Thursday Night Football: Browns Vs Jets | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thursday Night Football: Browns Vs Jets

Darnold is trash. He is an INT machine just like he was in college. Jets fans are legit concerned!

I think Darnold is going to be good but he is absolutely reckless with the football.

I gotta be honest, I'm really enjoying this tonight. This is awesome. Jets AND Bills fans have already had their dreams for 2018 crushed and it's not even the third Sunday of the season yet.

I already said this offseason it all smells like Sanchez all over again.
USC, relative short QB college career, Jets trade up to get him. It smelled like Sanchez.

Yeah he does a good job moving around and buying time while trying to find someone downfield. However as we have see in these last two games he is prone to making crucial mistakes.

If I'm the Jets ownership this game is more evidence to me that Todd Bowles is a bad game day coach.

One thing I've noticed watching the Bowles Jets, they just don't handle game day adversity well. When things go sideways, they have a tendency to implode and crater and there's never any way out.

Jets aren't bad, folks. I'm still in shock that everyone this week predicted a Cleveland win.

Don't know what they were watching or what they smoked while watching it, but New York is the better team.

It's hindsight at this point but I predicted the browns to win on the basic fact that Jets looked like a mediocre team losing to another mediocre team (us). Meanwhile the Browns played 2 playoff contenders to the end and the kicker is a big reason why they have that record now. They looked far better than the Jets did vs us. My only doubt was their inexperienced kicker and the fact Tyrod can't drive up the field worth a damn. He's terrible. But I don't think it's a stretch to say I'd easily take the browns over the jets if they both had the same QB. Jets aren't "bad" but they're close to it at a general NFL standard and they are nowhere near good.

Enjoy this video of Elpresador (Browns fan) during half time

Mayfield was outstanding. Hard to fault Darnold too much for either of the interceptions.

Worth noting that Darnold is significantly younger than Mayfield, but you see why Mayfield was much more ready and should have been the day-1 starter. Instincts, vision, and accuracy are the most important QB traits. Both have excellent instincts, but Mayfield's are better. Mayfield has much better vision and accuracy, but Darnold is good in these areas as well - just not in the rarefied air of Mayfield. Mayfield also has the stronger arm - clearly.

If I'm the Jets ownership this game is more evidence to me that Todd Bowles is a bad game day coach.

One thing I've noticed watching the Bowles Jets, they just don't handle game day adversity well. When things go sideways, they have a tendency to implode and crater and there's never any way out.

Which is odd bc a lot of people came out and said Bowles is an excellent coach. On what grounds I have zero idea.

Mayfield was outstanding. Hard to fault Darnold too much for either of the interceptions.

Worth noting that Darnold is significantly younger than Mayfield, but you see why Mayfield was much more ready and should have been the day-1 starter. Instincts, vision, and accuracy are the most important QB traits. Both have excellent instincts, but Mayfield's are better. Mayfield has much better vision and accuracy, but Darnold is good in these areas as well - just not in the rarefied air of Mayfield. Mayfield also has the stronger arm - clearly.

In reality the Browns were two missed (relatively easy) field goals away from being 2-0 even with Taylor. Mayfield was pacing the sideline chomping at the bit to get out there last night with his giant chip on his shoulder, maybe they were the perfect circumstances to get him out there for his first action. It will be interesting to see how he and the team does knowing he's the guy with 10 days to prepare.

I know one thing though: he's going to be a gamer and this won't be their only win this season.

Also, a lot of people mocked the Browns for selecting Ward at 4. They might get the last laugh on that one as well.

Also, a lot of people mocked the Browns for selecting Ward at 4. They might get the last laugh on that one as well.

I definitely was very critical of that move. Ward is playing well tho can't deny that.

Speaking after Thursday's win over the Jets, Browns coach Hue Jackson said he would have to "watch the tape" before naming his Week 4 starter.

Watch the tape? Were your eyes closed during the game? If Hue doesn't have Baker start next week he should be fired immediately. The only team in the league Tuhrod could start for is the Bills & they didn't want him.

I'll take 3/4 of a Mayfield over Darnold all day long. Darnold is going to be a int gift giving machine the rest of the season. Can he shake that over his rookie season? I'm not sold.

In reality the Browns were two missed (relatively easy) field goals away from being 2-0 even with Taylor. Mayfield was pacing the sideline chomping at the bit to get out there last night with his giant chip on his shoulder, maybe they were the perfect circumstances to get him out there for his first action. It will be interesting to see how he and the team does knowing he's the guy with 10 days to prepare.

I know one thing though: he's going to be a gamer and this won't be their only win this season.

I agree. I think that keeping him on the sideline for the first 2 games made him hungry. Taylor won’t be getting his job back unless Mayfield gets hurt. I really wish we could have gotten Mayfield.

I'll take 3/4 of a Mayfield over Darnold all day long. Darnold is going to be a int gift giving machine the rest of the season. Can he shake that over his rookie season? I'm not sold.

He is chasing that INT record lol

But, look at how many picks Manning throw his rookie season.

Back
Top Bottom