Time To Undo The Mistake! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Time To Undo The Mistake!

DrH238

It Is What It Is
Reaction score
Need to try to get Dan Campbell back in Miami. I imagine he probably would not want to but it would be crazy to pass up him on again. It was a huge mistake letting him go to begin with. This man had this team fired up and ready to play in just the few games he was running things. I would love to see him as permanent HC with time to build his own team and atmosphere. Plus, now he has even more coaching experience. Lets do this.

Last edited:
Well, I think we could do worse than Dan Campbell, but here's the key thing: He would need to present a strong plan for how he wants to build the team and who he wants for coordinators / what style he wants on both sides of the ball. That wpould be critical.

I think Dan did some good things as interim HC while saddled with Philbin's Cincinnati bums, so I'd be curious to see how he would assemble his own staff.

You mean the dude that helped this team go 5-7 when he got a shot as an interim coach?

I guess Oklahoma drills being a prerequisite for being on the team excites some Miami fans.

Hard pass.

I’m all aboard that train - the two best games we played in the last 20 years-ish where after he took over, made the guys hit each other in practice, reminded them “why” they play the game (it’s fun and they love it), and the results showed up in the way of two utter and complete curb stomps of the Titans and Texans. Wake w 7 sacks and 4 FFs in those two games alone. Reshad w a pick 6 in both games. Tannehill looked like Dan Marino. Lamar Miller looked like Barry Sanders. The O-line that included Dallas Thomas looked like our 70’s SB line. Landry and Matthews looked like Wardield and Clayton and Duper. 41-0 at half time against a team we had never beaten? 6 TDs in the half. We didn’t even do that w Marino here. Yeah yeah it didn’t last once teams got the updated game film but boy was it fun seeing the guys have fun. We slugged out wins w Baltimore, Philly and NE (cost them Home Field) too. What a motivator. Love that guy. Loved his pressers too.

You mean the dude that helped this team go 5-7 when he got a shot as an interim coach?

I guess Oklahoma drills being a prerequisite for being on the team excites some Miami fans.

Hard pass.
You are entitled to feel that way. Keep in mind the team was utterly listless when Philbin was canned. He inherited a mess and did respectable w it. We beat some good teams. And we did not get pushed around on the LOS after that. Let the guy build HIS team.

You are entitled to feel that way. Keep in mind the team was utterly listless when Philbin was canned. He inherited a mess and did respectable w it. We beat some good teams. And we did not get pushed around on the LOS after that. Let the guy build HIS team.

Not to mention Lazor was sabotaging him because he wasn’t named hc. I think they also fired the Dc too (I may be wrong).

Dan Campbell kind of reminds me of Bill Cowher in a way, but I’m not going overboard. I want this process to be the last one in a long time, turn over every stone look for the absolute best coach, because I’m sick of always getting the short end of the stick.

Last edited:
Reactions: BSQ
Not to mention Lazor was sabotaging him because he wasn’t named hc. I think they also fired the Dc too (I may be wrong).

Kevin Coyle was fired immediately by Campbell and replaced with Lou Anarumo. Anarumo did a respectable job considering the situation when he took over. Anarumo left the Dolphins because he couldn't get along with Gase.

Lazor was fired a few weeks in by Campbell and IIRC replaced with Zac Taylor. Taylor then went to the University of Cincinnati, was lousy, and got fired. He then went to be an assistant under Sean McVay and is somehow a head coaching candidate.

The NFL is kind of a joke sometimes.

I liked Campbell and feel he was not given a fair shot. If you look past the record(which is hard for a lot of people to do on this board) he had us going in the right direction. The players liked playing for him and he was old school, which is exactly what this team needs.

He would be considered on my short list but only after:

1) John Harbaugh
2) Todd Monken
3) Vic Fangio
4) Bruce Arians
5) Mike Munchak

Well, I think we could do worse than Dan Campbell, but here's the key thing: He would need to present a strong plan for how he wants to build the team and who he wants for coordinators / what style he wants on both sides of the ball. That would be critical.

I think Dan did some good things as interim HC while saddled with Philbin's Cincinnati bums, so I'd be curious to see how he would assemble his own staff.

I totally agree. Dan's success would be the direct product of his coordinators. Dan is a manager and motivator. He's not an X's and O's savant like the enigmatic Adam Gase.

I'm sure Dan has learned more about X's and O's in his time away, but his strength is managing and motivating. He NEEDS strong coordinators.

I totally agree. Dan's success would be the direct product of his coordinators. Dan is a manager and motivator. He's not an X's and O's savant like the enigmatic Adam Gase.

I'm sure Dan has learned more about X's and O's in his time away, but his strength is managing and motivating. He NEEDS strong coordinators.
And I’d be ok w this!

Back
Top Bottom