Tony Pauline says Chase doesn’t get past Fins at 3. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tony Pauline says Chase doesn’t get past Fins at 3.

Most scouts (not all, but most) seem to think Ja'Marr Chase is the best WR prospect in the last few years, and the best in this draft. I agree. Still, I think trading down to 6 or 8 we'd still either get Chase or Smith. If we use the pick at #3, I'd take Chsae, but I'd rather trade back a tad and pick up a 2nd rounder.
can you please explain why you would take him over the other two. I just dont see him getting separation. he is strong at the point of attack and good with the ball in hands. but his separation at the next level concerns me. when you watch him against nfl talent corners he usually only wins bc of his physicality. we need guys that can separate. I appreciate it in advance

There has to be a trade down. Rarely do we get top 3 picks in a year with several QB needy teams and nice propsects that are top 10 overall rated.

If you can get an early second you do it if you stay top 9.

I know a few DB's who would probably disagree with the notion that Chase is the best WR prospect in the last few years. So much so that they don't even understand how it could be a legitimate conversation.

I'll say this, there's not a cornerback in the NFL that could shut down Jerry Jeudy or DeVonta Smith one-on-one. Now whether you can get 'em the ball or not is a different story entirely. I think even Elway gets it now. But just in terms of route running and staying with the guy and covering him - there's nobody that can do that to Jeudy or Smitty. Maybe a Jalen Ramsey or somebody like that might have a shot on a good day. Just in general, absolutely not. There's no way.

You can't really say that about Ja'Marr Chase. And he is a talented receiver.

can you please explain why you would take him over the other two. I just dont see him getting separation. he is strong at the point of attack and good with the ball in hands. but his separation at the next level concerns me. when you watch him against nfl talent corners he usually only wins bc of his physicality. we need guys that can separate. I appreciate it in advance
Why does it matter how you win? Just win baby

Jamarr chase isn’t to be confused w/ randy moss. He doesn’t belong in a tier separate from smith, lamb, jeudy, Higgins or Jefferson

if Miami didn’t pick #3, neither smith or chase would be top 5 picks. There just happens to be a playoff caliber team picking at #3, w/ a pressing need at WR

Jamarr chase is my bet for #1 off the board.
I have doubts that the NFL picks the Devonta smith frame over chase.

chase profiles more of a alpha WR #1 than any other WR in this class. I still think trading down a few spots would be the best and pick either Waddle or Smith if Chase is gone. if we stay at #3 then Chase should be the pick.

Pauline knows more than we do about teams and who they like. He likely has some inside information. But it's still just a guess. Miami could have Smith as their #1 receiver, or Waddle.

Carolinas not moving up, They’re going to keep their draft capital and pick Mac Jones.

Reports here in Carolina are that Panthers are going to be aggressive finding a QB this off season. Peter King reported he expects carolina to go hard after Watson and if that doesnt happen, they are expected to trade up to make sure they get their QB. Carolina is absolutely a trade partner if they still haven't got a new QB come draft night.

people over looking Chase reminds me of everyone over looking Davante Adams as well. Both tore up the NCAA at 19. Both weren’t special athletes, and both had concerns getting off the line.

just think the jamarr chase analysis this year is becoming over calculated. There’s no concerns if he can play or not, and he’s within the proto type frame.

I hope we trade down and the receiver choice is made for us by one of the two going ahead of our pick. I'd personally be extremely happy with either, though I lean more in favor of D Smith.

people over looking Chase reminds me of everyone over looking Davante Adams as well. Both tore up the NCAA at 19. Both weren’t special athletes, and both had concerns getting off the line.

just think the jamarr chase analysis this year is becoming over calculated. There’s no concerns if he can play or not, and he’s within the proto type frame.

Well, Adams tore it up twice in college. He had a season to validate what he did as a RS Freshman. Chase decided to pass on that opportunity. He knew what he was coming back to if he played another season at LSU. He wasn't going to be able to validate the big season he just had.

He's good. Like I said, he's Justin Blackman, Corey Davis, Amari Cooper, Sammy Watkins, Michael Crabtree good. That's good enough.

I don't think he belongs in a tier by himself though.

Back
Top Bottom