Thursday Night Football: Browns Vs Jets | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thursday Night Football: Browns Vs Jets

It's hindsight at this point but I predicted the browns to win on the basic fact that Jets looked like a mediocre team losing to another mediocre team (us). Meanwhile the Browns played 2 playoff contenders to the end and the kicker is a big reason why they have that record now. They looked far better than the Jets did vs us. My only doubt was their inexperienced kicker and the fact Tyrod can't drive up the field worth a damn. He's terrible. But I don't think it's a stretch to say I'd easily take the browns over the jets if they both had the same QB. Jets aren't "bad" but they're close to it at a general NFL standard and they are nowhere near good.

Enjoy this video of Elpresador (Browns fan) during half time

El Presador is a national treasure.

Darnold needs more weapons. That point was painfully obvious. In the first half it was wide zone and wr screens out the nose while they took advantage of Cleveland’s dbs inability to figure out who had inside and who had outside.

In the 2nd half it looked like there was limitations with what they could call both with the qb and the skill guys. But that teams running around with a number 3 skill set wr in enunwa and a #4 when you consider his overall game in Robbie Anderson. And that’s it. It’s just not enough.

Baker starts the game with a sack forced fumble. Then he on a 2 point conversion gets bailed out by offsetting on another sack forced fumble. Throws a red zone ball right to the shoulder of the safety that should have been picked. Is learning what 4.8 speed means at this level sideways. There was a lazy come back route ball he had no business throwing. There was no separation.

But on the positive side he throws a very nice ball has a very strong arm and is accurate. Shoulder placement could be better but that comes in time.

On the throw to the 1 that balls left inside but Jarvis did what Jarvis does made a hell of a play despite the defenders arm being between his.

There was a nice outside vertical throw to Calloway that was dropped and some nice balls in the middle of the field. Best throw for my money was the dime in the middle of the field either to njoku or Landry where he threw it right by the lbs hands.

I doubt he got a lot of first team reps this week although if they were smart they were splitting them all along in game prep cause it was only a matter of time before baker would play.

I didn’t see a lot of rpo I expected more frankly. His pocket coverage reads look a little more advanced than I would have expected coming out of that college system.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed. This was the best possible situation for Mayfield to come into. He did look pretty freakin good though.

I disagree, I think it was an extremely difficult situation to come into: in the 2-minute drill down by 14 as a favorite, and against what has been a very good defense so far to boot. The only favorable circumstance was he was at home. But if he had failed to bring the team back, no one would have thought anything of it.

It's hindsight at this point but I predicted the browns to win on the basic fact that Jets looked like a mediocre team losing to another mediocre team (us). Meanwhile the Browns played 2 playoff contenders to the end and the kicker is a big reason why they have that record now. They looked far better than the Jets did vs us. My only doubt was their inexperienced kicker and the fact Tyrod can't drive up the field worth a damn. He's terrible. But I don't think it's a stretch to say I'd easily take the browns over the jets if they both had the same QB. Jets aren't "bad" but they're close to it at a general NFL standard and they are nowhere near good.

Enjoy this video of Elpresador (Browns fan) during half time

He's not wrong, either

I agree. I think that keeping him on the sideline for the first 2 games made him hungry. Taylor won’t be getting his job back unless Mayfield gets hurt. I really wish we could have gotten Mayfield.
That was the player I was hoping for myself.

I disagree, I think it was an extremely difficult situation to come into: in the 2-minute drill down by 14 as a favorite, and against what has been a very good defense so far to boot. The only favorable circumstance was he was at home. But if he had failed to bring the team back, no one would have thought anything of it.

That's all I meant to be honest.

If I'm the Jets ownership this game is more evidence to me that Todd Bowles is a bad game day coach.

One thing I've noticed watching the Bowles Jets, they just don't handle game day adversity well. When things go sideways, they have a tendency to implode and crater and there's never any way out.

Jets fan here. I agree with your assessment of Bowles 100%. The only thing I'll say in his defense specifically for this game, (and you might say it's an excuse) is that we had no film on Baker and couldn't prepare for the possibility of Baker Mayfield coming in as a sub.

Back
Top Bottom