To All Fiedler Haters...You Now Have an Option | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

To All Fiedler Haters...You Now Have an Option

Besides, for all this talk about injury, Mark Brunell has averaged nearly 15 games a season in his last 8 seasons as a starter. Jay Fiedler averages 14 games a season his last 3 years as starter.

He may be 32 years old, but Jay Fiedler's no spring chicken either anymore. Jay Fiedler is only 1 year younger than Mark Brunell. Thats 15 months, to be exact.

I think it is our duty to find out everything we can about the Brunell situation, and make an attempt to keep him in florida.

If we're willing to jump out there and spend $30 million on a fricking CENTER, shouldn't we be willing to go out and get ourselves a quarterback whom we KNOW is better than our own?

What the dolphins can't afford to do, is to continue to ignore the offense while the defense is breaking apart.

Mark Brunell has started for 8 years. Thats hardly 'his best days are behind him' although you may be correct...since those 'best days' he's been without Keenan McCardell for a season, without Fred Taylor for like 2 seasons, and with a shadow of Fred Taylor for a season, and without Tony Boselli protecting him for like 3 seasons...along with missing Leon Searcy who use to protect Brunell's blindside.

Searcy's loss may have hurt more than Boselli's constant injuries. The team has been in cap hell for years. But he still manages to play at a high level.

You say he had all that talent and didn't get past the AFC Championship...and I say we had all this talent and didn't even make the fvcking PLAYOFFS.

Isn't Brunnell undern contract?I believe so...Are the Jaguars expected to cut Brunnel?

Fiedler started out late so he has few more year left plus he keeps improving with each season.I don't think Fiedler has reach full potential yet.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
What the dolphins can't afford to do, is to continue to ignore the offense while the defense is breaking apart.

Mark Brunell has started for 8 years. Thats hardly 'his best days are behind him' although you may be correct...since those 'best days' he's been without Keenan McCardell for a season, without Fred Taylor for like 2 seasons, and with a shadow of Fred Taylor for a season, and without Tony Boselli protecting him for like 3 seasons...along with missing Leon Searcy who use to protect Brunell's blindside.

Searcy's loss may have hurt more than Boselli's constant injuries. The team has been in cap hell for years. But he still manages to play at a high level.

You say he had all that talent and didn't get past the AFC Championship...and I say we had all this talent and didn't even make the fvcking PLAYOFFS.

How can you say 2002 dolphins had more talent than that 14-2 team that was sorrunded by allstars almost every position..:nono:

Last edited by a moderator:
We had how many pro bowlers this year? How many???

We had the leagues most dangerous rusher, a decent OL, an exciting TE (one of the best in the league I might add), and Chris Chambers the "superstar" Not to mention a defense with 5 pro bowlers...

And we MISSED THE PLAYOFFS. Thats right, MISSED THE PLAYOFFS. We're not talking about missing the fvcking SUPER BOWL here like the Jags did when they went 14-2. We MISSED THE GOD DAMNED PLAYOFFS.

Whatever MARGINALLY better talent that Brunell had around him when they narrowly missed the super bowl, is more than made up for the fact that while they narrowly missed the super bowl, we narrowly missed THE ENTIRE PLAYOFFS!

I woudl say you brinbg in ANYone of those guys you can.

Let them compete head to head with Jay.

If Jay is so good (gag) then he shouldn't lose out.

Anyone but Fiedler.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
We had how many pro bowlers this year? How many???

We had the leagues most dangerous rusher, a decent OL, an exciting TE (one of the best in the league I might add), and Chris Chambers the "superstar" Not to mention a defense with 5 pro bowlers...

And we MISSED THE PLAYOFFS. Thats right, MISSED THE PLAYOFFS. We're not talking about missing the fvcking SUPER BOWL here like the Jags did when they went 14-2. We MISSED THE GOD DAMNED PLAYOFFS.

Whatever MARGINALLY better talent that Brunell had around him when they narrowly missed the super bowl, is more than made up for the fact that while they narrowly missed the super bowl, we narrowly missed THE ENTIRE PLAYOFFS!

Offensive lin best asset was runblocking and Ricky made them look better than what they realy were.Offensive line really struggle at times at pass rushing..

Chambers super star?? Not even close to being call a super star..He has the tools but he needs to work on his routes ..

Randy McMicheal was doing great until Fiedler got injured and just wasn't the same after that...

We have a super star RB...

Most our probowler were on defense qith some qustionale selections like Brock and Timbo?You can make the case that 4 other DT should had made it over Timbo.

I don't want to get into what if,could had happen but

I'm sure Fiedler would had remain healthy,the dolphins would have run away with the division.

Go take a look at that roster of the Jaguars...

They had so much talent on that team that I haven't seen in years...

Last edited by a moderator:
Well we gotta be smart about it. Have to make sure we get our money's worth. Would be no good to sign Kordella for a big contract then he shows in camp he's no good for the Norv offense.

And the solution is ...........

In 2003 !! We are Super Bowl bound with Wanny, Jay and Ray!!

ck....is it worth the cap space that would be involved to get brunell, is he THAT much better than fiedler? at this point i don't know.....paying fiedler and brunell big bucks wouldn't be fiscally wise, and if we released fiedler i believe we would have a hefty chunk of dead cap on our hands....

so in the end, is all the cap space that we would take up for a "minimal" upgade, is it really worth it?

different story if we are talkin vick, mcnabb, etc....but we are not....

Another thing is that Brunnell is a reall fan favorite over there and wouldn't be wise for them to get rid Brunnel yet.Have you guys seen Gerrard?Other than his scrambling skills,he sucks...I don't see Jaguars getting rid of Brunnell yet.

Remember the Jags will have a new HC pretty soon since Coughlin is out...Will he want to clean house ??? A possibility...They could draft GROSSMAN who would be a fan favourite and let go the 32 yr old Brunell...
My only concern is that a team like the Broncos would pick him up...All i know is that Jay needs competiton other than Ray Charles...

Back
Top Bottom