This Year Feels Different | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This Year Feels Different

phin1984!

Active Roster
Reaction score
I’m actually very excited for this season.

A new head coach who appears to be saying all the right things and comes across as a natural leader.

We might just have the core players to suit his defence and as it happens masks some of the deficiencies I.e. edge rushers. The more exciting positions to watch is Linebackers and Secondary, no reason to doubt McCain at FS until proven he can’t play. I’m sure Flores knows what he’s doing.

We also might have some pieces on offence like a versatile set of receives, pass catching RB’s. The OL is a worry but extra help from Allen and Cox if he can be trusted if not O’Leary will be useful. Which also helps our young QB, who prefers passing well had a better stat line from those types of formation.

We also want to use a system which has created system QB’s. All we need is a system QB, who is very good not necessarily elite along with a more balanced team.

Rosen feels like he’s a rookie to me. If we had drafted him 10th last year, he had a nightmare season and we put a dreadful team around more people would have more patience and be excited.

With all the swings we’ve made by law of averages some will hit. It’s just a matter of who.

We now have 4 former 1st round picks in the front 7. Maybe 1 of them wasn’t used right?

We are gonna get at least a few back ups from 1 of the many UDFA’s which would still be a win.

Preston Williams alone is exciting to see. The biggest buzz of the off season is from an UDFA. He’s done well in camp and spoken of giggles by teammates. First hurdle done let’s see the next.

Every year is different. Every year has new storylines. But unless this team finds a way into the playoffs and wins a game there, it'll be just like any other year in the last two decades.

As with any season, especially one with few expectations, I’m looking for growth from 1-2 year players; few penalties/clean football; no career ending injuries from the few blue chip players we have; ability to convert at an equal to or higher percentage rate than most of the league in short yardage situations; getting off the field on defense on third downs at an equal to or higher percentage rate than most of the league; red zone production on both sides; quality opening drives on both sides; fourth quarter production on both sides; an ability to finish close games; and a winning record in the latter half of the season. Accomplishing half of these goals, especially finishing the season strong, will be ideal.

This year does feel different because we likely will be among the worst teams in the league. I’ve never entered a season with those expectations or lack thereof.
However, I’m intrigued by the rebuild so I will be following closely.

Looks really same old same old to me TBH...
Really???

I don't think you are paying attention if you don't see a difference between Flores, and the likes of Gase, Cameron, Queesy Joe, etc.

You can certainly make a case that this team is likely not going to have a great year as far as wins, but at least there seems to be a viable plan, with a workable organizational structure.

I'm mostly happy that we don't have to get weird looks from Adam GaZe during his press conferences.

Really???

I don't think you are paying attention if you don't see a difference between Flores, and the likes of Gase, Cameron, Queesy Joe, etc.

You can certainly make a case that this team is likely not going to have a great year as far as wins, but at least there seems to be a viable plan, with a workable organizational structure.
I hear you and I agree. But we've been saying that about most of our past HC's when they first arrived here. Flores seems to be the REAL deal, but I thought Gase was as well.

At some point just based on how we've had so much bad luck recently things are due to change.

I hear this every year. Not this time Miami. I’m not going to get sucked in with the hype this year from fans and some reporters. I’m going in this season game by game objectively and not knee jerk.

I hear you and I agree. But we've been saying that about most of our past HC's when they first arrived here. Flores seems to be the REAL deal, but I thought Gase was as well.

At some point just based on how we've had so much bad luck recently things are due to change.
I can certainly understand your skepticism. The last two decades has been one debacle after another.

I'm in agreement with OP. Flores hasn't said anything that we haven't heard before but... It feels different. It comes across to me like he believes in himself way more than Gase, Pailbin and Cameron...

Time will tell... but there is fresh blood and fresh potential... even if there is as much potential to kick me in the nuts I'm still going to be optimistic and positive.

Back
Top Bottom