TOP 10 QB's In The League.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

TOP 10 QB's In The League....

MDolphins2004

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Here is my Top 10 list..... :roflmao:

What would your list look like.... :cool:

1) Michael Vick ~ Simply put he is the bigest playmaker in the NFL.

2) Payton Manning ~ The closest passer to the one and only Dan Marino. Payton can breakdown a Defense like no other QB in the league. The only problem with Payton other than $$$ is that he can even confuse his own WR's when he calls 30 auibles before the snap.

3) Donvan McNabb ~ This will be the first season that McNabb has EVER had a true #1 WR. This with his running skills will make McNabb even more of a threat and that is saying alot.

4) Brett Farve ~ Even at his age his still can sling the rock. He is a born leader that takes a team on his shoulders. The only thing that can hold back Farve is Farve and he is not going to let that happen.

:fire: 5) Tom Brady ~ Yeah he may not have the best arm in the league. But he is a CLUTCH player. When the game is on the line he makes the right reads and puts the ball in the hand basket of ALL of his WR. He does not have a True #1 so he spreads the ball out better than anyone in the league.

6) Steve McNair ~ Has the heart of a champion and the body of a Full Back. He has improved his game EVERY year in the league. The only way he is going to be off the field is if he is kidnapped by a division rival.

7) Aaron Brooks ~ Put Brooks on a team that has a chance and you might have a MVP on your roster. He can run and throw and that just causes to many problems for a Defense to handle in most cases.

8) Duante Culpepper ~ He is one of the better QB's in the league. Most would say that he makes to many errors on reads and tries to force the ball to Moss. But if you were the QB on a team with Moss you had better force the ball to him. Otherwise you might be looking for a Job with another team just ask D. Green. Do as Moss wants or get cut or traded now that is pressure.

:fire: 9) Chad Pennington ~ It seems like every pass takes to years to get to the WR. But it is on target with the WR in stride. He does have best arm when it comes to accuarcy.

10) Jake Delhomme ~ Might be a one year wonder but until he proves otherwise I think he has the tools and the mental game to be a VERY productive NFL career.

Once again you will not be seeing a Dolphin QB on this list. :fire:

The Phins do not have a Top 20 QB right now. But perhaps AJ will make his mark in the NFL this season. He has the RB and the WR's so he and Jay will have no reason to fail. Even if the OL does not play all that great. :eek:

My list goes like this:
1. Peyton Manning: May be one of the elite QBs of all-time. By far the best in the game today in my mind.

2.Tom Brady: Second smartest QB in the NFL behind Manning. Shows up when it counts most and the guy just wins.

3. Steve Mcnair: A true warrior at the QB position. He doesnt just play hurt, he plays good while hurt. The most versatile QB in the NFL (scrambling, intelligence, passing).

4. Donovan Mcnabb: Hasn't really been able to convert to a pocket passer like Mcnair has. But now that he has Owens that could change.

5. Brett Favre: Still great even at the end of his career.

6. Mike Vick: Vick hasn't proven much to me yet. I think he very well could be the best QB in the NFL, but at his size and the way he plays and the speed LBs are playing at in the NFL these days. I predict an injury plagued career unless he learns to stick in the pocket.
7. Matt Hasselback: Very underrated in my mind. Great all-around passer.

8. Chad Pennington: Still relatively inexperienced, but seems to only bring wins when he does play. Could very well be in the Manning, Brady catergory soon.

9. Byron Leftwich: This guy really impressed me last year. I think he'll be in the top 3 best very soon.

10. Daunte Culpepper: Like Mcnabb still needs to work on his pocket passing. And needs to limit turnovers but is a physical monster at QB.

Honorable Mention: David Carr: Still young and has impressed starting since being a rookie for an expansion team.

Trent Green: Wish I couldve made room for him on this list. Does a great job despite a weak arm and no legit #1 reciever.

Vick is certainly the fastest QB in the group, but at this point he isn't the best QB.

Here's my top 6.
1. Manning
2. Favre
3. McNair
4. Culpepper
5. Hasselbeck
6. Brady

It's hard to go beyond 6 because the next tier of guys are almost equal. There are also a lot of questions that will get answered this year - Is Gannon really done? Can McNabb throw now that he has someone to throw to? Will Brooks take the next step? Pennington is right there also.

Vick needs to impove on:
1) LEARN TO SLIDE!!! or get killed!!!!
2) Reading the Defense!!!!!
3) Short game passing...Flats and 8 yards and in....

Things that NO OTHER QB IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL has that VICK already has:
1) SPEED.......SPEED......SPEED......
2) MOVES......MOVES.......MOVES.......

Overall Vick:
1) Speed that most NFL players only dream about.
2) A cannon that even surpasses Elway's.
3) Moves not seen since Barry Sanders.
4) Eyes in the back of his head.
5) Vision outside the pocket.
6) The Best Player in the NFL when it comes to turing a busted play into a TD.
7) Big Time Playmaker.....that every Coach dreams of having.

Sure you could say that he will never make it 4 seasons. But then again what player does not fall into that catagory. 10 years ago he would be switched to WR or RB....But the game has changed and he has changed the game when it comes to QB's that can beat you on the ground or with a 80 yard bomb....or should I say Missle...because it takes about the same time to go 80 yards as most QB's throwning 50 yards....

If you are looking for a QB that throws the ball 40+ times a game...then take Manning as the #1..

If you are looking for a QB that can throw the ball 18 times a game for 200 yards and run the ball for 100 yards on 10 carries then take Vick......

I am a Dolphin fan because of the GREATEST QB of ALL TIME....DAN MARINO......he had ski boots on for his last 10 seasons....I loved watching him throw the ball on all most every down....TD...TD...TD....TD.... :cooldude:

Vick is on the Falcons best compared to the Cards another lame bird from seasons past. He makes them a CONTENDER just being on the field. In one play he could change the outcome of the game and man you gotta admit he has the sickest moves in the NFL.....

Put Vick on a team that is already a contender and he will make them the FRONT RUNNER as long as they keep talent around them.

If he does not let his ego stop him from improving his weakness and stays healthy. He will be the MJ of FOOTBALL!!!

Top 10:

1. Manning
2. McNair
3. McNabb
4. Favre
5. Culpepper
6. Brady
7. Vick
8. Hasselbeck
9. Green
10. Brooks

I had a tough time sorting out McNabb, Favre, Culpepper, and Brady and if I made the list again I might have them in a different order. I think McNabb will be awesome this year with Owens on his team. Favre has been great for years and can still play at a high level. Culpepper has a great arm and I think very highly of him. I think Brady is a good QB but is overrated and gets too much credit. I think Brady and Michael Vick are the two most overrated players at the position. Vick has incredible physical tools but he doesn't have great accuracy. I think he has the potential to be the best but he isn't right now.

Mike Vick has barely played in a year. And he's still struggling to be a consistent NFL QB. It's absurd to put him at #1.

My list tonight (for what that's worth).

#1) Steve McNair
#2) Tom Brady
#3) Peyton Manning
#4) Aaron Brooks
#5) Brett Favre
#6) Donovan McNabb
#7) Chad Pennington
#8) Matt Hasselbeck
#9) Daunte Culpepper
#10) David Carr

On the cusp.....Michael Vick, Patrick Ramsey, Trent Green, Marc Bulger.

You can easily rearrange my list and it still would probably look fine. The top guys are just really good. I'm glad we're finally getting some good QB play again. Maybe not the elite superstars we had when Marino, Elway, Kelly, Montana and Cunningham were all together. But we've got some good ones.

I can't believe I haven't seen Aaron Brooks high yet. This guy threw 24 TDs and 8 INTs last year. He's gotten significantly better every single year. Great arm, great legs. He's got the goods. I also think that David Carr has got some serious tools. And he's going to be one of the best around now that his supporting cast is building.

Brady.....the guy just has ice water in his veins. He's tough, accurate, has a better arm than some give him credit for. Very Montana-like.

Vick could very easily ascend to the upper echelon. He's as talented as any player ever to enter this league. He just has to show us he can stand in there and throw it for a full season.

Yeah, Vick aint done enough to be top 10 yet.

1) Manning. True field general, has the skills of Marino, and the toughness and field presence of Kelly. If he can win the big one he'll go down as one of the greatest.

2) Brady. Much as I dislike the guy, his record speaks for itself.

3) Favre. Still the man.

4) Pennington. A smart, young up and comer. Needs more weapons.

5) Culpepper. True gunslinger and built like a linebacker.

6) Hasselbeck (Matt). Just getting started.

7) McNabb. T.O. May put them over the hump. He's been great without weapons, now all he can do is go up.

8) Brooks. Underrated. Due for a major breakout.

9) McNair. Tough as nails and has matured into one of the best leaders in the game.

10) Garcia. Needs a fresh start and needs to avoid injuries.

All I'm going to say is Vick has not proven anything yet. Stats dont lie, they dont make the man, but they certainly dont lie either.

1. McNair- Without a doubt, the best QB in the NFL in my mind. Has the best arm/scramble ability in NFL. Deadly Accurate. Edges out Manning because of scrambling ability.
2. Manning
3. Brady
4. Hasselbeck
5. Culpepper
6. McNabb
7. Vick
8. Pennington
9. Brad Johnson
10. Favre

01. Peyton Manning (field general, good arm, accurate)
02. Steve McNair (unstoppable, strong arm, mobile enough to make things happen)
03. Brett Farve (appears as if he'll be slipping down quickly, but he can make things happen like no other QB in the NFL right now)
04. Tom Brady (very consistent, accurate, smart)
05. Daunte Culpepper (cannon, mobile, built how you want your qb, but makes many mistakes)
06. Michael Vick (playmaker, should improve on his decision-making)
07. Donovan McNabb (wildly inaccurate sometimes but tough and playmaker)
08. Matt Hasselbeck (growing accurate talent)
09. Chad Pennington (growing accurate talent)
10. Drew Bledsoe (I still think he's got something left and we might see it thise year, unfortunately)

regardless of stats and ability, for me it comes down to "who do i want leading my team in the superbowl/who do i trust to win a game for me" and thats when i elimate QB's like culpepper and vick and you pretty much bring down to manning, mcnair, farve, brady,mcnabb

MDolphins2004 said:
Here is my Top 10 list..... :roflmao:

What would your list look like.... :cool:

1) Michael Vick ~ Simply put he is the bigest playmaker in the NFL.

Vick the best QB in the league? Hardly. Sure, he is fun to watch, and is a great athlete. But he has a looooong way to go before being even a top 10 QB.

1. McNair
2. Manning
3. Favre
4. Culpepper
5. Brady
6. Pennington
7. McNabb
8. Plummer
9. Hasselbeck
10. Delhomme

1. Peyton Manning - absolute best
2. Tom Brady - when the refs cheat for you, you can be great
3. Daunte Culpepper - Randy Moss baby!
4. Brett Farve - All time greatest qb next to Danny Marino. I love Brett.
5. Rich Gannon - Great O-line... Gannons gonna be back at mvp status.
6. Steve McNair - No pain ever stops this man. lol
7. Matt Hasselbeck - old... but has an amazing arm
8. Mike Vick - awesome feet and bullet throw.
9. Aaron Brooks - underrated, saints win division.
10. Donovan McNabb - TO...

Back
Top Bottom