Todd Wade wants to play LT.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Todd Wade wants to play LT....

most of the article is talking about how Dixon is our best bet at LT actually even though
Wade last played left tackle as a sophomore at Ole Miss.

Even though he would rather move inside, Dixon said it has been frustrating to hear all the talk about how the Dolphins need to improve the left tackle spot after Ricky Williams led the NFL in rushing and Dolphin quarterbacks were sacked 25 times.

leave Wade at RT IMO

Oh how cynical we've become. All we've heard the last few months is how the Phins need a LT. Wade volunteers to give it a go and we question his motives? Come on. Its true he would make more next year IF he had a good season at LT but if he was to fail, which many of you seem to think he would because of the lack of foot speed, I think it would hurt his chances in FA.

Maybe the guy was simply being a team player. I know that's hard to believe in this day and age of profesional athletics but every once in a while a good guy does raise his head.

Hey, you know Wade may want to help out...

but it would be unrealistic for him not to know that LT's make more and that he is coming up to his contract year and negotiations...

Maybe he hopes to help himself and the team...nothing wrong with that.

Wade wants to play at LT? Well, I want to sleep with Lisa Dergen. I guess we'll both have to not get what we want.

evidently, Miss Dergan

Was a playboy playmate (at least her google search came up with some really nice photos:D :D :D )

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
LT's get paid more and he becomes a UFA after 2003 season.

Absolutely no correlation :rolleyes:

I think he's an solid, above average RT but would struggle at LT.

I agree. I think he would be a lot worse at LT, with an even bigger dropoff between RT and LT production than Kyle Turley.

dixon will be much improved after learning the ropes last year....while i still believe the true speed rushers will give him a few problems i believe a full training camp AND BEING healthy will be the biggest factors in dixon's improved play.....

also did you see the ACTUAL CONFIDENCE dixon displayed when he said he could play the position at a HIGH level? that was suprising but enjoyable to read.......if dixon can be that confident about improvement i'll be damned if i don't believe him........

Originally posted by Bodzilla29
...also did you see the ACTUAL CONFIDENCE dixon displayed when he said he could play the position at a HIGH level? that was suprising but enjoyable to read.......if dixon can be that confident about improvement i'll be damned if i don't believe him........

Good point Bod, Dixon is his own biggest critic, if he believes he can be a quality starting LT in this league, then I believe him...

I brought up dixons attitude some time ago and said at the time that it was funny to hear him this fired up ... he said he was kinda pissed about lt this and that .. he thought he played well enough to win games and was sayin that he felt he had something to prove .. If he can stay healthy this year I think he will play his best football this year! The guy is primed and considering his normal self defficating attitude about how he plays .. it is a welcome change ... Kick some ass mark!!!!!!!!

I suppose your right about Wade perhaps being a nice guy and just volunteering to help out. Lets just say for argumenst sake that his intentions are for monetary gain. Would you risk a season of him playing poorly just to get him cheaper next year? Stick with Dixon if you ask me. I agree with Bodzilla, Dixon will be much improved imo.

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
LT's get paid more and he becomes a UFA after 2003 season.

Absolutely no correlation :rolleyes:

I think he's an solid, above average RT but would struggle at LT.

exactly, he's a RT who wants LT money.

there's no point to this thread cos he won't be playing LT. Like most od you said, he doesn't have the feet and then we'd make 2 positions weak.

Back
Top Bottom