Tom Coughlin | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tom Coughlin

Coughlin doesn't have Parcells' charm. He is tough like Parcells, but he doesn't have that jokey side, the wisecrack side, he is one-dimensional in that regard. Parcells is entertaining, Coughlin is annoying.

That being said, I would not mind him. The thought of Dennis Green coaching this team send chills of terror down my spine!!

Originally posted by Bopkin02
If the players don't believe in his system, why keep him around? And if he's not the head coach, then as what? Def coordinator? That makes no sense if players don't believe in his system. And I don't think Wannstedt would take to being the DC of a team for whom he was once their head coach.

Dave came from the Cowboys during JJ's tenure he's just not a HC but he did a great job with the Cowboys.

I agree with some of the other posts on this thread. Tough coaches only last if they have a Super Bowl under their belts. The act wears thin after a few years and the team just quits. This team needs someone who's tougher and who brings a better staff with him. The only coaches worth their salt are probably Turner and the strength coach, Gamble.

I live in Jacksonville and have followed the jags closely. I would be adamently opposed to coughlin. Yes he would probably have short term success because he is a strict disaplinarian and a very good x and o's coach but alienated most of the players as well as the fan base. I wish him very good success in new york (giants) where, if he coaches again, i think he ends up!!
Jeff

Coughlin

Anyone that wants to put fear in the players should be behind Coughlin for our Head Coaching change...if it happens. He is no nonsense and works his players HARD. He may be too tough for the players we currently have. If he's hired, look for a full house cleaning....IMO

Originally posted by Oboy
A coordinator coming in as a HC is not bad at all. ALL great coaches start somewhere. No coach is a head coach right away. They all have to be an assistant until they prove themselves. How about Monte Kiffin (sp?) from Tampa?

Kiffin's defense is showing serious holes. They have been figured out and they cracked. Looks like it was mostly Dungy after all.

I think because Kiffin coaches a team that is 6 million under the cap might be a reason he is having problems thus far not to mention the fact that every year the Eagles let their best players go because they don't want to pay them. The Eagles could be a very scary team if they would spend some money. Look at the Kevin Johnson situation the Eagles could have had him but they let him get away.

Originally posted by rickykicks@$$
I think because Kiffin coaches a team that is 6 million under the cap might be a reason he is having problems thus far.....

According to John Clayton on 9/30/03, Tampa Bay was $1.16 million under. I'm sure it's probably less now that they have signed, cut, and put players on IR.

It's basically the same group he had last year. The only difference is the FS and SLB. Now they have lost Brian Kelly. But just last year that defense was being considered one of the greatest of all time. Now they can't hold a 4th quarter lead no matter who's in the lineup. And teams continue to pound the rock down their throat with success. If he's as brilliant a DC as he's supposed to be, the dropoff shouldn't be this great.

If anything, injuries could be to blame. But I just think they've been figured out for the most part.

Back
Top Bottom