Tony Dungy says he wouldn't hire Rex Ryan | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tony Dungy says he wouldn't hire Rex Ryan

Again, we got a qtr and half of Indy backups in a game that was a very close game when they left. You guys had an easeir end of season in 2008 facing the likes of Tyler Thigpen, Shaun Hill and JP Losman who STARTED and played all game but that was ok.

I can't believe you're honestly trying to make this point. Again. Why are you always trying to compare the 2008 division champs to the 2009 NY Jets who backed into the playoffs? An 11-5 team who started 0-3 and basically had to win out the rest of the season, to a team who started 3-0 and needed other teams help just to get into the playoffs, and finished with a very debatable 9-7 record? And you want to talk about logic?

You realize the AFC championship game was a close game also in the 3rd quarter?? But then what happened? (The time the Colts didn't pull out their starting 22) The Colts starters went on to shut you down the entire 2nd half outscoring you 17-0 in the 3rd and 4th quarters! And they went on to win by two touchdowns 30-17.

Yet when they pulled their starters, the Jets were the team who went on a 19-0 run to finish the game. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........I wonder why?!

Turned out juuust a little bit differently that time, didn't it?

And I don't care who you are. Playing against someone's back-up's is not the same as going against another NFL team who's full speed, TRYING to actually win the game. Arguing this over and over again when someone picks on your 2009 Jets 'easy ride' only makes you look stupid, and very uneducated.

"But then again, in the big picture what did they win?

Super Bowl? No.
AFC Championship? No.
Division Title? No.
"

We made the AFC Championship Game, something you guys haven't done since 1992 and haven't been close to since 1994.

Yeah, how many AFC championship games has Miami been to? Now how many has NY been to? Superbowls? Division titles? Wins...Etc.

Anytime you want to talk about history with your NY Jets just remember the Dolphins have you beat at least 2-1 in just about everything. (Unless you want to talk about AFC championships which is 5-1)

Cincy one arguably the toughest division in football and swept both Bal and Pitt.

Usually you're right with this division. Pittsburgh and Baltimore are usually a force to be reckon with. But Pittsburgh wasn't much in 2009. Who are you trying to kid? Toughest division on football my a$$. Not in 2009.

And Cincy started the year 9-3 and ended up crawling into the playoffs. They had lost 4 of their last 5 games to end their season and weren't playing well at all. Their only win down the stretch came against Kansas City for Christ sakes. Really guy?

SD is always underachieving yet they won playoff games the previous 2 years, the ravens were great though when you beat them as they hadn't won a playoff game since 2001:rolleyes2:

You don't think San Diego is an under achieving team? They've gone something like 45-18 the last 4 years. But been one-and-done in the post season 2 of those 4 years. They have 3 wins and 4 loses in the playoffs over the last 4 year span. And they just so happened to miss 3 FG's against you guys on top of this.

Sanchez made huge plays to help us win that game at SD, it's not all about meaningless fantasy #s.

Really? He's supposed to make plays. He's the quarterback! You sound surprised when the guy makes a play here or there. It's his job. The ball is in his hands at the beginning of each and every play. And this guy was the 1st round pick. He's supposed to make plays.

Yet he lived off play-action and only threw for 100 yards going 12/23 with a 4.3 yard average. Obviously Sanchez isn't a fantasy guy.

no one ever said we were great but we were good and finished up really good. I get the jealousy, I would be too if I saw Miami win 2 playoff games but try to remove your fandom for a minute and look at things logically.

That's debatable. You lost a must win game week 15 against Atlanta. And I could say it's easy to 'finish' strong when you're playing against 2's, 3's and 4's week 16 and 17.

If Kaeding makes one FG, the game is tied. If he makes 2 out of 3 the Chargers win. If Kaeding makes all 3 the game is out of reach for pathetic Dirty.

Feely's FG didn't matter in the Conference game because the Colt's kicked your ***.

You would think so, wouldn't you? The problem is the game would get played differently had he made one or both of those. Up 17-7 kaeding missed a 40 yarder, we then went into prevent mode and they went right down the field on us. Had he made that kick we play it differently and they aren't going right down the field on us.

Against Indy Feely missed a FG on the first possession which would have given us the lead and up 17-13 in the 3rd he missed a FG that would have given us a TD lead but instead gave Manning a short field to work w/ and they scored to take the lead. You cannot assume a game plays out exactly the same way after a missed FG.

That's debatable. You lost a must win game week 15 against Atlanta. And I could say it's easy to 'finish' strong when you're playing against 2's, 3's and 4's week 16 and 17.

Whenever you guys bring up the qtr and a half we got against Indy's backups I must bring up how you made it in 2008. You guys had an easier time in '08 than we did in '09.

You were 11-5 against a creampuff sched in a division w/o Brady. Our 9-7 team in 2009 was MUCH better than your 11-5 team in 2008.

You started 0-2 not 0-3. You should know that.

You guys needed other teams help too, if we didn't choke you wouldn't have won the div or made the playoffs.

yes b/c the AFC Title Game and week 16 games were played exactly the same. B/c they beat us in the title game that means they definitely would have beat us in week 16. if that is the case how come you guys whine about Cincy when we beat them up on the road in the playoffs?

You beat awful, awful teams to end 2008. It's basically the same thing as playing backups except at leats backups are trying as hard as they can to impress coaches where on those awful teams they were just playing to end the season.

I don't care about the 70s and 80s, you haven't been to a title game in 18 years and haven't even been close to one in 16 years. In recent, relevant history we not only own the head to head series we own the overall results.

Pitt and Baltimore each won 9 games, when 3 teams are over .500 that's a pretty damn good division.

So if baltimore beats a bad KC team down the stretch that is a stike against them but Miami beats an even worse KC team down the stretch in '08 and that is something to crow about?

SD is underachieving but that doesn't mean they aren't really good. Again, they hadn't been one and done in postseason since 2006 and never under Norv.

You do know that Mark was a rookie, right? You do know he ahd the best rookie postseason of any QB in the modern era of pro football, right? You guys act like he was a 10 year vet.

you pointing out yardage against SD shows me you didn't watch or don't have any idea how to evaluate a QB. His #s against Indy were much better but he was much better against SD than he was against Indy.

Back
Top Bottom