Tom Coughlin Foaming At The Mouth Ready To Return to Coaching | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tom Coughlin Foaming At The Mouth Ready To Return to Coaching

RUDEbyallMEANS

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
I do not see any reason why Tom Coughlin is passed up by Miami.. I really want this hard-knock coach to take over this sporadic franchise who have many players that don't live up to their billings.. Bill Parcells gives Coughlin alot of praise and that alone gives me enough reason for Miami to sign him..

Miami is listed as one of the teams as a possible destination for Coughlin as well as Buffalo and New York Giants..

Big mistake if Huizenga passes up on Coughlin

On another note.. I was reading through all the articles in Miami herald and sun-sentinel and found out that Spielman and Wannstedt were having an argument when they were on the clock for thei 2nd round pick in 2003 NFL Draft.. Spielman wanted Anquan Boldin, Wannstedt wanted Eddie Moore...

Very interesting..

Tom Coughlin to Miami!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tom Coughlin Foams At The Mouth To Return To Coach

Last edited by a moderator:
I really hope Tom doesn't become the Dolphins new coach. I think Denny Green, Fassel or maybe even Dick Jauron would be a better canidate.

I think a coach like Coughlin is what this franchise needs. The thing with Coughlin though is that he carries around a reputation from his Jacksonville days that would probably be a deterrent for future FAs to come to Miami. If we could retain most of the roster we have now and add maybe Brunell, I think he'd at least take this team to a conference championship.

If Coughlin is "what a franchise needs" then why did the owner of the jags hire J Del Rio (assistant coaching experience of 3-5 years) to replace HIM ??

:shakeno:

Tom Coughlin is the one h-c that this franchise (Miami Dolphins) most definitely DOES NOT NEED !!

:goof:

Marino1983

He is a good coach.

Did things for Jags that you can still see today. Good things with the Offense, as far as the running game, and even QB.

If he does come, I would not be surprised to see Brunnell here.

I think Coughlin will be the next coach of the jints.

Dolphins already have one too many Jaguars rejects, no more please. I lived in Jax with Coughlin as the coach since the Jag's inaugural year, I certainly don't want him moving to coach my favorite team, not after everything I've seen from him over the years.

Pass :shakeno:

why anyone would choose the ny job, or any job for that matter, ahead of this one is beyond me...this team is a few players and a new attitude away from making some serious noise.

i believe parcells would lobby for the dolphins gig, had he not accepted the position with dallas last offseason(would play the jets and pats(bellicheck) 4 times per year)

Tom Coughlin is a good coach.He had nothing to work with the last 3 years in Jags due to salary situation.The guy is in the mold of Bill Parcels and that the type of coaching approach this team needs.

Rick Spielman for GM.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by inFINSible
I think Coughlin will be the next coach of the jints.

If the bills don't get him I hope he ends up w/ the Giants instead of the fins. This guy will get the fins to play hard even late in the season and ino the playoffs.

He will make sure your D keeps playing. Should he end up w/ the fins, I hope he takes Gilbride w/ him. Gilgride was his OC at Jags.

I wouldn't mind Coughlin, I suppose. Gilbride though? I would trade him for a Buddy Ryan Fist or something.

My supervisors Brother in law coached with Coughlin in Jax, and he told him the guy was like a tyrant with his players, while that may be what the Fins would need right at the moment overall it wouldn't be a good thing long term. He said the players hated him and after the first few seasons had enough, that is why players tried to jumps hip and FA's wouldn't come there. In the end he had lost control of the whole team. Take it for what it'sworth but this is first hand knowledge of what was going on behind the scenes in Jax.

Well, I just read that Coughlin is foaming at the mouth for the N.O.'s job. He's stuck between that and the Giants. He likes NO better tho, because he'd have more personnel powers whereas he'd have none in NY.

Tom Coughlin will be going to the Bills and we are going to either wind up keeping Dave or signing Fassel.

Back
Top Bottom