Top-10 worst wide receiver corps: Teams that need serious help in the 2021 NFL draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top-10 worst wide receiver corps: Teams that need serious help in the 2021 NFL draft

If Wilson returns at full health and Parker and Williams can avoid injury, with Fuller and Bowden as the top 5 WR’s right now, the rating makes sense.

Yet at the end of last year, Bowden was promoted from the practice squad and Parker played while dealing with another hamstring issue. Otherwise none of the other top five receivers listed were on the team or in Williams case he was on IR.

So they might be #8 right now but over the last month of the 2020 season, they were the worst WR Corp in the NFL. They need to add an elite receiver at 6 and if they can stay mostly healthy in 2021, they should take a giant leap forward in the ratings.

Credit where credit is due, Grier got the Fins out of the bottom 5 by signing Fuller.
Is Fuller considered a legit #1? I sure hope so. Maybe it will benefit Parker because he might be going up against the other team's #2 CB instead of their #1. Not saying I don't want us to draft one of the top 4 with our 1st pick, but it would be nice to get more production out of the guys we have.

The addition of Fuller makes the WR corp upgraded from poor, to well, below average. Way too many ifs and buts with the WR corp we have. If Parker and Williams stay healthy. If Wilson and Hurns play to an average standard.
Miami NEED...NEED offensive weapons. WR to start with, and who over they draft at 6, that person will start straight away.
Tackles, and its a good class of Tackles, can be found at 36.

How are we ahead of the yets

wouldn’t trade all their for all ours

If Wilson returns at full health and Parker and Williams can avoid injury, with Fuller and Bowden as the top 5 WR’s right now, the rating makes sense.

Yet at the end of last year, Bowden was promoted from the practice squad and Parker played while dealing with another hamstring issue. Otherwise none of the other top five receivers listed were on the team or in Williams case he was on IR.

So they might be #8 right now but over the last month of the 2020 season, they were the worst WR Corp in the NFL. They need to add an elite receiver at 6 and if they can stay mostly healthy in 2021, they should take a giant leap forward in the ratings.
Did we say that last year?

IFindex.jpg

Not sure I see Fuller to be all that. He fits in our WR group that can't stay healthy. When healthy Parker, Preston, Wilson, and now Fuller are arguably above average. Injuries make our group very weak as none of them have a good health history and become pedestrians when playing with nagging injuries (hamstring).

They were #8 due mostly to players being absent due to injury or opting out last year.

With those players back along with the additions we made this year via free agency, we can expect to have a good Group of receivers. Nothing wrong with drafting another receiver, but I would put more draft emphasis on a running back who can also catch.

Nothing wrong with drafting another receiver, but I would put more draft emphasis on a running back who can also catch.
In rd1?

I agree that our WR situation may not be as horrible as is being portrayed by many here, but I also think we have to look down the road.

Fuller is a one year deal. Wilson, if he makes the roster, is in his final year.

We really should draft a wideout, though I am fine if it's day 2.

Is Fuller considered a legit #1? I sure hope so. Maybe it will benefit Parker because he might be going up against the other team's #2 CB instead of their #1. Not saying I don't want us to draft one of the top 4 with our 1st pick, but it would be nice to get more production out of the guys we have.
I don’t think so. He’s never had 1000 yards and never caught more than 50ish balls. He scores a lot.

Back
Top Bottom