Thursday Night Football: Browns Vs Jets | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thursday Night Football: Browns Vs Jets

Bahaha god bless baker mayfield.

Bless em....

Jets gonna Jet.

Posted earlier, but I'll post it just one more time.
1pwagemrrcn11.png

I would wait more than one game or a little over 2 quarters of good play to anoint someone the next great QB. But that's just me. Yeah ANUFan is right people were drooling over Darnold after one game only to have those expectations come back down to earth. Let's at least wait till the end of this season to see how both these QBs do.

And to add a little extra awesome to it, Tyrod Taylor is going to the bench.... Probably forever.

I would wait more than one game or a little over 2 quarters of good play to anoint someone the next great QB. But that's just me. Yeah ANUFan is right people were drooling over Darnold after one game only to have those expectations come back down to earth. Let's at least wait till the end of this season to see how both these QBs do.

Agreed. This was the best possible situation for Mayfield to come into. He did look pretty freakin good though.

I don't know how Darnold played week 1, but he was total garbage today. The Jets only scored 17 on the strength of the running game and bubble screens. Mayfield, on the other hand, looked amazing. In two quarters he did more than Darnold and Tyrod did in six. Easily the most impressive rookie QB this year so far.

Btw, I saw a funny headline after Week 2 calling Darnold the Samchise. Made me lol. And he certainly looked the part today.

Agreed. This was the best possible situation for Mayfield to come into. He did look pretty freakin good though.
Yeah in front of his home crowd vs a team in the Jets that ended up self destructing on offense. How many times have we seen backup QBs enter a game sparking an offense because other players also step up . Mayfield looked good but it wouldn't be the first time a young player looks good early on only to end up fading later. We will see how this plays out. Now everyone will get to hear about Baker Mayfield for an entire week at the least while Sam Darnold fades out of the spotlight just a little. If the Raiders lose to the Dolphins this week we will see how Baker and the Browns handle playing an angry team coached by an insane Chucky in the black hole next week.

I already said this offseason it all smells like Sanchez all over again.
USC, relative short QB college career, Jets trade up to get him. It smelled like Sanchez.

The drooling was misplaced and it was mostly because of the final score. Darnold really didn’t have to do much. The defense won that game.
He padded his stats in the 2nd half against our Phins.
Mayfield brought his team back and the difference between he and Taylor was evident. He was confident and accurate throwing against a pretty good Jets secondary and was elusive against fairly consistent pressure.

Back
Top Bottom