thompson or mcknight | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

thompson or mcknight

8434alltheway

fishfaninwisconsin
Reaction score
Who do u guys think should be the dolphins number 2 receiver this year? thompson or mcknight..... i personally think thompson.....i thought he looked pretty good last year and from what im hearing from u guys about mini camp he sounds like a good pick up

Originally posted by 8434alltheway
Who do u guys think should be the dolphins number 2 receiver this year? thompson or mcknight..... i personally think thompson.....i thought he looked pretty good last year and from what im hearing from u guys about mini camp he sounds like a good pick up

Hehe good question, at this point I'd have to say McKnight only because I think he had a very good 2nd half last year. But if Thompson plays like we all hope he can, he very well may push for that #2 spot.

Oliver...

This was a question me and my friend were talking about 5 minutes ago. From the MINI CAMPS....I love Thompsons ability to catch and his awarenss. But I also love McKnight because he lit up second half of last year. I am split 50/50. I think Thompson may pull out the upset on this one though.

Right now, it's McKnight. But I'll come back to ya when the pads go on..

You have to remember McKnight has 2 years in the offense, and 2 years with Jay. It will be a tough competion in camp, but should bring the best out of both of them. I wouldn't be surprised to see James start at the start of the season, but as Thompson settles in he may see more playing time. Lets just hope all 3 stay healthy our WRs haven't had good luck with that.

Chambers and McKnight on the outside and mix up Chambers and Thompson in the slot role in 3 WR sets (with each getting the time outside) Enough speed with Chambers and McKnight on the outside to let Thompson and either Konrad/McMicheal/Williams to have room underneath.

I'm not sure who should start but I am positive that Derrius has more upside.

I think McKnight will start the season but by midseason Thompson will be the starter. Either b/c of injury to McKnight or inconsistency.

I hope McKnight can play consistently at the level he is capabile of so that his speed will be on the field full time. If he is not consistent enough, it will be Thompson.

I think McKnight has the most ability to be the field stretcher like Alvin Harper in the Dallas offense.

I think it's too early to tell. Thompson doesn't know the playbook and we haven't see him with pads on.

Right now McKnight as the edge over him because he's been here 2 years.

Originally posted by VanDolPhan
Chambers and McKnight on the outside and mix up Chambers and Thompson in the slot role in 3 WR sets (with each getting the time outside) Enough speed with Chambers and McKnight on the outside to let Thompson and either Konrad/McMicheal/Williams to have room underneath.

Exactly

Either way it is a win/win situation. Mcknight played well on the outside, doesn't do well in the slot. But he is a diff maker in that he has a chance of making a big play every time he touches it. Thompson is a faster Gadsden which is tremendous, cause the only kncks on Gadsden was a lack of speed and durability. 3 god receivers, hopefully Tolver can do it w/ pads, Baker, Simmons. Dam I like our Wr situation this year. Plus I love the attitude Chambers is bringing in this year.

McKnight will most likely start the season as the #2 reciever, and hopefully will do that job well enough to keep it all year. That being said, I love Thompsons upside, and I think he'll see almost as much playing time as McKnight by the middle of the season. I can certainly see him becoming a favorite target for Fiedler especially in the end zone.

Back
Top Bottom