Top 10 QBs by time to throw under/over 2.5 sec | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top 10 QBs by time to throw under/over 2.5 sec

I do agree that winning a SB is not really the best measure or metric on how "good" is an individual QB. There have been good ones that never had an opportunity, and meh ones that have a ring. Consistent playoff wins in an annual basis is a better indicator, IMO.

Going to push back to an extent, though.

Using the phrase "it takes everything to go right" implies luck is the driving factor. I do not believe that to be the case over the course of multiple seasons.

There's a reason Brady is the GOAT, having done it multiple ways with two different teams. There's a reason PM has 3 rings in 5 years. It isn't all luck.

As far as a Marino/Montana comp?

Marino certainly had better physical tools. I don't believe he had even close to Montana's anticipation, command and understanding if the scheme as a whole, or the discipline to employ it if he had.

I do believe Montana teams had a far more innovative and adaptive coaching staff on both sides of the ball. If we are being honest here, what does that imply about Shula?
Montana also had HOF and all pros all over the place. Marino played w Dwight Stephenson for 3 years and Jason and Zach at the end of his career. Prime Montana’s roster was light years > prime Marinos roster. Switch teams and Dan has the rings and Joe does not.

I get it

My biggest complaint about the NFL is that they don’t consider a QB “great” unless they win a SB. The NFL team is the most team sport in all of sports. It takes everything to go right from the HC all the way down to the water boy.

We all know Marino was every bit as great as Montana was, but Montana played on a well stacked team at every position and had a HC was an innovator who at the time invented the west coast offense that took many years for the NFL defenses to catch up to
That and a roster that Tim Boyle or Zach Wilson could have won SBs with!

It’s a crazy opinion. We’ve been spoiled with these atheletic QB profiles lately and now some seem to think your QB has to be able to run like a LB at minimum To win games.
No, just some mobility, not a statue. At Alabama Tua was able to move around a bit but in recent years he is more or less a statue, and that is a concern for the Dolphins (or any other team considering signing him to a new contract).

No, just some mobility, not a statue. At Alabama Tua was able to move around a bit but in recent years he is more or less a statue, and that is a concern for the Dolphins (or any other team considering signing him to a new contract).
It seemed that Tua moved around more (and ran a bit) before the concussions, and then basically stopped. So, either McDaniel told him not to do it anymore, or he's playing scared. Either way it's no good, especially when you consider their o-line issues.

Sooooooo you think Brady had more mobility than Tua?

To win a Super Bowl it will be always take some incredible individual plays from the Qb position.

They don’t have to be Mike Vick runs but they are physical movement plays that can happen in or outside the pocket.

It’s why I’ve been upset with Tua at the end of last year and why I’m finally a little happy with the reports he’s down to 220.

I know quick precise movements are gonna be needed.
Honest question because I do not remember details of the game - did Trent Dilfer have any incredible plays to win the SB in 2000? Different NFL 25 years ago I guess though.

I might be a Tua homer subconsciously tbf. I do think the injuries were too much at the end of 2023 for any qb to carry the load in KC at -20 degrees or whatever the temp was.

It seemed that Tua moved around more (and ran a bit) before the concussions, and then basically stopped. So, either McDaniel told him not to do it anymore, or he's playing scared. Either way it's no good, especially when you consider their o-line issues.
Tua's lack of mobility is alarming, especially when you consider that it will get worse as he ages. I am not going to to feel sorry for Tua because he's already collected about $30 million from the Dolphins and is due another $24 million for the 2024 season.

Tua's lack of mobility is alarming, especially when you consider that it will get worse as he ages. I am not going to to feel sorry for Tua because he's already collected about $30 million from the Dolphins and is due another $24 million for the 2024 season.

Some posters degree of "mandibular mobility" astonishes me. - LOL

Honest question because I do not remember details of the game - did Trent Dilfer have any incredible plays to win the SB in 2000? Different NFL 25 years ago I guess though.

I might be a Tua homer subconsciously tbf. I do think the injuries were too much at the end of 2023 for any qb to carry the load in KC at -20 degrees or whatever the temp was.
to come to my conclusion about What I said, it was actually Kurt Warner in the pocket where I got this theory from the beginning, then I started watching closer and closer after that, This is what I believe.

Trent had perhaps the best defense of all time and a great run game.. but I’d have to watch his playoff run in detail to see if he made those subtle fast movements at critical times, I don’t recall

to come to my conclusion about What I said, it was actually Kurt Warner in the pocket where I got this theory from the beginning, then I started watching closer and closer after that, This is what I believe.

Trent had perhaps the best defense of all time and a great run game.. but I’d have to watch his playoff run in detail to see if he made those subtle fast movements at critical times, I don’t recall
He did not. He was actually pretty bad. So much so, that they dumped him and tried to upgrade after winning the SB w Elvis Grbac They even went 2-1 that year in a 3 game stretch where the offense failed to score a single TD.

Let’s see now that he’s slimmed down. He was more slippery before last season

Back
Top Bottom