Timbo vs. Suh | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Timbo vs. Suh

Don't forget we also had Brock Marion at safety. Always liked Bowens but come on man.....Suh might be going to the HOF while Bowens made ONE pro bowl. Let's not get confused here

Ozzy rules!!

I think it's a fair comparison and question. Suh is the better player but it's not as if Bowens wasn't in his league. Anyone remember what Timbo did to the Jets center in the Fake Spike game. Look it up - 3 plays in a row he drives that guy back into Boomer off the snap and causes fumbles each time. Somehow the Jets recover them all and punt out of a 4th and 40 or something. Of course, Miami fumbles the punt and the Jets recover. LOL.

Point is, Bowens could wreak havoc in the backfield too.

Don't underestimate how amazing wake is, Taylor was a better all around pass rusher(had more moves) and more versatile player but Wake is probably the best pure pass rusher of all time. I don't know how this doesn't come up as a complaint by coaches every game, Wake has been held on literally every other play since he has been in the league, and the league allows it because they don't want a CFL product to show them up. If he didn't get held so much he would have 30 sacks a year, without a doubt.

Suh is an amazing, generational player, but he's being wasted on this team, never gonna get use out of his talents on a passive defense. He's only going to shine on an aggressive defense, then you would see how truly game changing he can be when not being held down by idiot coaches.

Don't underestimate how amazing wake is, Taylor was a better all around pass rusher(had more moves) and more versatile player but Wake is probably the best pure pass rusher of all time. I don't know how this doesn't come up as a complaint by coaches every game, Wake has been held on literally every other play since he has been in the league, and the league allows it because they don't want a CFL product to show them up. If he didn't get held so much he would have 30 sacks a year, without a doubt.

Suh is an amazing, generational player, but he's being wasted on this team, never gonna get use out of his talents on a passive defense. He's only going to shine on an aggressive defense, then you would see how truly game changing he can be when not being held down by idiot coaches.

You have some eccentric ideas. It has to be said. Are you young?

Bowens was country strong, but Suh is other-worldly strong.

A defense with Suh, Taylor, Thomas, Madison and Surtain would look pretty good.
I was going to say a D-line with Suh and Bowens would be impossible to run on. Bowens took up two blockers regularly and still got push on the O-line and he freed everyone else up to do their jobs. Zach, Gardener, Taylor, Ogunleye...all of them owe a lot of their success to Bowens. Bowens also never freelanced and never complained about not being a center piece.

Love me some Suh, Gardner, and Timbo. Ahhh, the memories.

And yes, miss,miss,miss ZT.

Completely different defenses. Bowens and Gardner kept blockers off of Zach, Suh and company's job is to get penetration. Zach would never be Zach in this scheme.

The worst apart of those years was that QB's figured out to step up away from Taylor and Armstrong because Bowens and Gardener never got past the LOS.

You have some eccentric ideas. It has to be said. Are you young?

I do but it's because I think for myself. Not really young, 35, but the wake thing isn't that eccentric. Watch every game film on him, he literally gets held every other play on average, its crazy.

Last edited:
Don't forget we also had Brock Marion at safety. Always liked Bowens but come on man.....Suh might be going to the HOF while Bowens made ONE pro bowl. Let's not get confused here

Ozzy rules!!

I was going to say don't forget Brock Marion but you beat me to it, hell even that mentioned line up with Sammy Knight in the mix.. even when we got him towards the end of his playing days, that guy still brought it.

The better comparison would actually be with Daryl Gardener, who had more of Suh's mix of strength and quickness than Bowens. Daryl Gardener was probably headed toward being the best defensive tackle in the league if not for his chronic lower back problems. He was a true planet theory player.

he was more of a run stiffer. too bad Daryl gardener got hurt. they were a great duo

T-Bo and Darryl Gardner were the best DT tandem we ever had. "More of run stuffer" was true during the latter part of his career, but don't forget when he was NFL Defensive ROY He could rush when needed, but they needed him to keep lineman off Zach Thomas, which was imperative because Zach was ineffective when linemen got their hands on him.

Back
Top Bottom