TO or Moss next | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

TO or Moss next

I don't know much about the pros, but from what I hear, an argument could be made for Cliff Swain being the best r-baller EVER. He's not in his prime anymore, but he'd kick my @ss 15-0.

Originally posted by Rebar71
I don't know much about the pros, but from what I hear, an argument could be made for Cliff Swain being the best r-baller EVER. He's not in his prime anymore, but he'd kick my @ss 15-0.

:lol: You wouldn't be the first and probably not the last. I have talked to the guy a few times but that is the extent of my knowledge on pro racquetball, Its not the most popular sport anymore.

It's hella fun and helps keep me from getting too round.

Looks like Cliff is currently ranked #6

clear.gif

Can you say, "hi-jacked" ??? :lol:

BTW - the Kings still have enforcer Ryan Flinn on their AHL team. They don't call him "cement-head" for nothing. Flinn's a better fighter than Brennan and Norton. But he's got to work on his hockey skills. Maybe they feel confident that Flinn's skills are coming along, so it was okay to let go of Brennan. Regardless, now is not the time of the season where you'd be dressing an enforcer anyway. They become less and less important as the season winds down and you find yourself in the middle of a tight play-off race - and he wouldn't dress at all in the play-offs. Cowan is someone who will help there.

The last I had checked on Flynn was when the rash of injuries were just unrelenting around Dec./ Jan. The consesus I found was that he was not ready to come up but who knows, Minor league hockey isn't my strongpoint. :lol:

Anyhow, seeinghow we totally steered this thread off topic, assuming L.A. gets into the playoffs, do you see them doing anything signifcant? Honestly, I can't. but they seem to be playing better now then they were at the beginning of '04.

Honestly, I don't think there is a scarier team in the play-off hunt right now than LA. I don't think any top seed wants to play the Kings in the first round. I mean, they've been banged up all year. They'll set a new all-time NHL record for man-games lost to injury - in fact, they may have already. And we're not talking about fill-in players either; we're talking about our top players - the entire 1st line, 2/3 of the 2nd, top 3 defensmen, #1 goalie - it's staggering. But in spite of that, we still have a realistic shot at the division title - we play San Jose 4 times in these final 13 games.

And we've loaded up - acquired Anson Carter, Straka and Miller are finally back from injury, Lubo and Cechmanek are due back probably this weekend. After being banged up all year, we're finally starting to get healthy just in time for the stretch run.

So, yea - I believe the Kings can do some damage. The team chemistry right now is scary good. It's scoring by committee and you can't match up against that.

Rebar we are fellow fin fans...
But to say there is no scarier team in the playoff hunt right now than LA is ludicrous...
Goaltending is what carries a team in the playoffs (just look at last year's finalists)...The Kings seem to have a cohesive group but with Roman 'stopping pucks' there is no way the Kings make it past round 1...I even think Huet is better or at least more positionaly sound than Roman...On another note, having seen the Kings play a few times i am convinced Norstrom is underrated big time...Very solid in his own end...
The team everybody is wary about and with reason definately is Nashville...Sullivan's addition has been huge and provided the whole team with a lift...IMO Vokoun is one of the most underrated goaltenders in the league also...
And even though I don't think they have enough scoring depth to do some damage...Calgary has been picked by many experts as a team that could potentially do some damage, simply because of their chemistry and Kiprusoff looking like Superman so far...
BTW i'm a Leafs fan....(Francis's addition was not what we needed)

You're right about Vokoun and Norstrom being under-rated - Matty wears the "C" for a reason. You're also right about Huet being more positionally sound than Cech - but that's not saying much. Roman is flopper for sure, but he stops pucks. He got a bad rap in Philly, but if you look at the stats, there was no better goalie in the league than Roman from 00-03. And anyone who blames Roman for Philly's play-off losses is freakin' nuts. You can't win if you don't score. The Flyers scored ONE goal in a 5-game play-off series. Yes, he lets in a softy every now and then, but what goalie doesn't? Not to mention, the Kings D was pretty suspect earlier in the year when they had an all AHL/rookie blueline corps due to injuries. Both goalies were constantly being left to fend for themselves against odd-man breaks. The only thing I'm concerned about with Roman is that his groin is 100% when it's go-time.

I don't think Nashville scares anybody. They'll be very lucky if they're not the odd man out when the show starts.

So the opinion seems to be your all happy with Boston/CC/Draft. Time will tell.

Rebar, one thing going for us is that the injury bug has struck San Jose, and they aren't nearly as hot as they were back when we could buy a win. I like your enthusiams for the Kings in the playoffs ( history shows us they play top seeds tough) but, I just don't see it this year, unfortunately. I hope they prove me wrong though.

Back
Top Bottom