Thoughts on acquiring Dwayne Bowe? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thoughts on acquiring Dwayne Bowe?

Third round pick MAX...anything more is a rip off for a player who is one drug test from being suspended for a year from football.

Wasn't Bowe suspended for 4 games for a drug violation this past season? Is he one strike away from being shelved for an entire season or more?

In Aug 07, he did sign a 5-year contract so that's good, unless he tries to renegotiate instead of thanking his lucky stars he gets to play back home in front of friends and family. Speaking of that, I read that he comes from a drug abusive parental background as well having exhibited some other anti-social issues early on before he discovered sports. So I'm also wondering what the likelihood of recidivism is if plunked back into his old environment, especially now with South Beach money.

I dunno, I guess for the right price despite his suspension, dropsies and attitude issues, he's worth the risk, but still, what bothers me most is how close he may be to a league-imposed seasonal suspension .

You are only looking at 1 draft.

Remember that Zach Thomas was a 5th Round pick. Tom Brady a 7th. Marques Colston a 7th. Just to name a few. Sometimes you miss and sometimes you hit a homerun!

I was criticizing HIS mock draft - especially in connection to the picks he's not willing to give up for players like Boldin, Bowe, and Wilfork.

i dont mind giving up a 2nd for bowe.dont forget we have wasted 2d roud picks the last 3 years on qb's anyhow.at least we r getting tht playmaker we need

Not a big fan of Chad Henne? I admit Beck was a waste and White looks that way at this point but he might come around and contribute at another position. Never the less, I would rather them draft QB's in the second and miss on 2 out of 3 of them than to keep trading picks for other teams garbage QB's like the previous couple of adminitrations.

As far as the topic at hand. Bowe would be very interesting on this team. A 2nd seems fair to me. Perhaps they would take a defered compensation offer of Next years 2nd and a 5th. :ponder:

Really guys the days of swindling GM's are over... Maybe you could still pull off some head scratchers with the Raiders and that is because of a certifiably insane owner... but let's face it... Talent COSTS...

Look no further than our own Joey Porter disaster... Re-tread? Hell ya... But he still has some miles on those tires and in the right system with a strong locker room he could still do some damage... If he had somehow managed to keep his freakin' mouth shut and not aired dirty laundry on the national news... There was a chance we could have received something for him...

As it is... He goes nationwide says he hates Miami and the people he works for are JackA**es... Why in the world would any GM step up and assume his contract, give up an asset for a cancer boy? Exactly... The GM's are not idiots anymore...

They know that the Phins would release him and they could even have a shot at picking him up CHEAPER in a re-sign scenario without losing ANY assets...

Maybe the last great ROCK AND ROLL SWINDLE... was Moss for a 4th... But that was similar to the JP scenario as Moss wanted out and his value was at an all time low... The difference being is that Moss is still playing at a high level.

Wasn't Bowe suspended for 4 games for a drug violation this past season? Is he one strike away from being shelved for an entire season or more?

In Aug 07, he did sign a 5-year contract so that's good, unless he tries to renegotiate instead of thanking his lucky stars he gets to play back home in front of friends and family. Speaking of that, I read that he comes from a drug abusive parental background as well having exhibited some other anti-social issues early on before he discovered sports. So I'm also wondering what the likelihood of recidivism is if plunked back into his old environment, especially now with South Beach money.

I dunno, I guess for the right price despite his suspension, dropsies and attitude issues, he's worth the risk, but still, what bothers me most is how close he may be to a league-imposed seasonal suspension .

This is where I think he could wind up being had for a moderately cheap price tag.

He's already in Haley and Pioli's doghouse. He's one step off from a yearlong suspension. Do the Chiefs unload him for the sake of getting rid of a guy they don't want anyhow?

uummm........unless I missed it has anyone thought of the fact that Pioli is the son-in-law of the man in the front office of the Miami organization.

What makes you think Bowe isn't in BP's doghouse based on association to Pioli.

I remember before the draft someone from the Dolphins asked him about if Miami picked him. Bowe said he would be ecstatic and he loves Miami.It sounded like he was a Dolphins fan and wanted to be drafted by his team. Is he a good fit here i dont know.
Would he be a upgrade ????

GO DOLPHINS.....................#1
FOREVER

4th + 6th for Bowe, 3rd for Boldin, and 2nd for Wilfork. Sign Dansby and Rolle.

Use the 1st on E. Griffin or C. Spiller.

Obviously tongue-in-cheek, but it sounds kind of nice.
Yea that does sound nice but i would go with Brandon Graham with the first pick to be our SOLB if that is how our team looked next year we would go deep in the playoffs. Oh yea BTW if that were to happen we would have any money to sign any of our draft picks we would have to be trading them away for money

Bowe drops a lot of passes and hasn't been That productive, the majority of people here would hate him after a few weeks in a Phins uniform.

Bowe drops a lot of passes and hasn't been That productive, the majority of people here would hate him after a few weeks in a Phins uniform.

And yet he's still an upgrade to what we already have. I would compare him to Braylon Edwards. He has a lot of big play potential. He also drops a lot of big plays.

I'd package Jasen Allen and maybe Ted Ginn for Bowe.

Both of the above are wearing out their welcome in Miami.

And yet he's still an upgrade to what we already have. I would compare him to Braylon Edwards. He has a lot of big play potential. He also drops a lot of big plays.

I don't dispute that he's an upgrade, what I was saying though was that the Fans here wouldn't be happy with him if he plays like he has the last 3 years. A lot of Jets fans aren't happy with Braylon Edwards either by the way...

My thoughts are, this train left the station last year. Conditions were perfect to pull the tripper and we didnt. Never happen

I don't dispute that he's an upgrade, what I was saying though was that the Fans here wouldn't be happy with him if he plays like he has the last 3 years. A lot of Jets fans aren't happy with Braylon Edwards either by the way...

Agreed... A perfect case in point is Ronnie Brown. I'm amazed and somewhat disgusted every time I see some dumb-*** "fan" mention that we should trade him or simply let him walk. You just can't please some people. :rolleyes2:

Edit: YAY! 500 POSTS!!!!

Back
Top Bottom