Thomas Morestead | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thomas Morestead

Safety wasn't his fault. Saw the replay last night. Sheffield started the play in the right spot but at the snap immediately shuffled 2,3 steps back.
Not saying it was, but that is what is getting talked about today, I am just saying that he deserves some credit for how he is playing, and specifically for that punt kick off after the safety

Not saying it was, but that is what is getting talked about today, I am just saying that he deserves some credit for how he is playing, and specifically for that punt kick off after the safety
I agree. As it turned out, the safety was a blessing due to the fantastic punt and coverage on the free kick.

I agree. As it turned out, the safety was a blessing due to the fantastic punt and coverage on the free kick.
We won but safety was not a blessing. There's a huge difference to the Bills having to get in the end zone to take a lead or just needing a field goal to go ahead. You can much more easily defend the end zone because it makes a short field than you can defend your own 35 or 40 yard line because you also have to make sure the full area behind it is covered too.

We won but safety was not a blessing. There's a huge difference to the Bills having to get in the end zone to take a lead or just needing a field goal to go ahead. You can much more easily defend the end zone because it makes a short field than you can defend your own 35 or 40 yard line because you also have to make sure the full area behind it is covered too.
We need a better plan if we get the ball at our own one yard line with little time remaining.

I said "as it turned out". Bills probably get the ball near our 40 after a rushed punt. So when you do the math, they needed 40 yards for a TD and about 40 for the fg from the 22.

I said "as it turned out". Bills probably get the ball near our 40 after a rushed punt. So when you do the math, they needed 40 yards for a TD and about 40 for the fg from the 22.
Yeah but those last few yards to get the TD aren't really comparable to those last few needed to get in FG range.

Back
Top Bottom