Tony Dungy says he wouldn't hire Rex Ryan | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tony Dungy says he wouldn't hire Rex Ryan

Sure I would love the fact that the coach wins games but I would also hate the fact that he continues to make an *** out of himself in public. I can respect his talent as a headcoach but dislike him as a person.

Try this.

I'm a Hurricanes fan. Go to all the games home and away. Donate to the University, etc. I love Randy Shannon. Had quite a few conversations with him. Know his story. Know what he has done for the University as a player and a coach. He's a great guy. Does everything right. He's graduating these kids left and right and as a result the University has Standford-like graduation rates.

But he can't coach for ****. He has as much talent as any team in the country and he's losing three and four games a season. Aggravates me to no end and I want him fired.

Winning solves everything. Rex Ryan stirs the pot and says some ridiculous things but we'd all turn our heads if he was winning. For all of the great things Randy Shannon has done for the University of Miami, no one is turning their head because of it. People notice when you're Miami and you aren't winning.

Winning does solve mostly everything ... I'm just simply implying that I wouldn't really like the guy as our head coach. I would love the fact that he wins games as a head coach but I would dislike him as a person and a leader for our team. Character goes a long way. Dolphins have had some..okay.. a lot of players with questionable characters but Bill Parcells is -trying- to stray away from that. There is a reason why Bill Parcells drafted team captains with the first 4 draft picks. We can win without losing ourselves and our integrity.

But eventually they all cave. And Parcells gave in and went and got that gutterball Brandon Marshall. I've never been a big fan of Brandon Marshall and I've always said that I'd like that guy a lot more if he wouldn't talk. Same goes for Rex Ryan. I'm not a fan of his mouth but I'll look past it when it means wins. Same goes for Marshall. That kid is immature as ****. But I'm all for him as long as he stays out of trouble off the field.

You'd like him if he won games. Winning solves everything in sports.

Just like money solves everything in in your life for the most part. You have a job you hate making $100,000 a year you're gonna be much happy than working a job you like for $40,000 a year.

Sorry but you couldn't be more wrong here and that's certainly not true for everyone. I am a culinary school graduate and I used to be a head chef running fine dining kitchens making $60-70,000/yr, but the occupation owned me. I worked 65+ hours a week and worked weeknights, weekends and holidays. I am now a swim coach making $30,000 a year with a normal schedule. I love my life and couldn't be happier. I am now home at night, don't work the weekends and/or holidays and thoroughly enjoy having more time for ME. Plus, my wife loves having a personal chef for herself. Money isn't everything and solves nothing if you don't have happiness to begin with.

Anyways...

No way in Hell would i want Rex Ryan as our Head Coach. He'll implode soon enough along with his 2003 fantasy team.

As a rookie he took his team to the title game w/ a rookie QB having to win 2 road playoff games but he hasn't done anything as a HC:lol:

If he was hired instead of Sparano you guys would be loving him and us Jet fans would be calling him fat and terrible.

Again, as a rookie head coach he lead his team to a 7-7 record and had the luck of playing 2nd string players for the next two weeks and fell into the playoffs. Kudos on beating the Bengals on the road, but for the 2nd "win" you should eternally be a member of the Nate Kaeding Fan Club.

Also, If by devil's chance he was our HC, it would be Jests fans calling him fat and terrible because most Dolfans would be wearing the same blinders you currently have on.

Sorry but you couldn't be more wrong here and that's certainly not true for everyone. I am a culinary school graduate and I used to be a head chef running fine dining kitchens making $60-70,000/yr, but the occupation owned me. I worked 65+ hours a week and worked weeknights, weekends and holidays. I am now a swim coach making $30,000 a year with a normal schedule. I love my life and couldn't be happier. I am now home at night, don't work the weekends and/or holidays and thoroughly enjoy having more time for ME. Plus, my wife loves having a personal chef for herself. Money isn't everything and solves nothing if you don't have happiness to begin with.

Anyways...

No way in Hell would i want Rex Ryan as our Head Coach. He'll implode soon enough along with his 2003 fantasy team.

Yeah, maybe I'm just the typical money hungry douchebag lol.

I'm not sure why anyone would think that Rex is going to "implode" or fail this year. What part of his history makes it so obvious that he is going to fail?

Unless you see a pattern where Rex is going to take after the other fat AFC East head coach, Tony Sporano, and not be able to make the playoffs two seasons in a row.

I'm not sure why anyone would think that Rex is going to "implode" or fail this year. What part of his history makes it so obvious that he is going to fail?

Unless you see a pattern where Rex is going to take after the other fat AFC East head coach, Tony Sporano, and not be able to make the playoffs two seasons in a row.

Like father, like son.

I can honestly say I wouldn't like Rex Ryan if he were our HC. Mark Sanchez didn't have to win games , he had to keep himself from losing the games for the jets.

That makes it more diffiucult to win then, right? so that made the coaching job even better.

It's fine you don't like rex and you prefer a coahc who allows his team to run wild in the offseason. The bottom line is winning, if a coach wins every fan wants him.

You'd like him if he won games. Winning solves everything in sports.

Just like money solves everything in in your life for the most part. You have a job you hate making $100,000 a year you're gonna be much happy than working a job you like for $40,000 a year.

I partially agree, I love what I do now but I have made more money doing other things I didn't like. Not quite that dramatic of a dropoff as in your example but I did make a significant amount more in other lines of work. of course I have some incredible perks at work which somewhat make up for the difference in what I used to make.

Winning does solve mostly everything ... I'm just simply implying that I wouldn't really like the guy as our head coach. I would love the fact that he wins games as a head coach but I would dislike him as a person and a leader for our team. Character goes a long way. Dolphins have had some..okay.. a lot of players with questionable characters but Bill Parcells is -trying- to stray away from that. There is a reason why Bill Parcells drafted team captains with the first 4 draft picks. We can win without losing ourselves and our integrity.

Parcells is trying to stary from that? Please. he just acquired Brandon Marshall, his team led the league in arrests, hisn GM asked a player if his mom was a prostitute. It's a nice concept but he hasn't followed it. last I checked we didn't have any guys arrested this offseason and I don't believe we have had any since Rex took over. That dosn't mean it won't happen b/c eventually it happens w/ every team and every coach but it will never be a problem w/ player after player like it has been for Miami.

Again, as a rookie head coach he lead his team to a 7-7 record and had the luck of playing 2nd string players for the next two weeks and fell into the playoffs. Kudos on beating the Bengals on the road, but for the 2nd "win" you should eternally be a member of the Nate Kaeding Fan Club.

Also, If by devil's chance he was our HC, it would be Jests fans calling him fat and terrible because most Dolfans would be wearing the same blinders you currently have on.

Stop w/ the excuses. If you use those excuses you must apply them to the dolphins end of 2008 season as well. We got Indy's backups for a qtr and a half, we were crushing Cincy's starters 27-0 in week 17 then won 2 road playoff games and I ask this again- how come we see the whining about kickers missing against the Jets but no one mentions our kicker missed 2 kicks in the title game? was Indy just lucky b/c our K missed?

Like father, like son.

Your coach has more in common w/ Buddy as neither ever won a playoff game as a HC although Buddy won multiple SBs as an assistant w/ Tony has never won a playoff game as an assistant either.

Parcells is trying to stary from that? Please. he just acquired Brandon Marshall, his team led the league in arrests, hisn GM asked a player if his mom was a prostitute. It's a nice concept but he hasn't followed it. last I checked we didn't have any guys arrested this offseason and I don't believe we have had any since Rex took over. That dosn't mean it won't happen b/c eventually it happens w/ every team and every coach but it will never be a problem w/ player after player like it has been for Miami.

This is why I said -try-

This is why I said -try-

He's not trying hard enough. I also forgot about incognito who he brought in, it's great in theory to want a team full of high character guys but it's hard to win w/ just one type of player. In a eprfect world every roster roster would be filled out w/ Chad Pennington type character guys but that's not a reality. There are good guys and bad guys and in order to win you have to deal w/ some bad guys. W/o LT you think parcells has 2 SB titles?

Absolutely. It's all just a matter of what side of that fence you're on.

You know this is why I was honestly PISSED OFF when Indy layed down week 17 against the Jets - Pulling their starters in the 3rd quarter with the lead and watched the Jets go on a 19-0 run with no Peyton Manning to finish the 'meaning less' game for Indy. (and yet Jets fans think there is some credit to this?) Yeah sure, maybe if you had beaten them full strength I would be here singing a different tune, giving some props. But you didn't. Hell even the NFL changed the scheduling in the future so unfair situations like this don't happen again. Going on to say how it wasn't fair.

Obviously the entire NFL knew the Jets weren't better than the Colts. Almost 500 yards of total offense and a damn near a 130 QB rating later 'finally' the Jets realized this. Unfortunately for us Dolfans, we now have to listen to this sorry a$$ 8-8 team from last year (that we beat twice mind you) blab on about how they have a rookie head coach who has done blah blah blah. When in reality, they were a nothing team last year who doesn't even make the playoffs without the help from the eventual AFC champs. And even their coach stated so after the Falcons 'must win' game, week 15.

But then again, in the big picture what did they win?

Super Bowl? No.
AFC Championship? No.
Division Title? No.

Two playoff games.

-One against an obviously lesser opponent in Cincy (why I call them an 8-8 team - despite them laying down week 16 - they still beat them full strength in the post season).

-And another against an 'always' underachieving playoff team in San Diego... who every year seems to get eliminated by a weaker team. Who's kicker happened to go 0 for 3 on FG attempts (after only missing 3 FG's all year) in a 3 point game, becoming the first kicker to go 0-3 in an NFL playoff game since 1995.

Mark Sanchez had 100 yards passing and a 60 QB rating making that the fewest yards a Jets QB has ever thrown for in a playoff win. Mean while Rivers threw for 300 yards, only to watch his kicker waste it all.

That win gave the Jets 2 (two) post season wins in a single season for only the 2nd time in their NFL history! And not since 1982.

Only in NY Jet la la land, where they only remember the good times were they a great team last year.

You know this is why I was honestly PISSED OFF when Indy layed down week 17 against the Jets - Pulling their starters in the 3rd quarter with the lead and watched the Jets go on a 19-0 run with no Peyton Manning to finish the 'meaning less' game for Indy. (and yet Jets fans think there is some credit to this?) Yeah sure, maybe if you had beaten them full strength I would be here singing a different tune, giving some props. But you didn't. Hell even the NFL changed the scheduling in the future so unfair situations like this don't happen again. Going on to say how it wasn't fair.

Obviously the entire NFL knew the Jets weren't better than the Colts. Almost 500 yards of total offense and a damn near a 130 QB rating later 'finally' the Jets realized this. Unfortunately for us Dolfans, we now have to listen to this sorry a$$ 8-8 team from last year (that we beat twice mind you) blab on about how they have a rookie head coach who has done blah blah blah. When in reality, they were a nothing team last year who doesn't even make the playoffs without the help from the eventual AFC champs. And even their coach stated so after the Falcons 'must win' game, week 15.

But then again, in the big picture what did they win?

Super Bowl? No.
AFC Championship? No.
Division Title? No.

Two playoff games.

-One against an obviously lesser opponent in Cincy (why I call them an 8-8 team - despite them laying down week 16 - they still beat them full strength in the post season).

-And another against an 'always' underachieving playoff team in San Diego... who every year seems to get eliminated by a weaker team. Who's kicker happened to go 0 for 3 on FG attempts (after only missing 3 FG's all year) in a 3 point game, becoming the first kicker to go 0-3 in an NFL playoff game since 1995.

Mark Sanchez had 100 yards passing and a 60 QB rating making that the fewest yards a Jets QB has ever thrown for in a playoff win. Mean while Rivers threw for 300 yards, only to watch his kicker waste it all.

That win gave the Jets 2 (two) post season wins in a single season for only the 2nd time in their NFL history! And not since 1982.

Only in NY Jet la la land, where they only remember the good times were they a great team last year.

Again, we got a qtr and half of Indy backups in a game that was a very close game when they left. You guys had an easeir end of season in 2008 facing the likes of Tyler Thigpen, Shaun Hill and JP Losman who STARTED and played all game but that was ok.

"But then again, in the big picture what did they win?

Super Bowl? No.
AFC Championship? No.
Division Title? No.
"

We made the AFC Championship Game, something you guys haven't done since 1992 and haven't been close to since 1994.

Cincy one arguably the toughest division in football and swept both Bal and Pitt.

SD is always underachieving yet they won playoff games the previous 2 years, the ravens were great though when you beat them as they hadn't won a playoff game since 2001:rolleyes2:

Sanchez made huge plays to help us win that game at SD, it's not all about meaningless fantasy #s.

no one ever said we were great but we were good and finished up really good. I get the jealousy, I would be too if I saw Miami win 2 playoff games but try to remove your fandom for a minute and look at things logically.

Stop w/ the excuses. If you use those excuses you must apply them to the dolphins end of 2008 season as well. We got Indy's backups for a qtr and a half, we were crushing Cincy's starters 27-0 in week 17 then won 2 road playoff games and I ask this again- how come we see the whining about kickers missing against the Jets but no one mentions our kicker missed 2 kicks in the title game? was Indy just lucky b/c our K missed?

If Kaeding makes one FG, the game is tied. If he makes 2 out of 3 the Chargers win. If Kaeding makes all 3 the game is out of reach for pathetic Dirty.

Feely's FG didn't matter in the Conference game because the Colt's kicked your ***.

Back
Top Bottom