This whole father & son Griese situation... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This whole father & son Griese situation...

why does it have to be said... his lat name was the reason people wanted him in miami anyway.

"oh man bob greise's son could be the next star QB for miami, wouldn't that be a great story!"

how can you ignore his last name is griese when bob was the 2nd greatest QB (dolphins) ever.

Originally posted by i2panzer
why does it have to be said... his lat name was the reason people wanted him in miami anyway.

"oh man bob greise's son could be the next star QB for miami, wouldn't that be a great story!"

how can you ignore his last name is griese when bob was the 2nd greatest QB (dolphins) ever.

Who has ignored his last name? Has it ever occerred to you that the reason he is here is because we needed a QB and he was the best of the available ones, not that there was that many.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Maybe Griese will come in and be what Marc Bulger is to the Rams for us. He could possibly have a resurgence, for whatever reason. I do like Fiedler, but if Griese came in and did the job better then he would obviously deserve to start (not becuz of who his dad is).

Everyone, trust me, you all will be shocked with Griese in the 2nd half. I know this for a fact, well, you will be shocked if you pay attention to something of his in the 1st half, then notice that it is not fully there the 2nd half. Muck knows what I am talking about.

Brian was a Golden Boy when he was in Denver, got brought in to replace Elway, well Fielder tried to replace Marino. Well we all know that neither one of them did what everyone wanted them to do. Only difference is that Brian Griese is now in a situation where he isnt replacing a legend he is just going in to compete with someone who when playing his best is no where near as good as Brian was when he was playing his best. If you dont believe me ... look who went to the pro bowl at least once (Hence the argument when playing at their best)

Now Brian Griese is home, playing for the team where his Dad's Jersey is retired. Now you tell me this, no matter who you are, where you are, what could motivate you more than that.

Regardless if you like Jay and hate Brian or not. You have to admit that Jay hasnt been getting it done (Yes, I know you cant blame everything on Jay, you can say the line isnt playing right or the recievers arent catching the ball) BUT, the same line and the same recievers are going to be playing with Griese that Fiedler had (Well Dixon might play) so why complain about it ... give Griese his shot and hope he can do what Jay hasnt been able to do and spark this offense.

Hell, all I am hoping from him is for the opposing defence to worry enough about if he can throw the ball, so they stop putting 9 people in the box and give Ricky some room .... to .... run.

as a big jay supporter i wonder if the broken thumb has been a factor. Warron Moon never recovered and he had tons more talent.

anyway i hope Griese OWNS as our QB. but i'm not going to predict a ridiculous 300+ yards, 3 TD, 0 INT, passing day.

i hope he has 200 yards, 1 TD, and 0 INT. imo it would be great to see that considerig he's missed 6 weeks of football, and had 1 week of real reps.

i'm expecting the worse, and hoping for the best.

i've been preaching the same thing phin1972! genetics has nothing to due with sports.

Are you freeking kidding me.
Is this a joke post?

Genetics has nothing to do with sports...... :roflmao:

Genetics are not the only tool needed by a top athlete but it sure is one of the BIGGEST ingredients!
Genetics are the tools passed on to you that makes you better at what your best at than other people. Genetics has a huge role in determining levels of intelligence, strength, speed, all aspects of athleticism, succeptability and resistance to injuries, etc. The list goes on and on and on and on.

Now just because someones father was an athlete does not necessarily mean that those genes were successfully passed on but they certainly have a better shot of getting superior genes than the average kid without an upper level athlete somewhere in the family tree does.

Bottom line is that Genetics has a HUGE role in which athletes reach the big leagues and which ones end up debating sports on message boards.

I'm assuming you were kidding with that statement....
if not ........... :jawdrop:

Unreal....

If that in fact was what motivated the Dolphin organization to bring him in then they would have drafted him to begin with coming out of college. That ever pass through your thought process?

They brought him in because number one we needed a vet backup pronto. Number two they wanted someone who had the ability to grow a little and possibly win a starting job and number three Griese was the only one available that fit the above billing.

Naw, that would be too obvious.
Actually, Bob Griese secretly bought the team in the offseason, forced Wanny to bring Brian in and hired a hit man to injure Fiedlers knee. This is all the middle of a perfect plan coming together beautifully for the schemeing Griese's...... :sceptic:

as a big jay supporter i wonder if the broken thumb has been a factor. Warron Moon never recovered and he had tons more talent.

Very good point. I never really thought about that. Jay did look pretty good before that Denver game last year.

Originally posted by Phinz1972
Everyone, trust me, you all will be shocked with Griese in the 2nd half. I know this for a fact, well, you will be shocked if you pay attention to something of his in the 1st half, then notice that it is not fully there the 2nd half. Muck knows what I am talking about.

How could you possibly know anything for a fact that hasn't occured yet? Are you Miss Cleo or som'n ?? :lol:

One thin I WOULD like to know tho.....[First off, I would like to say that I am not a JF or BG supporter or JF, BG hater.].... from your very first sentence in this thread, just what are you then?? :confused:

A Fin Fan, of course!
clap-1.gif

Back
Top Bottom