Thursday's Camp Report - 5/20/04 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thursday's Camp Report - 5/20/04

Great report. I was hoping to hear Boston was making plays.

Thanks for the report and video footage DUDE!!! I loved the toss from Feeley to Chambers! Anybody else notice how Feeley hits Chambers in stride as opposed to Fiedler....... Where the receiver has to stop (or turn around), make the catch and then gun it!! I'm sure this was brought up before and if it was.... TS!! I'm bringing it up again!

Ok, I don't know if it's my eyes or what but in the videos section on this latest QB school doest jay over throw #83 simmons??? It says he completed it, were ya in a hurry DUDE :D

inFINSible said:
Also, I don't think you have to worry about Feeley's swagger. He aint no wallflower. It may be a bit of unfamiliarity that's causing him to hold back but, the guy is confident and ****y come game time. No worries there.
:infins:
Good to hear. I really knew nothing about AJ when we got him, and I'm learning as I go...

PlowHorse34 said:
what is the reason for not mentioning Boston? Was he there?
I'm pretty sure he was out there, but there was no mention of him in my notes, so he must have had a very quiet practice...

bigmiamifan said:
I thought Feeley scored a TD on Wednesday, or is the excitement here only because Dude didn't see it?
I didn't know Feeley threw a TD Wed (I wasn't there). Was it in a 2 min drill? Those drills they keep down and distance on and the D seems to give a stronger effort then in other reps. If he scored a TD in a 2 min drill, that's great news!

34RWilliams said:
Ok, I don't know if it's my eyes or what but in the videos section on this latest QB school doest jay over throw #83 simmons??? It says he completed it, were ya in a hurry DUDE :D
Good catch RW! It was a horrible overthrow on a drill with no D. I did all that when I got back last night from the Marlin's game so I was kinda tired... I corrected the discription... thanks!

Is funny how people trying to convince themselve that A.J Feeley will win the starting job and making excuses for his performance.I'm beginning to think Feely is not even upgrade over Sage.I don't want to be negative but the Spielman should have pull the trigger on Brunnell.How is Feeley worth a second round over Mark Brunnell?Don't bring up AGE difference because QB is a position that gets better with age!People who hate Jay and think he should be gone?Don't lie to yourself by saying A.J will show he is better Jay because it just isn't true.I may be wrong and hopefully I am by the end of training camp but I just don't see A.J being anything more than a backup.

For those who think that having better arm makes him an automatic upgrade;You have no clue.

minus said:
Don't lie to yourself by saying A.J will show he is better Jay because it just isn't true.I may be wrong and hopefully I am by the end of training camp but I just don't see A.J being anything more than a backup.

For those who think that having better arm makes him an automatic upgrade;You have no clue.
minus, how many games have you seen AJ play?

I'm sorry but, in this case, I think you're coming off way too strong, I've seen the cat play TODAY, and I can tell you right now that he's better than Jay.

You'll see.

inFINSible said:
minus, how many games have you seen AJ play?

I'm sorry but, in this case, I think you're coming off way too strong, I've seen the cat play TODAY, and I can tell you right now that he's better than Jay.

You'll see.

I been to a couple of Mini Camps and Watch him play in '02.He is better than Jay in what way?He made a throw that made you think he can play?I'm sorry but I'm not even convince from what I've seen from him that he is a better prospect than Sage(yes he is a prospect! not immediate upgrade at QB position and might never be anything more than backup!).If your going by physical talent alone which is only 50% of what you need in order to be successdul in the NFL than Sage should be the starter by far.

99.9% sure Jay will win the Competition which isn't much of a competition so far.Any one here can justify pulling the trigger on Feeley over Brunell?If you tell me the Dolphins are better off with Feeley rather than Brunnell than give me some whatever your smoking.

No one!

I'm not angry that they send a 2nd round pick because at least A.J can do an ok job as a backup this year and push Jay to be a better QB but I'm angry at the Dolphins brass who passed up an opportunity to really upgrade the QB position with Mark Brunnell.

minus said:
I been to a couple of Mini Camps and Watch him play in '02.He is better than Jay in what way?He made a throw that made you think he can play?I'm sorry but I'm not even convince from what I've seen from him that he is a better prospect than Sage(yes he is a prospect! not immediate upgrade at QB position and might never be anything more than backup!).If your going by physical talent alone which is only 50% of what you need in order to be successdul in the NFL than Sage should be the starter by far.

99.9% sure Jay will win the Competition which isn't much of a competition so far.Any one here can justify pulling the trigger on Feeley over Brunell?

No one!

I'm not angry that they send a 2nd round pick because at least A.J can do an ok job as a backup but I'm angry that Dolphins brass passed up an opportunity to really upgrade the QB position with Mark Brunnell.

Jay may win the compettiton coing out of camp which isn't a bad thing considering that if Jay had stayed healthy either of the last two seasons we most likely would have made the playoffs but, feeley WILL take over one day. No doubt in my mind.

Listen, this is the first time that I have made these types of statements but, I have game tapes of all his games and from watching them it's OBVIOUS that he is just as smart as Jay, is more accurate than Jay (when he has time he is dead on, with every throw), has a stronger arm than Jay, and is equally as poised and tough as Jay....

You don't have to believe me, I know what I'm seeing.

You'll see it too, one day.

Back
Top Bottom