Top 10 QB or RB Selection--Both Risky | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top 10 QB or RB Selection--Both Risky

Emskirch said:
Wow, I must disagree with you, Fred Taylor and Lewis not a superstar/superstar in the making?

Anywho, your point is well taken, although I would bump up your numbers on the RB side just a bit, getting a quality stud qb is hard, RB's not so much.

Who in the RB category would you elevate to superstar status to bump up the numbers?

Most people here would trade Feeley for any of those QB's on that list except Leaf and possibly Collins (some would probably argue for a Collins for Feeley trade).

I think it is interesting to break down the top 10 RB/QB picks and figure out which one's are busts and boons for their teams, but it also strikes me as wrong in some way. Those players are picked in the top 10 because of their potential and outstanding college play and intangiables. There are QB's picked throughout the draft- what percentage of 3rd round QB's are busts? 5th round QB's? Some people would rather draft a QB in the 3rd round forever hoping one would hit... because they are afraid of the risk. It's the same with RB's. Everyone is arguing for one or against the other simply because they are afraid of the risk involved in a high pick. But it's no riskier than a 2nd round pick or 3rd round pick as a matter of fact, it's probably LESS risky to pick in the top 10 than the bottom 10 of the first round. It's just being afraid that every other 1st round pick will succeed while Miami's fail. I don't understand that attitude.

Miami has been cursed with the 2nd pick in the draft. There are some here that have encouraged the coaches and prayed for a collapse just to have this opportunity. Now some are afraid of the pick, they want someone safe- someone that won't bust. It's chickensh*t attitudes like that which will ruin a franchise and I hope it ends after this year.

I would have put Fred Taylor in there. I wanted him so bad when the team was trying to acquire a Rb by trade, ending up with Ricky. Taylor has a long history of injuries, but he would have costed only one first day pick (a 3rd), and was on almost the same level as Ricky, when healthy. The funny thing is, that since that trade he has only missed 2 games, gained at least 1200 yds, with over 4.5 a carry....

Celtkin said:
Who in the RB category would you elevate to superstar status to bump up the numbers?

Lewis is worthy, and he has a ring.

Ozzy said:
Lewis is worthy, and he has a ring.

I was kind of on the fence about Taylor because I personally love watching him run. As for Lewis, you're right. He should be on the list as a superstar. :smackhead

It sure looks like the QBs are a surer bet. I think you left out Cade McKnown, I could be wrong but I think the Bears took him pretty high up there.

BSQX4 said:
It sure looks like the QBs are a surer bet. I think you left out Cade McKnown, I could be wrong but I think the Bears took him pretty high up there.

Mcnown was the 12th Pick. ;)

Celtkin said:
I was kind of on the fence about Taylor because I personally love watching him run. As for Lewis, you're right. He should be on the list as a superstar. :smackhead

Yeah, my only concern was how Taylor always had some season ending injury, but like I said, the last three years he's only missed two games.

He is one of the best cutback against the grain runners I've seen. Plus he is 230 pounds, and can go between the tackles.

Back
Top Bottom