Today's Sign That We're Going To The Super Bowl | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Today's Sign That We're Going To The Super Bowl

I'm talking real life here @Mach2 , do you honestly think the team of lawyers representing Tua , let alone the cavalcade of lawyers representing the $20 Billion juggernaut NFL wants a choir boy like Tua to have his name, image or likeness associated with this? Their future earnings all depend to some degree on maintaining that, real or perceived. And I never said anything about a lawsuit, a simple cease and desist with a Park Ave. address will do. She can go enjoy her 15 minutes of fame and then fade into obscurity.
Cease and desist from doing what?

I don’t get the big deal here. A young woman having a good time made a harmless comment that I don’t think even qualifies as lewd, that blew up on the internet. She had no clue it was going to become this big. Better she capitalize off of it than someone else. More power to her. My late teens and early 20’s would have been far less exciting without whacky, fun loving women like her. She’ll be a forgotten meme in 6 months, though hopefully for her, a far more wealthy one.
As far as I'm concerned, Hawk Tuah girl resonates with NFL fans far more than Taylor Swift. Can't wait til the NFL starts rigging games for us this season!
Spit Hawk GIF by Micropharms

You'd think a dude named Tua Tagovailoa would in the clear of these name associated jokes... Someone in the universe said " hold my beer" 😂

That being said.... ngl... the world is ****ed.

Cease and desist from doing what?
By wearing the trademarked NFL jersey they can argue that she is implying that the NFL endorses her endeavors, people have been sued for way less in the past. If she continues to wear it she is showing a pattern of behavior, that just won't be allowed to continue. They don't let people use "Super Bowl" in their advertising if they haven't paid the proper licensing fees, why would they be a party to this? She'll make plenty of money off this, she doesn't need the hassle. I'll bet a letter isn't even necessary, a quick phonecall will do.

Lol I wonder if any players asked their wives/girlfriends to give them a 'hawk tuah' that night

By wearing the trademarked NFL jersey they can argue that she is implying that the NFL endorses her endeavors, people have been sued for way less in the past. If she continues to wear it she is showing a pattern of behavior, that just won't be allowed to continue. They don't let people use "Super Bowl" in their advertising if they haven't paid the proper licensing fees, why would they be a party to this? She'll make plenty of money off this, she doesn't need the hassle. I'll bet a letter isn't even necessary, a quick phonecall will do.
I don't know how versed in law you are but I'll say it again. AF is not the NFL. They have zero "standing" here. Only the NFL would have standing to seek recourse, and there's no way they can prove damages. Furthermore, the girl or whoever bought the jersey paid their portion of the licensing fee with the purchase. The NFL would be complete idiots to make a stink over this even if they wanted to, which I doubt. What happens when her one million followers boycott NFL merchandise? Then possibly millions more just on principle?

She is, as far as I can see, doing nothing illegal.

It seems to be a moral judgement on your part more than anything else.

Take emotions out of it. What you are suggesting makes zero sense from a PR POV even if there was a legal basis, which there isn't.

Back
Top Bottom