This whole father & son Griese situation... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This whole father & son Griese situation...

Phinz1972

Make me a sammich
Reaction score
First off, I would like to say that I am not a JF or BG supporter or JF, BG hater.

Having said that, this whole situation with people on this board and people else where in the world saying "Brain Griese is great, BG will have a great game, will lead the dolphins to victory, etc..." is all based on his father Bob Griese. Come on now, thats like saying "Dan Marino's son is the towel boy for the Dolphins, so lets put him in at QB RIGHT NOW because his father was a great QB for the dolphins, so he will also be great."

I'm all for seeing what Brain Griese can do for the Dolphins in the Chargers game and maybe a few other games, but I will not base his skills before he plays a single a regular season game as great just because his father is Bob Griese. I'll get a bunch of "Well his stats, hes ready, he can't be no worse then JF" and all that BS, but oh well, I'm sick and tired of seeing people saying that he is going to be great because of his father.

Originally posted by 1972
Having the genetics there can't hurt.

Getting into the whole genetics thing, is it possible that the QB Skills in the Griese family skips a generation?? I know BG is a *ok* qb and that he has gone to the probowl, but since then, he has been iffy. Simple way to find out everything about Brian Griese, is to wait until the game.

Maybe he just hated being in Denver. I know I would.

It will be very interesting to see how he does on MNF, and hopefully the fires wont affect things.

That was possible 1972, but if I hated being on a certain team, why would I complain when I was the starter and getting paid $$$ for something I love doing.

If you paid me $$$ to move to Denver and do my job (which I loved), I would do it, but I would still hate it 'cuz it is too damn cold there (I went there once in January and thought I was going to die).

And if I hated living there, I am sure that would reflect to a certain degree in my job performance.

Just a thought.

Originally posted by 1972
And if I hated living there, I am sure that would reflect to a certain degree in my job performance.

Just a thought.

I can't disagree with that 1972. Mentioning the whole weather thing, it could be something that BG has to get use to due to mid season in Denver being COLD but midseason in Miami is still hot.

i've been preaching the same thing phin1972! genetics has nothing to due with sports. did anyone remember when the germans had the whole "superior race" thing? they tried to breed great athletes and junk... genetics has nothing to do with sports!

people base BG on the fact that he was a 1 time pro bowler... he had the best overall offense at that time! and even last season he still had a pretty damn good team! he couldn't get it done... i'm willing to give him a chance though. sometimes QB need that change of scenery. i'll give him the same support i give fiedler. even if he plays bad i'll still give him support because he's the starting QB (i have a feeling J's out 2-3 weeks).

Re: This whole father & son Griese situation...

Originally posted by Phinz1972
First off, I would like to say that I am not a JF or BG supporter or JF, BG hater.

Having said that, this whole situation with people on this board and people else where in the world saying "Brain Griese is great, BG will have a great game, will lead the dolphins to victory, etc..." is all based on his father Bob Griese. Come on now, thats like saying "Dan Marino's son is the towel boy for the Dolphins, so lets put him in at QB RIGHT NOW because his father was a great QB for the dolphins, so he will also be great."

I'm all for seeing what Brain Griese can do for the Dolphins in the Chargers game and maybe a few other games, but I will not base his skills before he plays a single a regular season game as great just because his father is Bob Griese. I'll get a bunch of "Well his stats, hes ready, he can't be no worse then JF" and all that BS, but oh well, I'm sick and tired of seeing people saying that he is going to be great because of his father.

So tell me, when did BOB Griese's name come up in these debates???

Re: Re: This whole father & son Griese situation...

Originally posted by DeDolfan
So tell me, when did BOB Griese's name come up in these debates???

Question is, where hasn't it been come up? People talking about how his father was a great player, so he should start, the whole genetics talk. Just search for thread topics that deal with BG and I put my money on the fact that there is atleast 2people talking about Bob Griese in it.

the thing is not genetic, its enviromental.

you see, Brian grew up a Dolphin Fan, in Miami (pembroke pines actually) and this is his boyhood fantasy come true. How many NFL players get to play for their own childhood favorite team? let alone QBs?

Originally posted by i2panzer

ROFL, lol that made my day...

Glad to be of assistance.

Remember, the 7:30 show is completely different than the 9:30 show. Try the veal!

Re: Re: Re: This whole father & son Griese situation...

Originally posted by Phinz1972

Question is, where hasn't it been come up? People talking about how his father was a great player, so he should start, the whole genetics talk. Just search for thread topics that deal with BG and I put my money on the fact that there is atleast 2people talking about Bob Griese in it.

Oh geez, TWO whole ppl out of 2500+ of us ?? Did those 2 ppl mention anything about Brian's sucess being attributed to Bob?

Sorry, i stand corrected !!! :D

Back
Top Bottom