Thoughts on acquiring Dwayne Bowe? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thoughts on acquiring Dwayne Bowe?

OK, found it:

You'd rather have D. Thomas, J. Graham, and A. Edds than Wilfork, Boldin, and Bowe.

Justify that.

My comment was tongue-in-cheek because it's unrealistic. It'd be better than a dream come true.

OK, found it:

You'd rather have D. Thomas, J. Graham, and A. Edds than Wilfork, Boldin, and Bowe.

Justify that.

My comment was tongue-in-cheek because it's unrealistic. It'd be better than a dream come true.
Again, sure would. Wilfork, Boldin and Bowe is never going to happen. Besides, Bowe is nothing special, Boldin is on the decline, and Wilfork is a UFA so can't be traded in the 1st place.

And yes, I noticed the tongue in cheek, but judging by a lot of your other posts, trading away high draft picks seems to be a trend.

ok it might not happen but the question was which one do you want. if you dont pick wilfork, boldin and bowe you just don't know football
A 3rd for an aging, injury prone WR on the decline? Laughable at best. A 2nd for a UFA in Wilfork? Not even possible which makes that proposal a joke. And should he get franchised, to think that the Patriots/Dolphins would trade within the division is nonsensical. A 4th for Bowe? Of course I'd do it, who wouldn't? However the chances of that happening are 0%. Enough with the unrealistic trade proposals and wanting to give away high picks to injury prone players on the decline. It's ridiculous.

i dont mind giving up a 2nd for bowe.dont forget we have wasted 2d roud picks the last 3 years on qb's anyhow.at least we r getting tht playmaker we need

i just dont see the dolphins giving up any draft picks for anyone these days.this is a new ownership n new leadership .

ok it might not happen but the question was which one do you want. if you dont pick wilfork, boldin and bowe you just don't know football

Here is the problem with your trade scenario. If we were to trade for Players like Wilfork, Boldin, & Bowe. What would they all have in common? They would all want to be paid. Wilfork will want to be one of the higher if not highest paid NT in the game. Boldin will want a contract somewhere between 8-10 Million a year. Bowe will also want an extension in the 7-9 Million a year range. The draft brings us players at a way cheaper cost than the higher priced free agents. Trading away picks all the time is why the Redskins struggle because a team only has so much money to throw around and they throw it around foolishly. Yeah we may not always hit homeruns in the draft I agree. But if either of those 3 get hurt and we pay them a lot of money it will set us back for years not having young players to come in for them. I agree I would love to have Wilfork, Boldin and maybe Bowe(drops too many passes). But reality is this, it won't happen. We can not afford to give up High Draft picks & sign them to big deals. Giving Free Agents big money is one thing but when you give up draft picks with it you then are having to go sign more free agents which will cost you more money.

As for Trading for Bowe, I would much rather give up a 3rd for Boldin than a 3rd for Bowe. Boldin has better hands, run after catch ability, and is a better blocker. Bowe has more size but also has already been suspended for Steroids. Next time he gets in trouble it will be a 1 year suspension. No thanks to Bowe unless it is a 5th Round pick or lower. And we don't have a 5th round pick to give I know! Bowe is lazy as well and takes his opportunity to play WR in the NFL way too lightly. Just my honest opinion!

A 3rd for an aging, injury prone WR on the decline? Laughable at best. A 2nd for a UFA in Wilfork? Not even possible which makes that proposal a joke. And should he get franchised, to think that the Patriots/Dolphins would trade within the division is nonsensical. A 4th for Bowe? Of course I'd do it, who wouldn't? However the chances of that happening are 0%. Enough with the unrealistic trade proposals and wanting to give away high picks to injury prone players on the decline. It's ridiculous.

You can't say that. How did the Patsies acquire Wes Welker? That was a trade between the two teams, so it is possible. Highly unlikely but it is possible.

OK, found it:

Justify that.

You are only looking at 1 draft.

Remember that Zach Thomas was a 5th Round pick. Tom Brady a 7th. Marques Colston a 7th. Just to name a few. Sometimes you miss and sometimes you hit a homerun!

Back
Top Bottom