Tony Wise is the Jets Offensive Line Coach | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tony Wise is the Jets Offensive Line Coach

Wise was our OL coach the year Ricky ran for 1800, but once those guys were gone {Dixon / Ruddy / Perry / ect}, our OL was a joke. Even then, our pass protection was very shaky. I think Ricky made them look much better than they actually were....

The Jets are in for another injury plagued season at QB in my opinion....

By the way, this hiring is old news. I posted it a few days ago with about half the response....

PHINZ RULE!!!

well, since we play them twice I look for that move to drastically help JT sack total.:D

byroan said:
He's a horrible coach. Look at the players he had when his Oline was good.

Dallas had the worst OL in the NFL when he got there and the best when he left. Most of the guys on that OL were late round picks and journeymen until they suddenly became great players under Wise: Nate Newton, Kevin Gogan, Mark Tuinea and Erik Williams.

When Ricky rushed for 1800 yards, he had Todd Wade, Tim Ruddy, Todd Perry, etc. No Pro Bowlers.

In Chicago the Bears gave up the fewest sacks in the NFL with a bunch of journeymen.

Fineas said:
Dallas had the worst OL in the NFL when he got there and the best when he left. Most of the guys on that OL were late round picks and journeymen until they suddenly became great players under Wise: Nate Newton, Kevin Gogan, Mark Tuinea and Erik Williams.

When Ricky rushed for 1800 yards, he had Todd Wade, Tim Ruddy, Todd Perry, etc. No Pro Bowlers.

In Chicago the Bears gave up the fewest sacks in the NFL with a bunch of journeymen.

We may have been able to run block a little but do you remember how poor the pass protection was,,,,WoW it was bad.

I saw you trying to reason with them over there Agua, what a laugh :sidelol:

And they thought they had problems with QB injuries this year, just wait... :goof:

nyjunc said:
Ricky did have an 1800 yd season w/ Wise as your OL coach.

And Ricky got hit behind the line on every play. We lost QB's because they could not block. Ricky took a beating and its also one of the reasons he walked away.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
And Ricky got hit behind the line on every play. We lost QB's because they could not block. Ricky took a beating and its also one of the reasons he walked away.

Give me a brak, so icky got hit behind the line on every playa nd broke tackles every play to get 1800 yards?:sidelol: Come on. Ricky had holes all year, he made some great plays on busted plays as well but he had room to run and other teams didn't respect your passing game which allowed them to key on Ricky and the OL still held up.

nyjunc said:
Give me a brak, so icky got hit behind the line on every playa nd broke tackles every play to get 1800 yards?:sidelol: Come on. Ricky had holes all year, he made some great plays on busted plays as well but he had room to run and other teams didn't respect your passing game which allowed them to key on Ricky and the OL still held up.

Watch the games.:refuse:

nyjunc said:

he may have had nice holes to run, but ricky def. made the Oline look better than it was. Not the other way around. As proof, see what happened in 2004 when Ricky wasnt around. They had no RB so teams didnt have to respect the run, and still the running game was one of the worst in the league. And the pass blocking was non existant as our Qbs were killed or running for their lives all game. Im not saying Wise wont be succesful in NY because anything can happen, but the jets def. downgraded this year. He couldn't even get a job last year! Hey JUNC, Wasnt the Oline of the jets amoung the leauges best as far as Rushing yards and fewest sacks allowed for a few years? why was the current OL coach let go? just curious.

edsta74 said:
he may have had nice holes to run, but ricky def. made the Oline look better than it was. Not the other way around. As proof, see what happened in 2004 when Ricky wasnt around. They had no RB so teams didnt have to respect the run, and still the running game was one of the worst in the league. And the pass blocking was non existant as our Qbs were killed or running for their lives all game. Im not saying Wise wont be succesful in NY because anything can happen, but the jets def. downgraded this year. He couldn't even get a job last year! Hey JUNC, Wasnt the Oline of the jets amoung the leauges best as far as Rushing yards and fewest sacks allowed for a few years? why was the current OL coach let go? just curious.

No question Ricky also helpd make the OL look good as he was phenomenal that year BUT yo can't discredit the OL and you guys were a mess in 2004 so you can't pin all the blame on him. He has had a successful career inclduing good years in Miami.

As for Doug Marrone, our OL Coach the past few years, he was named OC in NO so he moved on to more responsibility plus I don't think Mangini wanted him back anyway.

nyjunc said:
No question Ricky also helpd make the OL look good as he was phenomenal that year BUT yo can't discredit the OL and you guys were a mess in 2004 so you can't pin all the blame on him. He has had a successful career inclduing good years in Miami.

As for Doug Marrone, our OL Coach the past few years, he was named OC in NO so he moved on to more responsibility plus I don't think Mangini wanted him back anyway.
One of the biggest reasons the fins were a mess was a direct result of the Oline play. They were among the worst. And when teams cant run and dont have time to throw, the fingers point to the Oline . But yes Wise did have a solid career in Dallas and Chicago. which is why i wont bash his hiring. I do however question why marrone was let go when the jets Oline has been good in recent memory. I guess we'll see next year how it turns out.

Fineas said:

Was it a coincidence that two of those teams had top shelve running backs? One was even a future HOF'er.

Back
Top Bottom