Thompson Wants to Redeem Himself | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thompson Wants to Redeem Himself

Muck

Now completely imaginary
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
He wants to come back, but realizes it's not up to him.

"It was definitely a struggle," said Thompson, who had 26 catches for 359 yards with no touchdowns in 12 starts. "I feel like I let [offensive coordinator] Norv [Turner] and some of the offensive coaches down."

LINKY

He can go reedem himself somehwere else....He wasnt any good to begin with.....By the way, wasnt he whinning after the first couple of games???

i say let him go and go after issac bruce or maybe dennis northcutt he can run punts as well. we could get either one of those players for his salary.

Originally posted by Muck
He wants to come back, but realizes it's not up to him.

LINKY

He's right. Not only did he let the coaches down, he let the fans down. He's a backup WR pretending to be a starter. Just because he wants to be a quality starter doesnt man he is one.

If he'd like to redeem himself, I hope to see restructure his contract to the vet minimum. The guy was a big zero for us this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Predaphin34
He can go reedem himself somehwere else....He wasnt any good to begin with.....By the way, wasnt he whinning after the first couple of games???

i think he was bitching out himself... saying he wasn't catching passes, because of something he was doing.

i have NO problem with DT trying to reedem himself in miami... for less $, and the 3rd WR spot...

Kind of depends. He'll have to take a cut. I was really excited to get the guy, a young WR opposite chambers. But to be honest McKnight did better than Thompson when he played. That said, Thompson seems to be a competitor. If he really wants to get better, I'm ok with bringing him back, as long as we have OG and Mcknight in the mix.

Originally posted by Graythreat
Kind of depends. He'll have to take a cut. I was really excited to get the guy, a young WR opposite chambers. But to be honest McKnight did better than Thompson when he played. That said, Thompson seems to be a competitor. If he really wants to get better, I'm ok with bringing him back, as long as we have OG and Mcknight in the mix.

OG and Mcknight in the mix? McKnight isn't that good.. he's actually not that good at all, and as for gadsden, i don't think there is any room on the roster for him.

Chambers
2004 FA/Draft pick/Trade
Tompson/Tolver

kinda hard for OG to find room.

Hes a for sure restructure guy!!!...We really cant dump him because of the hit on the cap in dead money!!....NO ONE will trade for him!!!.....We restructure his deal!!...See what he does this year and either dump him if he sucks or maybe resign him if he does well!!!

I'm glad he wants to redeem himself. I think he's just a very slow starter. That being said, the best he can hope for is to be the 3rd wr depending on who is on the roster next year.

Sure would have been a whole lot better if this need for redemption would have hit him about hlfway through the season....right now, it reeks of trying to save his a$$.........IMO.

I have no problem with this, other than he needs to redo his contract. He is going to have to prove he is a #2 WR b4 he should get paid like one.

Oliver...

If he wants to redeem himself, I reccommend the traditional Japanese method. Robert Ford can be his second.

he was awful this year - I still cannot believe Tolver was not better than him. He did nothing than any other NFL WR could not do. He was the biggest disappointment on the team bar none. Cut him unless he wants to go to camp and fight for a roster spot for the vet. min. DT just made too many mistakes

Back
Top Bottom