Throwback Thursday: The Unblockable Jason Taylor: The Greatest Defensive End Of All Time! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Throwback Thursday: The Unblockable Jason Taylor: The Greatest Defensive End Of All Time!

Wow, I saw his whole career and he was a great player for us but the "greatest DE ever"? Come on man

You must be a young Miami fan and you sure aren't going to make any friends with the long timers.... like myself.

He's definitely the best we've ever had, that's for sure. A Miami legend. The best part of that video is seeing the days when we played games against good teams and caused them problems. Having leads in football games.....oh the good ol days :cheers:

??? Are you seriously responding to my post? Would a young fan even know who Betters was?

Wow, I saw his whole career and he was a great player for us but the "greatest DE ever"? Come on man

Can you name 1 or 2 defensive ends better than him? Maybe you dont agree that he is the best ever but he is easily top 5 and is 100% the best coverage defensive end to ever play the game.

Can you name 1 or 2 defensive ends better than him? Maybe you dont agree that he is the best ever but he is easily top 5 and is 100% the best coverage defensive end to ever play the game.
I say Reggie White, Bruce Smith, JJ Watt, Michael Strahan. Off the top of my head. May even throw Jared Allen in there. Not saying Taylor wasn't great. But there's been better.

Reggie White, Bruce Smith, Deacon Jones, Carl Eller, maybe LC Greenwood(all 70's team) that's just off the top of my head. Nobody's saying Taylor wasn't a great player but I'm pretty sure even HE would tell you that he wasn't the greatest ever.

I say Reggie White, Bruce Smith, JJ Watt, Michael Strahan. Off the top of my head. May even throw Jared Allen in there. Not saying Taylor wasn't great. But there's been better.

You literally posted everyone who comes up from a google search of "best defensive ends of all time."

You know how I know you have no idea what you are talking about? Because you said ****ing Jared Allen. Those guys may have more sacks than JT but they arent better defensive ends.

Strahan was not better than JT... JJ Watt? I cant even believe you said that. Hold on let get some stats ready.

Reggie White, Bruce Smith, Deacon Jones, Carl Eller, maybe LC Greenwood(all 70's team) that's just off the top of my head. Nobody's saying Taylor wasn't a great player but I'm pretty sure even HE would tell you that he wasn't the greatest ever.

I am pretty sure if you ask Tom Brady, Marino, or Joe Montana who the best QB of all time is they wouldnt say "me" like a retard

You literally posted everyone who comes up from a google search of "best defensive ends of all time."

You know how I know you have no idea what you are talking about? Because you said ****ing Jared Allen. Those guys may have more sacks than JT but they arent better defensive ends.

Strahan was not better than JT... JJ Watt? I cant even believe you said that. Hold on let get some stats ready.
I just posted a list by Gil Brant who should know better than both of us.

You dont need to post where you got your opinion from. Maybe post some stats as proof.
if you open that link it'll show you some of the stuff each of those player did but just in case, he has Taylor ranked 13. Of course that's just his opinion and it's ok that you have yours.

Bitter little thing ain't cha. Didn't mean to belittle your mancrush. I was respectful. You wanted to get shitty. You're irrelevant. Bye.

Bitter little thing ain't cha. Didn't mean to belittle your mancrush. I was respectful. You wanted to get ****ty. You're irrelevant. Bye.

Not bitter, just dont like people who speak as if they know things but are obviously just talking out of their ass. I would rather be irrelevant than stupid and wrong. Bye.

G Comb Total Ast Sck SFTY PDef Int TDs Yds Avg Lng FF (Forced fumbles) Fumble Recoveries
Jason Taylor Stats
233 578 400 178 139.5 3 68 8 3 110 -- 51 47 (4th all time) 29 (#1 all time)
Reggie White -
232 198 0 3 0 2
(Jason Taylor had more forced fumbles in 2006 than Reggie White had his whole career.)

Deacon Jones -
191 2 2
(Jason Taylor also had more forced fumbles in 2006 than Deacon Jones in his entire career)

Mike Strahan -
216 429 332 97 141.5 1 15 4 2 124 -- 56 24
(Jason Taylor had

JJ Watt -
101 442 347 95 88.5 1 51 1 1 80 -- 80 20

I cant believe some of you people. You guys dont know greatness when you see it. Maybe these stats but will show you what I mean. He didnt get the most sacks but he is top 4 in forced fumbles from all positions. #1 in fumble recoveries. #1 in TD's scored by a defensive end, and #7 all time sacks, and caused more safeties than everyone I just mentioned. I didnt even put Jared ALlen because that notion is laughable. I would like to put the stats aligned correctly but they get realigned format once I post it.

I am not saying that you guys need to think he is the best DE of all time, I am just saying that he is easily up there, and if someone said he was the GOAT they wouldnt be too far off.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom