Todd Wade wants to play LT.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Todd Wade wants to play LT....

inFINSible

Don't believe everything you think.
Reaction score
He actaually asked Tony Wise if he could make the move, or so it says here
Todd Wade, who has started at right tackle the past three years, said he went to offensive line coach Tony Wise and volunteered to move to left tackle. Wade last played left tackle as a sophomore at Ole Miss.
Does he have the skillz to make this move?

I'm not an expert but I think that Todd Wade doesn't have the quickness to play LT in the NFL.

He's a monster at RT.

I'd rather have a great RT, two good gards and center and an above average LT than two average T, two good gards and center.

At least on some plays you can put a TE or roll out to your strongest lineman to avoid the sacks like Dixon said.

LT's get paid more and he becomes a UFA after 2003 season.

Absolutely no correlation :rolleyes:

I think he's an solid, above average RT but would struggle at LT.

well i think if he is asking his coach to move, that it is a sign that he can play at LT, but as the coach didn´t jumped on it right away maybe says a lot too....:D

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
LT's get paid more and he becomes a UFA after 2003 season.

Absolutely no correlation :rolleyes:

Yes Clump good point, your money sense seems to be on as usual... He's looking for job security, either here or with someone else...

BUT, why not let him give it shot? There is always the chance, however slilght he could be good at it... I heard several commentators say that Wade does a really good job and that he is underrated as a player... How many of Ricky longest runs went to the right side?

I mean its not like we won't be able to tell how he does against quality DEs... let him study up and practice for a couple weeks and then line him up against JT...

After that let JT make the decision :evil:

Last edited by a moderator:
He doesn't have the footspeed to play LT.

clear.gif
just some model, her name is Lisa Dergen

No chance. He doesn't have the footspeed. But it was noble for him to volunteer.

Either the motive that he can really cash in if he plays above-average at LT. Clumpy man you beat be me before I could even wake up:cry: :cool:

Or the motive that he believes that he could actually do it.

Originally posted by Jaj
Either the motive that he can really cash in if he plays above-average at LT. Clumpy man you beat be me before I could even wake up:cry: :cool:

Or the motive that he believes that he could actually do it.

I work overnights :D

I think Clump has a great point

about Wade trying to increase his value in becoming a LT...
that being said...if it was a real option I think the coaches would entertain it...and to this point they haven't

Back
Top Bottom