Thisclose.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thisclose....

BringBackShula said:
You know what..I'm usually the 1st one to say.."Bro, just shut it up! We sucked and that's all!" BUT...this is actually not a bad post AT ALL! How'd you come up with those stats?? I hope you didn't sit there and add it all up. Either way..It's a good point. It's true. How many games did we lose this year by a touchdown or less? -And of those same games...How many times did we either cough up the lead, or just fail to get the winning score in the last minute or so?? A bunch of very close games right to the end. WE're not nearly as far away from being our usual dominant selves as Everyone in the WORLD seems to think. It's just Us against the World!!

Thanks... I guess...:lol:

KB21 said:
Being outscored 95 to 34 in the third quarter shows how badly we were outcoached at half time.
That was what I was thinking. I beleive the picks for TDs have a lot to do with coaching as well.

Point being... even with all the negatives... we were not as far away as 4-12 would indicate....

If Saban puts a bigger, faster, tougher more versitile D on the field in 2005 and the offense is functional at the beginning we could actually be very competative.... and who know's with a few breaks we could win more than we lose....

TooDrkPark said:
poor OL coaching that is...:shakeno:
OMG U got that right. I have a play from last year burned into my brain. It was a goal line play and AJ was supposed to roll out to his left (great idea #1). The entire play was based on Seth pulling past the RG, RT & TE to block Rodney Harrison. :shakeno: Needless to say AJ got blindsided. :yell: That is a STUPID play in any situation let alone goal line. Asking Seth to pull that far to block a DB? :shakeno: :shakeno: Perhaps they should have asked him to grow wings as well, water into wine anyone??

KB21 said:
Being outscored 95 to 34 in the third quarter shows how badly we were outcoached at half time.

Lets see Bill, we're ahead now....and when we blitz them, they run around grabbing at air.....

Whadya say we blitz them in the second half?

thedayafter said:
I know 4-12 is ugly... but the following stats may hold a ray of light...

We were outscored 354 to 275 but take a closer look and I think you'll see even with all our difficulties there is reason to be optimistic for 2005.
  • Outscored 354 to 275
  • Opponents rushed for 12 TD's to our 10.
  • Opponents passed for 20 TD's to our 19.
  • Opponents kicked 20 FG's to our 19.
  • 1st QYR points 79/79
  • 2nd QTR Points 59/88
  • 3rd Qtr points 34/95
  • 4th Qtr points 103/92
  • TOP 28.20/31.40
  • Opponents had 10 TD's off INT's/FB we had 2 TD's.
Our opponents only scored 3 TD's and 1 FG more than we did the entire season on offense.

We lost games due to 2 main reasons.
  1. 8 INT's returned for TD's
  2. Outscored 95 to 34 in the third QTR.
I know each season and game stands on it's own and the above are just numbers.... but still... look at those numbers and imagine with a few tweaks here and there we could be very competitive in 2005....

Man Im impressed with your dedication to this mighty organization. Truly if I were a member of the dolphisn staff Id bring you in. Great work. Im going to copy / paste it and take to another forum and claim it as my own. j/k...well not really.

BringBackShula said:
You know what..I'm usually the 1st one to say.."Bro, just shut it up! We sucked and that's all!" BUT...this is actually not a bad post AT ALL! How'd you come up with those stats?? I hope you didn't sit there and add it all up. Either way..It's a good point. It's true. How many games did we lose this year by a touchdown or less? -And of those same games...How many times did we either cough up the lead, or just fail to get the winning score in the last minute or so?? A bunch of very close games right to the end. WE're not nearly as far away from being our usual dominant selves as Everyone in the WORLD seems to think. It's just Us against the World!!

A positive post from bbs... :eek:

XXXSURTAINXXX said:
Man Im impressed with your dedication to this mighty organization. Truly if I were a member of the dolphisn staff Id bring you in. Great work. Im going to copy / paste it and take to another forum and claim it as my own. j/k...well not really.

It's all good... the stats come right off the Dolphins page... it's how you put them together that counts...Have fun with it.... and let me know how it works out....

i'am just a little scared about the early part of the season.with a new off,and defense, feeley will have to be ontop of his game.we will see how football smart he is.i know we will be more physical,and if we can get by early on , we can start getting stronger toward the end of the season,insted of folding like a lawn chair.with wade in the middle we will average 325 across the line.late in the year this will realy help us.i look for very close games early on in the season.go fish

Back
Top Bottom