Tony McDaniels resigned? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tony McDaniels resigned?

redclamcrowder

Cure for the Common Person
Reaction score
Per Armando's twitter feed:

The Miami Herald's Barry Jackson confirms Miami Dolphins DL Tony McDaniel is re-signing with the team. Details to come at miamiherald.com

Edit: Sorry for the extra 's' in Tony McDaniel's name in my thread title. Damn typo :)

Good resign and opens the door for Langford, Starks or Merling to be used as bait in any trades going forward.

This is a good move, and provides plenty of DL flexibility and options.

Good resign and opens the door for Langford, Starks or Merling to be used as bait in any trades going forward.

I hope that's what it is because as it is there really aren't reps to go around on the defensive line.

Very nice..Im curious to see the money involved though

This was my big concern, the money I mean. IF it's a reasonable contract, then I am very happy to have McDaniel back. If he got a huge raise, well, I would say we have more pressing positions to spend money on than the defensive line.

more than likely Merling. I'm sure many people will be shocked to hear this, but Langford is considered by many to be a top 5 3-4 DE right now so I doubt he gets traded. Starks could prolly get us a nice haul, but he's still young and can play NT if need be.

But glad to keep McDaniels. Not a big name guy, but he made some big plays for us last season

Agree on the starks, merling, or langford traid bait. However, if we are packaging starks or langford with ANY picks, actually even alone for Kyle Orton Ill be pissed

Why the **** would we trade Langford who is a top 5 3-4 DE in the league or Starks who went to the probowl two years ago and has already proved he can play at that level. If we're trading or releasing anyone it's Merling.

Gotta love a 3-4 DE rotation of Odrick/Langford/McDaniel/Starks!

Per Armando's twitter feed:

The Miami Herald's Barry Jackson confirms Miami Dolphins DL Tony McDaniel is re-signing with the team. Details to come at miamiherald.com

Edit: Sorry for the extra 's' in Tony McDaniel's name in my thread title. Damn typo :)

not a big deal, easily replaceable.

Back
Top Bottom