Tony Pauline says Chase doesn’t get past Fins at 3. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tony Pauline says Chase doesn’t get past Fins at 3.

i wish i could see what alot of others see in chase. i take smith and waddle over him. not saying he isnt good, but imo the other two are better.

I wish people would remember how Chase dominated the SEC. You basically have to ask yourself, do you like the WR who projects to be Marvin Harrison or the one who projects to be Steve Smith.

If it were up to me the Fins would take Chase at 3 and Waddle or Bateman at 18. Then take best available RB at 2A, I prefer Williams. Let's get same damn weapons on O for once.

Well, Adams tore it up twice in college. He had a season to validate what he did as a RS Freshman. Chase decided to pass on that opportunity. He knew what he was coming back to if he played another season at LSU. He wasn't going to be able to validate the big season he just had.

He's good. Like I said, he's Justin Blackman, Corey Davis, Amari Cooper, Sammy Watkins, Michael Crabtree good. That's good enough.

I don't think he belongs in a tier by himself though.
That’s a very valid point and nothing I said is pointed at your analysis of chase that I’ve seen. I think you have one of the most realistic grades on him that I’ve come across here. I don’t think the sitting out will bother his draft stock, and I understand your view on the kids that sat out through a coaches lens.

what’s probably being over looked by all of us is that Kyle pitts is the best receiver in this class.

I know a few DB's who would probably disagree with the notion that Chase is the best WR prospect in the last few years. So much so that they don't even understand how it could be a legitimate conversation.

I'll say this, there's not a cornerback in the NFL that could shut down Jerry Jeudy or DeVonta Smith one-on-one. Now whether you can get 'em the ball or not is a different story entirely. I think even Elway gets it now. But just in terms of route running and staying with the guy and covering him - there's nobody that can do that to Jeudy or Smitty. Maybe a Jalen Ramsey or somebody like that might have a shot on a good day. Just in general, absolutely not. There's no way.

You can't really say that about Ja'Marr Chase. And he is a talented receiver.

The reason I'm leery of Smith is with him, you get what you see. There isn't going to be an improvement on his route skills or his size. He's hit peak everything.

With Chase, I still see him able to improve his route running ability. Add that into how he is able to use his is body more and high point the football better & I think Chase has the higher upside.

The reason I'm leery of Smith is with him, you get what you see. There isn't going to be an improvement on his route skills or his size. He's hit peak everything.

With Chase, I still see him able to improve his route running ability. Add that into how he is able to use his is body more and high point the football better & I think Chase has the higher upside.

That's right. Although sometimes it's good to get what you see. A lot of times you end up getting what you don't see.

Last edited:
I know a few DB's who would probably disagree with the notion that Chase is the best WR prospect in the last few years. So much so that they don't even understand how it could be a legitimate conversation.

I'll say this, there's not a cornerback in the NFL that could shut down Jerry Jeudy or DeVonta Smith one-on-one. Now whether you can get 'em the ball or not is a different story entirely. I think even Elway gets it now. But just in terms of route running and staying with the guy and covering him - there's nobody that can do that to Jeudy or Smitty. Maybe a Jalen Ramsey or somebody like that might have a shot on a good day. Just in general, absolutely not. There's no way.

You can't really say that about Ja'Marr Chase. And he is a talented receiver.

Xavien Howard told Darius Butler that Jeudy was one of the toughest WR's to cover. He smoked a lot of CB's as a rookie, just like he did at Alabama. Lock just doesn't have the skill and timing to take advantage. He's better off with guys like Sutton who are always kinda open because of their size and ball skills. Parker for Jeudy would make sense fit-wise for both teams. Give Lock more jump-ball guys, and give Tua guys who can separate. Parker + 2b for Jeudy could make sense for both sides. Of course Denver should just keep Jeudy and move on from Lock.

There has to be a trade down. Rarely do we get top 3 picks in a year with several QB needy teams and nice propsects that are top 10 overall rated.

If you can get an early second you do it if you stay top 9.
Early second could net us bama rb Harris. Yes, yes.

Why does it matter how you win? Just win baby
It matters a lot. You are not only looking at winning the ball, you also looking at flanker who can stretch the field. A speedy deep threat can pull the corner deep and pull the safety to his side. As a result, slot or TE on that side gets more room, also in running play, the safety needs couple more steps to come up and tackle. That could means the different between a 5 yards run and a 12 yards run.

What I said is football 101 really, nothing revolutionary. I am surprised a board veteran like you would everlooked that.

The thing that makes Chase elite is how he keeps the db from holding him. He is so strong. When they try to grab him, he just stiff arms them. He beats them to the punch.

I like both Smith and Chase. I just feel that Smith is a better fit for Tua and Tua is a better fit for Smith due to their style of play.
I actually think Waddle is a better fit for this team. Waddle is a pure speed burner. Can pull the corner deep and command attention of safety. We already have 5050 type wr in DVP. Don't need more with similar skill set.

It matters a lot. You are not only looking at winning the ball, you also looking at flanker who can stretch the field. A speedy deep threat can pull the corner deep and pull the safety to his side. As a result, slot or TE on that side gets more room, also in running play, the safety needs couple more steps to come up and tackle. That could means the different between a 5 yards run and a 12 yards run.

What I said is football 101 really, nothing revolutionary. I am surprised a board veteran like you would everlooked that.
Chase isn’t slow. He isn’t the fastest, but he has better than average speed.

Chase isn’t slow. He isn’t the fastest, but he has better than average speed.
When you can not get separate deep, safety often ignore you. Reason being that safety knows even if you make the catch, you will tackled immediately.
We need a alpha wr who can commands double team.

Back
Top Bottom