Tj Hockenson | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tj Hockenson

NJ Dolphan

Rookie
Reaction score
I preface this by saying I rarely watch college football and the only thing I know about draft prospects is what I read here and from draft analyst types.

That said, is Hockenson for real or is he just the perennial highest rated TE going into the draft who gets labeled as the next Gronk? If you think he's the former, it seems to me like a good pick in the first round especially if we trade down and he's still there. You can still work on getting offensive and defensive linemen later in the draft and next year in free agency when we're supposed to have all this cap space but in the meantime you potentially have a real impact player that can learn the ropes this year and be in a position to succeed and help whatever QB we get next year.

And leaving aside the whole being a psychopathic murderer, you could have Gronk/Hernandez combo in Hockenson and Gisecki.

I’ve got Hockenson going to Buffalo or Green Bay. That being said I would not be disappointed if Hock was the pick at 13. I would be shocked though.

I think he'll be a stud.
Just that man, feels like a luxury pick considering all the Dline/edge talent that should be there at 13th overall.

I think he'll be a stud.
Just that man, feels like a luxury pick considering all the Dline/edge talent that should be there at 13th overall.

I guess a TE who can also block is not necessarily a luxury like say drafting a wide receiver when you don't figure to have much of a passing game.

Hockenson depresses me because hes such a beast and weve needed a good tight end forever.

But we have zero chance of drafting him after drafting that bafoon Gesiki last year. Just terrible.

Could not imagine they would take a TE here. They are almost certainly going to trade down unless there's a QB that "falls" to them at 13 and they like him. Hard to know if there's a QB they like that high but with all the needs on the team, a trade down makes a lot of sense. Without having to move back that far they could pick up another 3rd rounder at least.

I don't see it happening, but if he is there at 13 and is clearly the best player left on our board, you go for it.

It's not like we have Keith Jackson in his prime on the 53 man roster already.

I preface this by saying I rarely watch college football and the only thing I know about draft prospects is what I read here and from draft analyst types.

That said, is Hockenson for real or is he just the perennial highest rated TE going into the draft who gets labeled as the next Gronk? If you think he's the former, it seems to me like a good pick in the first round especially if we trade down and he's still there. You can still work on getting offensive and defensive linemen later in the draft and next year in free agency when we're supposed to have all this cap space but in the meantime you potentially have a real impact player that can learn the ropes this year and be in a position to succeed and help whatever QB we get next year.

And leaving aside the whole being a psychopathic murderer, you could have Gronk/Hernandez combo in Hockenson and Gisecki.
Opinions vary wildly on him honestly, and I'm not one of his biggest fans.

IMHO, he is a solid blocker but nowhere near as dominating in the run game as Gronkowski, and probably not the pass protector either. As a receiver he is solid and will have a good NFL career … but he isn't anywhere near the physical specimen that Gronkowski was. Gronk is way bigger and longer with more speed and length. Gronk was too fast for LB's … Hockenson is not. Gronk was too big for safeties … Hockenson probably isn't. Both are too physical for CB's though.

While I may not be Hockenson's biggest fan, it's worth noting that the comparison to Gronkowski is not fair, as Gronk is the best mix of pass catching and blocking I've ever seen in a TE. Gronkowksi is the GOAT of TE's in my book. Comparing anyone, including Hockenson, to Gronkowski simply isn't fair.

Hockenson depresses me because hes such a beast and weve needed a good tight end forever.

But we have zero chance of drafting him after drafting that bafoon Gesiki last year. Just terrible.

>> insert frowny face <<<

BTW spell check.

Use punc.

Have respect for your reader!

:)

Opinions vary wildly on him honestly, and I'm not one of his biggest fans.

IMHO, he is a solid blocker but nowhere near as dominating in the run game as Gronkowski, and probably not the pass protector either. As a receiver he is solid and will have a good NFL career … but he isn't anywhere near the physical specimen that Gronkowski was. Gronk is way bigger and longer with more speed and length. Gronk was too fast for LB's … Hockenson is not. Gronk was too big for safeties … Hockenson probably isn't. Both are too physical for CB's though.

While I may not be Hockenson's biggest fan, it's worth noting that the comparison to Gronkowski is not fair, as Gronk is the best mix of pass catching and blocking I've ever seen in a TE. Gronkowksi is the GOAT of TE's in my book. Comparing anyone, including Hockenson, to Gronkowski simply isn't fair.

If he’s a guy who most likely will have just a good NFL career, yeah he’s not what we need right now.

Back
Top Bottom