THIS. | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

THIS.

This isn’t the flex you think it is. You’re basically hanging your hat on “The only reason Miami made the playoffs is because they played the Patriots twice.”
That's not what I said. If you quote something, you better make sure you can back it up.

The fact is, if you look at all AFC teams' schedules in 2023, we played the teams with the worst combined records. Did we make the playoffs because of that? I don't know. You don't either. We'll never find out.

Having said this, we made the playoffs with 2 games ahead of the 8th place team. So yes, chances are pretty good we don't make the playoffs if we play two more quality opponents.

That's not what I said. If you quote something, you better make sure you can back it up.

The fact is, if you look at all AFC teams' schedules in 2023, we played the teams with the worst combined records. Did we make the playoffs because of that? I don't know. You don't either. We'll never find out.

Having said this, we made the playoffs with 2 games ahead of the 8th place team. So yes, chances are pretty good we don't make the playoffs if we play two more quality opponents.
I have a feeling we will be playing you guys in October earlier in the season.

I’m not certain what you think I didn’t back up.

You were literally using the end of season metrics to make your “easiest schedule in decades” argument.

The Pats skewed that pretty considerably, and you actually seem to agree with my point in your last sentence here.

Not sure why you think the Patriots skewed anything here. We played 8 games against the six worst teams in the AFC and against 3 of the 4 worst teams in the NFC. That's 11 games out of 17 against the bottom dwellers of the league. Our record against these sub .500 teams: 10-1. Our record against good teams: 1-5, with the only win against the Cowboys who themselves had a very easy schedule.

You will not change my mind, I won't change yours. That's ok. For me, the 2023 Miami Dolphins weren't a good football team. And it showed when they played good teams.

Play them the 1st half of the season or the 2nd half. - LOL

Back
Top Bottom