Three 7th Round Picks | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Three 7th Round Picks

WestCoast13

Practice Squad
Reaction score
[mod] Draft threads belong in the draft forum. [/mod]

Will three 7th's make an impact? These players will probably end up on the practice squad, Nfl Europe, or be cheap depth on our roster. Can anybody name some players that are starters/stars that were drafted in the late rounds or undrafted. I know Rod Smith of the Broncos wen't undrafted but he is the only example i can think of.

WestCoast13 said:
Will three 7th's make an impact? These players will probably end up on the practice squad, Nfl Europe, or be cheap depth on our roster. Can anybody name some players that are starters/stars that were drafted in the late rounds or undrafted. I know Rod Smith of the Broncos wen't undrafted but he is the only example i can think of.

your assessment of 7th rounders is pretty acurate, but I will say this: in that round, you have a good chance of picking players that come with a lot of talent and potential, yet have too much off the field issues or other baggage to select earlier... I guess that is what dropped Vickerson to the seventh for us last year, and all indications are if he gets his act together, he has monster potential...

Coaches like Saban & Belichick can find players in late rounds that can start their rookie season or at least make a contribution.

WestCoast13 said:
TJ Houshmandzadeh was a 7th round pick by the Bengals in 2001.

tons of good players fall to the 7th, you just have to pick wisely because most of them are not going to be as good as the players selected earlier but there are some gems later on in the draft

Tim Rattay, Mike Green, Renaldo Hill, Rick DeMulling, Marlon McCree, Kevin Shaffer, David Givens, Rock Cartwright, Kyle Kosier, David Terrell, Nate Wayne, Pat Tillman. They are the only decent ones over the past 10 yeras. No real probowlers but a bunch of decent players

Chances are, out of our three 7ths, two will be out of the NFL by their 3rd year. One may be a solid back-up/contributer. Dont expect anything from them though, because theres a good chance none of them will amount to anything

Derrick Pope and Kevin Vickerson are both 7th rounders that will be solid contributors to this team. Pope already has played well for us.

We could use a couple of them to move up, but you can certainly find good players with 7th round picks.

vadolfan said:
Derrick Pope and Kevin Vickerson are both 7th rounders that will be solid contributors to this team. Pope already has played well for us.

We could use a couple of them to move up, but you can certainly find good players with 7th round picks.

Derrick Pope Especially. He could be one hell of a starter in the future.

Back
Top Bottom