Throw Bulger back into the mix... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Throw Bulger back into the mix...

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
Rams deciding on Bulger's worth
The Rams face an interesting decision involving restricted free agent Marc Bulger. They have to decide whether to franchise him at the first-round tender or the first- and third-round tenders. They appear to be leaning on going with the first-round option, which could be dangerous. The Dolphins might be willing to offer a first-round pick for the right quarterback. They did it a couple of years ago to try to acquire Matt Hasselbeck from the Packers. They may do the same to try to pry Patrick Ramsey out of Washington. At a first- and third-round tender, Bulger might be a little too pricey for teams to make quick offers during the restricted free agency period.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/clayton/qhits.html

not that I know how we can afford to make Bulger an offer the Rams cannot match; and the Rams will not be trading Bulger IMO, but that is what Clayton said :rolleyes:

If he was cut or a Fa then I would say ok. But giving a pick for him is out of the question.
I would rather have.
Henson
Rivers
Ramsey
Brunell (fat chance)
all of which would not cost more than one pick in the first. Good luck Bulger.

yeah Bulger sucks - all he did was win the MVP of the PB :rolleyes2

im not saying he sucks, but that mvp of the pro bowl means absolutely nothing i mean the cornerbacks dont stand a chance since they cant even play up on the line.

Originally posted by dreadlockera
If he was cut or a Fa then I would say ok. But giving a pick for him is out of the question.

All of which would not cost more than one pick in the first. Good luck Bulger.

Don't tell me.. His numbers are comperable to Fiedlers.... He's not much of an upgrade, right?? :rolleyes:

And they have the best lines possible, and don't have to worry about a blitz from LBerz. Pro Bowl QB's are just playin Catch. They have no worries..

If so, then why don't all QBS throw 4 TDs like Bulger did? Manning had a good game but he also threw it a ton of times.

I would MUCH rather have Patrick Ramsey.

yep, dolphins99fan and i are driving the bandwagon, although i wouldnt mind henson or rivers... just think ramsey gives us a shot next year and in the future, and think henson/rivers would be solely for the future.

Originally posted by Dolphins17-0
yep, dolphins99fan and i are driving the bandwagon, although i wouldnt mind henson or rivers... just think ramsey gives us a shot next year and in the future, and think henson/rivers would be solely for the future.

Words well said bro.

Also :offtopic: about to go confirm the trade... My comp pissed out yesterday and dumped me off..

:topic: thats cool, it's up in the trade forum, if you still want to confirm you can go over anytime to that link i sent you in PM

Bulger's availability is good for a number of reasons:

1) It gives Miami more options
2) The more QBs on the market the lower the asking price becomes (simple economics - it's supply vs demand). Miami will be throwing Griese out there on February 27th for that very reason.
3) Bulger grew up in the Pittsburgh area...and those Steelers are looking for a QB - you do the math! (one less team drafting Rivers on draft day?)

Bulger is the man. If we're going to waste any picks on anyone, it should be him. Sure he had more weapons in St. Louis, but he has more playing experience the all those listed except Brunell.

2nd choice - Ramsey
3rd – Brunell

If we had a legit shot at Bulger, I think we should take him. THis is the guy that broke Dans records in HS. But Ramsey is a great option too.

Back
Top Bottom