***Titans vs Patriots game thread | Page 45 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Titans vs Patriots game thread

The OC wasn't expecting him to do much, evidently. How can you, "hand off, hand off, hand off, hand off, etc etc" and expecting a QB to get in a flow. No roll-outs, options, reverse action, nothing. Plain vanilla game plan...and its hard to believe it worked, but it did. That come-backer to Davis that was picked off, they've done several times this year...Davis was napping.

Tannehill wishes he had a few of those throws back, but he got abandoned on a few as well...not a good night, but enough.

I really don't care to debate anyone about Tannehill in this thread. All you'll see is preconceived bias painting everyone's views.

If they can be that successful in the run game and on defense, they may be able to pull off the monumental upset in Baltimore. Gonna take a 2019 Tannehill though...not tonight's Tannehill.

Congratulations to Ryan Tannehill and the Titans. As has already been mentioned, Tanny made a couple clutch plays at the end after that bumble of a snapped fumble. All that matters is they got the W. His TD throw early was gorgeous.
Winning ugly > losing.

I need a Jimmy G Superbowl win this year like I need air to breathe

Maybe if our stupid front office since 2012 would have realized to hire a coach who used power run game with a great big back and line Miami could have won in spite of tannehill too. Lol
Ireland philibin gase tannebum and yes even Grier did tannehill no favors except screw up every move and hinder his play and development here.
I think it has something to do with expectations. When you draft a QB at #8 you want to groom him to become your franchise QB and not an Alex Smith-type-along-for-the-ride QB. Thus you putting all your marbles into that draft pick.
The Titans didn't have these expectations. They knew who Tannehill is, got him cheap as a backup and had a pretty complete team for their QBs. They didn't ask much from Mariotta or Tannehill. All they had to do: don't **** it up. Marriotta did and Ryan did not/does not.

It is actually similar to our situation with Rosen. Cards picked him high and we got him low.

Back
Top Bottom