anyway, and the pro season is 4 games longer anyway (not counting the playoffs) so it's not like it will be the end of the world, if anything it would better prepare them to last the whoel season their rookie years, or the first few years of their career. I think the NCAA needs to take a page out of the pro playbook and put in a playoff system (and get rid of that STUPID new clock rule they made this year, what geius thought up that one? The clock DOESN"T stop on change of posessions?!? :rolleyes2) and the pro game needs to take a page out of the college book and use their overtime system, because overtime in the NFL, is a joke, it's basically whoever wins the coin toss, when it SHOULD eb both teams get an equal try.

I hate the 'too many games' debate. We now have 1 week between BCS bowls and the Nat'l championship. Also, some teams play in championship games -- if they abolished Championship game week, and BCS week and Nat'l Championship week became playoff weeks, we'd have a 12 team playoff -- what's more, only 2 teams would play in the final, which means that in this case, the two Nat'l championship finalists would only play 1-2 more games than they normally would, and the rest of teams would only play a maximum of 1 game more (or the same amount if they were in a conference championship game anyway).

Back
Top Bottom