Times running out: Odds of trading #2 overall pick? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Times running out: Odds of trading #2 overall pick?

iDolFan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Whats up guys....

I just wanted to know from the draft guru's or anyone else ,the odds of trading our 1st rounder,since time is running out, and the draft is only hours away?

Thanks!:cooldude:

Dude, we've only just begun to hear about trading. When we are on the clock, that's when a trade has the best possibility to go down.

yeah I dont expect to here the details of any trade until after the 49'ers pick tommorow. then you will hear all kind of deals

msg said:
yeah I dont expect to here the details of any trade until after the 49'ers pick tommorow. then you will hear all kind of deals

yeah, most "pick for pick" trades happen during the actual draft, usually picks aren't traded beforehand unless a player is involved.

if we trade, you won't hear about it until after the 9ers pick. Remember last night Surtain was unlikely to get traded. It all depends on San Fran.

As long as san fran doesn't pick edwards there are going to be people looking to trade with us. If they don't pick smith we may have even more.

Saban is playing this whole thing beautifully.

He is making every team think he is interested in every player to enhance our trading odds. I am impressed so far with his savvy. Even in the to be a HUGE improvement over Dave "give 'em all away" Wannstedt.

I hope the Jets hire him as their next head coach...

I still expect #2 to be dealt. ID say its 75-25 that we trade the pick. 75% being the probability that we deal the pick

I'll stick to what I posted yesterday, when someone estimated the trade down from #2 and the Surtain trade were each 25/75 underdogs: The Surtain trade was almost a given because it made cap sense and had been rumored for so long, without Miami denying it. The deadline was April 23 and resolution on April 22. Completely logical. On the other hand, the trade down depends on equal value that is mathematically determined by those charts. If Saban sticks firm to that chart or relatively close, a trade is extremely unlikely to happen. The players are blanketed in ability and no one is going to ignore that and donate in our direction. We either make the chart gurus cry with far less than equal compensation, or we stick to #2. I'll project the latter scenario.

I think Saban is making the other coaches sweat...I think we very well could pick Braylon Edwards and then trade him to the Vikes for their first pick and some additional "compensation." That's my take on what we will do.

if we are going to make a deal with MINN.

I think we well probably have to take the 7th overrall ,2nd, and next year 2nd or 1st

2nd pick f. 7th and 2nd ,2nd 06

not this deal does not equal the draft chart but ,it still a great deal :cooldude:
:cool:

xXxpHiN34 said:
Whats up guys....

I just wanted to know from the draft guru's or anyone else ,the odds of trading our 1st rounder,since time is running out, and the draft is only hours away?

Thanks!:cooldude:

I dont expect a trade until the first pick is made. Teams may not want to trade up unless their guy is on the board. I think TB will want to move up if Smith is on the board. I think Washington, Philly, SD, and MN will want to move up is Edwards is on the board.

Back
Top Bottom