Tony McDaniels resigned? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tony McDaniels resigned?

Why the **** would we trade Langford who is a top 5 3-4 DE in the league or Starks who went to the probowl two years ago and has already proved he can play at that level. If we're trading or releasing anyone it's Merling.

Gotta love a 3-4 DE rotation of Odrick/Langford/McDaniel/Starks!

I was like wtf? too lol at trading starks...

more than likely Merling. I'm sure many people will be shocked to hear this, but Langford is considered by many to be a top 5 3-4 DE right now so I doubt he gets traded. Starks could prolly get us a nice haul, but he's still young and can play NT if need be.

But glad to keep McDaniels. Not a big name guy, but he made some big plays for us last season

I was also thinking Merling is the most likely candidate as Langford brings so much as a run stopping DE in the 3-4 and Starks is one of the best pass rushing 3-4 DE's and can play NT. However both guys are expendable when it comes to stocking up for a run at a 2012 first round QB. Both guys probably wont have a higher value for the Fins than they do right now. Langford is a FA next year and Starks is coming off a Pro Bowl (which is incredible for a 3-4 DE).

Thank you. Now I know we're doing more than just waiting on Kyle Orton (which we shouldn't be).

2 years $6 million tells me he's not a long term answer but more for insurance. Doubtful it means Langford, Starks or Merling are trade bait, although Merling may be out anyway. Starks and McDaniel can play NT as well since we don't have a backup for Soliai outside of a longshot 7th round pick.

Why would anyone trade for Philip Merling? Talentless wife abusers are not hard to find.

Why the **** would we trade Langford who is a top 5 3-4 DE in the league or Starks who went to the probowl two years ago and has already proved he can play at that level. If we're trading or releasing anyone it's Merling.

Gotta love a 3-4 DE rotation of Odrick/Langford/McDaniel/Starks!

Because we won't be able to pay Langford 1.4 million after this season. Hey I LOVE Langford . . . hell of a DE and find for Miami . . . but if you can get a 2nd for him or a 2nd for Starks . . . you think about that . . . . one of the FEW GOOD THINGS this regime has proven is that they can develop a 3-4 DE . . . rather get value for him now than lose him in a bidding war next season. Having the chance to draft a franchise QB means more than keeping a top 5 3-4 DE.

We can survive with STarks/Mcdaniel/Odrick/Merling as our DE rotation.

I was like wtf? too lol at trading starks...

When somebody throws Kendall Langford 5 years and 45 million . . . while we have to still consider resigning Wake and Jake Long . . . that 2nd round pick will look much more valuable. The best teams are able to forecast this stuff . . . unfortunately Miami has sucked in forecasting for years.

This is really spooky guys. I like the idea of trading Starks for a 1st round pick in order to strengthen our draft power in 2012 but I don't like the idea of a Starks for Orton trade. That is like giving the Broncos a 1st round pick.

Starks is still under contract for this year and next at a very reasonable rate. He is a very desirable player and eminently tradable, but I don't see Orton as equal value.

This is really spooky guys. I like the idea of trading Starks for a 1st round pick in order to strengthen our draft power in 2012 but I don't like the idea of a Starks for Orton trade. That is like giving the Broncos a 1st round pick.

Starks is still under contract for this year and next at a very reasonable rate. He is a very desirable player and eminently tradable, but I don't see Orton as equal value.

If we trade Starks to the Broncos . . . the Broncos better be sending us Orton and a top 3 round draft pick.

Back
Top Bottom